Sheffield Wednesday Statement on Season Ticket Refunds

55% is more than I expected though I'm not too surprised, its possibly reason we saw very little transfer activity in going for quality players in transfer window with us ending up signing players few other clubs were interested in. 

I can't see us staying up, even without the 12 point deduction it was going to be a struggle. 

A prolonged period of lower league football is upon us with Chansiri losing interest and drastically reducing funding for club. 

It could end up worse than 1970s with attendances dropping well below 10,000. 

Oh well at least we'll be ok with social distancing on kop. :duntmatter:

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

As we approach the end of the 60-day period for 2019/20 Season Ticket rebates, the club are providing this comprehensive update to supporters.

We are currently in the process of actioning cash refunds and every supporter who selected this option will receive their refund.

The initial process was extremely slow at the outset due to a number of constraints. As previously communicated, we were faced with the task of having to implement a brand new ticketing system whilst the extended season was still live given circumstances completely outside of our control.

Ordinarily, such a task would have been carried out in the close season but we had to undertake a major piece of work with our new ticketing partner to ensure the system would allow us to enable a rebate selection process, as opposed to a platform fundamentally designed for regular match ticket purchases.

We offered eight rebate selections, including iFollow viewing and vouchers, donations to the club, spend of future purchases and a pro rata refund. To ensure all supporters did not miss out on their rebate, we extended the initial deadline to 1 September.

Once all selections were made, a manual process began of inputting into each account a dummy transaction with the refund value required that married up with data from the previous system, which was an exceptionally long process. This would then allow us to cancel the transaction off to enable the refund to be made.

Over 55% of Season Ticket holders chose the pro rata refund which has resulted in refunds in excess of seven figures to administer. These were higher figures than anticipated which in turn has led to an extended process.

We will fulfil the rebate option as promised, and although the process may take a short time longer than was anticipated for some supporters, everyone who selected that option will receive their refund. Please note that all refunds are being actioned by telephone only, Ticket Office staff are contacting supporters directly.

With regards to 2020/21 Season Tickets, we communicated our original plans on the basis that we expected a phased return of supporters in October and although this was paused, we, like all clubs across the country, are hopeful of more positive news when the Government discusses this critical issue on 9 November.

In the meantime we thank all our supporters for your patience and understanding and reiterate that we look forward to welcoming you back to Hillsborough at the earliest available opportunity.

I'm a bugger for skim reading - did it say 'apology' anywhere in that?

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

55% is more than I expected though I'm not too surprised, its possibly reason we saw very little transfer activity in going for quality players in transfer window with us ending up signing players few other clubs were interested in.   

So people asking for refunds for something they didn't get is the reason why we've signed a player with a double broken leg with metal pins in it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Great so am I going to get a call from someone purporting to be from SWFC asking for my bank details? Beware of possible fraudsters operating!

I've bought a ST for this year so they should have my details without needing to phone. All rather difficult to fathom.

Possibly  because some people don't update there details with club.  Addresses and phone numbers.

Plus they might want to try and talk you out of it whilst offering discount on a play off final t-shirt.  lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So people asking for refunds for something they didn't get is the reason why we've signed a player with a double broken leg with metal pins in it?

Now that is something I don't get, there's not another club in football who would do this.

He could be another Jim Holton, never to kick a ball for us. 

• Like 1

Wednesday are a 20th century club operating in the 21st century, it's been this way since the mid-90's when Wednesday stopped any kind of progress off the field.  

Wednesday also probably furloughed the exact staff you want to deal with refunds.  That's understandable, but then they should have furloughed players in my opinion if they want to maintain any goodwill and make Wednesday more sustainable.  

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Now that is something I don't get, there's not another club in football who would do this.

He could be another Jim Holton, never to kick a ball for us. 

We made the same mistake with Emanuelson - and made him (according to his tweet) our best paid player

I'm glad we are learning from those lessons

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

We made the same mistake with Emanuelson - and made him (according to his tweet) our best paid player

I'm glad we are learning from those lessons

I literally still cant believe, we actually did that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Wednesday are a 20th century club operating in the 21st century, it's been this way since the mid-90's when Wednesday stopped any kind of progress off the field.  

Wednesday also probably furloughed the exact staff you want to deal with refunds.  That's understandable, but then they should have furloughed players in my opinion if they want to maintain any goodwill and make Wednesday more sustainable.  

I'm sure I read that when club closed for few months Chansiri made up the staff office money to full 100% pay.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Mad innit 

Can't be proper fans if they're not giving their hard earned money to a billiionaire football owner to give to millionaire football agents to help them sign millionaire football players and pay them millions of pounds

What a bizarre thing to say

9 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

They have already said if I am not wrong that there are no refunds for this season.

Only thing we can hope for is it going into the season after as a credit.

Wow ,,can't fukking wait

Get in touch with your card provider, they will give you a refund