Sheffield Wednesday Statement on Season Ticket Refunds

I've not had any call or anything from the club, or have I?  I selected a refund but I was expecting some sort of confirmation by email...I get a lot of phone calls and some are missed or some look like a sales call and subsequently ignored.

Couple of thoughts from me:

1) 55% seems reasonable.  Me and the mrs both have season tickets.  I took the iFollow & vouchers option, we got the refund for her, I'd imagine there are a lot of families like that.

2) Why has it taken until the 20 somethingth of October to tell us this, when the refund was supposed to be payed by the 29th (presumably as the weekend payments won't go through).  Why is communication so appalling, if you tell people it will be 60 days and it's 61, they will be p!ssed off.  If you tell them it will be 90 and it's 75, they will be reasonably happy.  Just communicate with people FFS.

3) The system put in place for 2020/21 was at the time (IMO) a bit cheeky but with the potential of small numbers of fans in the stands in October I was OK with it.  Now with no chance of fans in the ground for another 6 months the club HAVE to offer refunds.  Between us and my parents we've got about £2k tied up in the club!  I'll happily pay £10 to watch all the games on iFollow, that seems fair.  But having £2k tied up for the potential of a league 1 season ticket for 21/22 certainly doesn't seem to appealing. 

As things stand I can see a lot (I'm thinking thousands) of people never setting foot in Hillsborough again simply because of the way this has been handled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

On 27/10/2020 at 11:39, Suffolk.Owl said:

Ged Sedloski?? Didn't he have one leg longer than the other, great at cornering but went round in circles a lot. Yet another great signing.

If it wasn't for the restrictions on foreign players having to play a certain amount of matches he would have been our centre half for five years at least...he played 100 games for Macedonia and was hardly ever injured. Goce was head and shoulders above the likes of Andy Pearce and Peter Atherton but he couldn't get in because Des and Emerson were playing so well. Under the Bosman rules he should have been there for the length of his contract which was four years initially

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I've not had any call or anything from the club, or have I?  I selected a refund but I was expecting some sort of confirmation by email...I get a lot of phone calls and some are missed or some look like a sales call and subsequently ignored.

I've not had anything as yet. ******** poor on and off the pitch, from top to the bottom 

• Like 2

Really surprised no surveys have been ran by groups that represent football fans. You hear a lot from them at the minute on how unfair the Premier League PPV model is, but next to nothing on whether clubs are issuing timely refund.