Sheffield Wednesday Statement on Season Ticket Refunds

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Over 55% of Season Ticket holders chose the pro rata refund

These were higher figures than anticipated  

Interesting....

Perhaps the club thought that Garry Monk’s tantalising brand of football would convince ST Holders to keep their money in the club?

Seriously as daft as it sounds this might tip the balance against Monk as it’s hardly a ringing endorsement for him or the club?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

I wanted a refund for the remainder of last season. 

I want a refund for this season. 

And the last thing it will be going on is another season ticket.  I strongly suspect I'm not alone. 

Good For you enjoy your Saturday in shopping arcade, down the pub or on a sofa x 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Perhaps the club thought that Garry Monk’s tantalising brand of football would convince ST Holders to keep their money in the club?

Seriously as daft as it sounds this might tip the balance against Monk as it’s hardly a ringing endorsement for him or the club?

Hi Jim,

You seem to be doing that thing where you try and turn every thread into a discussion about Garry Monk again

Just letting you know in case you'd not noticed you were doing it x

Owlstalk Shop

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mad innit 

Can't be proper fans if they're not giving their hard earned money to a billiionaire football owner to give to millionaire football agents to help them sign millionaire football players and pay them millions of pounds

could of course lead to DC saying fizz it I’ll load the club with a mortgage, sweat my assets and no longer put my direct saving/

income in any more and finance the lot via deals till I sell, walk away or we get lucky

and go up.

Edited by dowls
Spelling

Just now, dowls said:

could of course lead to DC saying fizz it I’ll load the club with a mortgage, sweat my assets and no longer put my direct saving/

income in any more and finance the lot via deals till I sell, walk away or we get licky

and go up.

WOW

Please tell me you didn't really just mean to post that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Thought it would be much higher

Got to laugh at the people who said the club  can keep my money to help them out 

Your 150/200 quid went straight into a players back pocket 

Edited by Sticky Micky
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hi Jim,

You seem to be doing that thing where you try and turn every thread into a discussion about Garry Monk again

Just letting you know in case you'd not noticed you were doing it x

Sorry Neil but the current quality of product on show is arguably a reason for the high percentage of supporters wanting a refund, is it not? x

• Like 1

Remember when people on here was having a go at fans for taking refunds when Dc offered them the other season 

'they should be banned for life' 

Way things are going, alot of people wouldn't see that as a punishment 

10 hours ago, sage owl said:

I wanted a refund for the remainder of last season. 

I want a refund for this season. 

And the last thing it will be going on is another season ticket.  I strongly suspect I'm not alone. 

They have already said if I am not wrong that there are no refunds for this season.

Only thing we can hope for is it going into the season after as a credit.

Wow ,,can't fukking wait

8 hours ago, sage owl said:

Yeah I've only been going since 67 home and away I'm just the kind of part timer the club and industry can do without xx. 

Been fanatical since 1961.

At the minute my interest is minimal.

DC is dragging us into a swamp we won't get out of for a very long time, if ever

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Thought it would be much higher

Got to laugh at the people who said the club  can keep my money to help them out 

Your 150/200 quid went straight into a players back pocket 

With a fair proportion going into the pockets of players who didn't want to play for us, or the ones who were deemed not good enough for us....it won't be paying this season's wages

• Like 1