News due this week??

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

*click*

You're welcome Neil. Another Bentley for the garage

I don't know what Neil drives now, but he used to drive a right old banger

Even the wife commented on his car

He was driving up the long driveway to his manshun, and I said to the wife, "that's Neil, he owns Owlstalk"

She said "What? and he drives around in a car like that"

I told her it was just for show to make people think he wasn't minted

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, tomhollywood said:

So even though we're still in the FFP red, the sale has provided leeway to be able to buy players etc.

I wondered if he could have just took the points deduction and saved himself the money spent on the ground sale.

Then spend that cash on players instead.

Think if he'd have done that we'd have been embargoed and not allowed to buy any players.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Think if he'd have done that we'd have been embargoed and not allowed to buy any players.

Ok cheers.

It's all so laughable. We have to jump through these hoops yet the prem clubs come down with a packed lunch and a pocket full of cash given to them.

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan
15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thank god we did what we did so we could have the right good laugh that we're having this season then

lol

At least we are having it the EFL not the conference.

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We will find out in due course whether there is a story of any merit. 

I follow both  Maguire and Løhmann and the stuff they dig up can make for fascinating reading but we only ever hear their side of it, the club never responds to their findings. 

So how much "truth" there actually is, is open to question. 

They don't actually dig anything up. The only information they obtain is from items that are readily available to the public. They might put it in a fancy graph to impress the likes of Neil

However there is not enough information within the accounts to give detailed analysis of anything. They can't get it from elsewhere either.

The EFL disciplinary meeting - and any appeal - was tighter than a ducks bottom when it came to leaks.

DC is equally very secretive

So I am not convinced that any rumours would be forthcoming that have any merit. What I would expect is that Companies House might issue a legal proceedings letter or indeed a winding up notice for not filing accounts as yet. A couple of months late would be fairly standard for that.

Who knows but whatever comes out - if it does on Thursday - then don't take Maguires stance on it as gospel

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

They don't actually dig anything up. The only information they obtain is from items that are readily available to the public. They might put it in a fancy graph to impress the likes of Neil

However there is not enough information within the accounts to give detailed analysis of anything. They can't get it from elsewhere either.

The EFL disciplinary meeting - and any appeal - was tighter than a ducks bottom when it came to leaks.

So I am not convinced that any rumours would be forthcoming that have any merit. What I would expect is that Companies House might issue a legal proceedings letter or indeed a winding up notice for not filing accounts as yet. A couple of months late would be fairly standard for that.

Who knows but whatever comes out - if it does on Thursday - then don't take Maguires stance on it as gospel

I won't 

Guest Mcguigan
15 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

So even though we're still in the FFP red, the sale has provided leeway to be able to buy players etc.

I wondered if he could have just took the points deduction and saved himself the money spent on the ground sale.

Then spend that cash on players instead.

No the sale was to prevent us posting over £67m worth of losses over 15/16, 16/17 & 17/18 accounting period and stop us getting a relegation threatening points deduction.

So bored so for a little relief decided creating an Upsidedown Pie would offer a little light relief. And derange this strange thread.

METHOD:- Roll out the crust mix and place in the bottom of the dish. Layer with Onions, Beef, Potato and Carrots liberal salt and Oxo stock.

Put in oven Upsidedown on Gasmark 7 for 45 minutes.

RESULT:-   One unholy mess !

CONCLUSION:-  I'll let you know once I've finished cleaning the Oven.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

No the sale was to prevent us posting over £67m worth of losses over 15/16, 16/17 & 17/18 accounting period and stop us getting a relegation threatening points deduction.

But then we get punished anyway and still face a points deduction that will likely relegate us.

It's crackers.

Guest Hornsby
37 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Gotta say, I usually find them both informative and interesting.

Can't believe though Maguires got heads up on anything official, like Companies House action.

Hopefully, some take over news and either Red Bull or Amanda would be great.

If Blades can get a bung from Bin Laden, why can't we?

Or maybe the £4 million compensation from Newcastle has arrived.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So hang on

You log on

You see an accounting lecturer getting attacked on the internet

For some reason you REALLY REALLY want to join in with the mob

BUT..... BEFORE YOU DO....

You want ME to tell you if something is true or not before you attack a person on the internet?

lol

Aye....

ALREYT THEN

Show me what I've said then ? 

Mob....thaz been watching too much Netflix pal.

Jog on.