News due this week??

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I read through the first few pages then due to a lot of stupid posts I went to the last page ...I didn't know it was a load of inventions ( I still don't, take your word for it) 

Then surely before attacking someone on the internet you'd check to make sure before joining in with the mob?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

This is why he gets absolutely zero credence.

I don't see how that, as puerile and shameful as it was, therefore permanently negates anything else Maguire has to say. Especially, as in this case, no one knows what he's even referring to. Have you looked at his Twitter feed? Seems to me to be entirely reasonable and well informed. Certainly doesn't deserve the hostility he routinely gets on here.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Then surely before attacking someone on the internet you'd check to make sure before joining in with the mob?

No seeing as the OP is a decent poster I took it as fact, and I didn't feel the need to check it out for half and hour before I commented.

I also thought it would be removed on here tok if it was a thread made up of BS.

Crack on.

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

But why keep the thread going if it is as it just serves no purpose other then to confuse ppl 

Oh I see it as the exact opposite

It's clarification

It's calling out all those who have jumped in to attack Maguire (And other journos/pundits) without checking facts first

I could very easily delete this thread and make the pain go away for those who have jumped in and joined in with the mob. But why should I?

It's time each and every one of those who do this are called out and shown up once and for all 

It would really help the mob mentality if this thread went away but I want everyone to read it, stop for a moment and reflect on how they post, what they say, and their future behaviours before blindly jumping in to attack someone on the internet

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

The bloke never gets anything right, zilch!

He can make stuff up or speculate all he wants, it will not give him any credibility.

Maguire's wrong 100% of the time, like that Lohmann fella, but then Lohmann spectacularly gets wrong stuff wrong!!

This is where I ask you for a few examples and where you don't/can/t come up with any

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You mean I tend to correct people when they've gone on the internet and attacked people repeatedly for something they never did and haven't even done?

Yep

I do

And I'll always do that 

You say you correct people. You get angry when they don't think the same as you. It's not a good look. 

• Like 1

We will find out in due course whether there is a story of any merit. 

I follow both  Maguire and Løhmann and the stuff they dig up can make for fascinating reading but we only ever hear their side of it, the club never responds to their findings. 

So how much "truth" there actually is, is open to question. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

As owlstalk fights go this one is poo, come on guys step it up a bit im wasting my popcorn. Oh and for what its worth, that Maguire chap is the most overrated centre back in British football. 

You want a fight or summat?