News due this week??

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Basically what's happening is 'The Mob' have decided to attack Keiran Maguire for a post/tweet yesterday where it's suggested that there might be some news on Thursday

One after the other they're lining up in this thread to attack him

Frothing at the mouth

Furiously tapping at their keyboards about how Maguire is an attention seeker, how he's clickbaiting, how he just posts for attention and to wind Wednesday fans up etc etc

So I checked Maguires twitter feed and facebook feed and guess what?

HE HASN"T POSTED ONCE

Not once

He hasn't posted, hasn't tweeted anything ANYWHERE

lol

So now rather than accept that, apologise for being gullible and jumping into the mob mentality, the ones who posted attacks on Maguire for the posts/tweets THAT HE EVER EVER DID are trying to find ways to justify it or twist things so that they CAN attack Maguire

It's hilarious

Absolutely BRILLIANT

lol

They could have looked at what the mob were ranting at, and taken ten seconds to just check for themselves before joining in and seeing for themselves that Maguire's not tweeted/posted ANYTHING ANYWHERE

But instead they'd rather just jump in with the mob

Kin Ban em all Neil 

About time we reclaimed this site , it has been infiltrated by 

Wets 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

And this is where I tell you I cannot be arrised but all the info is there.

Take a look at both Maguire's and Lohmann's Twitter feeds when relaying "facts" about Wednesday, they present supposition and their limited knowledge as fact...all the time...and they're ALWAYS wrong!

Go on, have a look yourself!

You could always try disproving them with your own stats?

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Well it's not DC selling up given the money he's spent recently and the attempts to get Zahore here.

If it's to do with late accounts, it's probably another fine.

Possible it's to do with the appeal.

Although it’s probably something as interesting as cancelling a catering contract,  I don’t think our transfer activity has any relevance to Chansiri selling up.  Particularly as we are only looking at loans or shrewd dealings. 
Takeovers can take a long time to sort, see Newcastle, and Chansiri needs to keep us in the championship to maintain any kind of club value. So he’s going to want to proceed with improving the team over the next 10 days if it helps with selling negotiations 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hopefully a valuable lesson learnt here then for you before you attack people on the internet

Show me were I 'attacked' someone ?

I've made a comment based on what I thought was correct...if it was BS then people should at least be made aware rather then lure them in and then beat them with a stick with the old ' i told you so'

I don't give a f**k either way Neil you should know that anyway ..I'll carry on commenting on stuff I see fit and if the next thing is BS again on here ...hey get your big stick out again if it amuses you so much.

Edited by TaxiMark

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Any tips on the 4.10 at Doncaster? 

In my very brief search on pigeon racing (curious wth this was) I suddenly discovered where Abdi's career has taken him... gained a few pounds and now interviewing Dutch pigeon racing stars...

pigeonracing.png.7ee8fac67ae7c29c30023ed97c4dd5f2.png

(at least I thought he looked like him...)

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

If it was BS then people should at least be made aware 

So hang on

You log on

You see an accounting lecturer getting attacked on the internet

For some reason you REALLY REALLY want to join in with the mob

BUT..... BEFORE YOU DO....

You want ME to tell you if something is true or not before you attack a person on the internet?

lol

Aye....

ALREYT THEN

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan

My two penneth on whats coming.

The appeals lost so the points deduction stands.

15-16 adjusted losses £8m

16-17 adjusted losses £19m

17-18 adjusted losses £34m

So we've exceeded P&S limits by £22m and got a 12 point deduction as a result. End of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stadium sale will now be included in the 18/19 accounts (yet to be published) and we'll show a profit of up to £5m because of it.

16-17 adjusted losses £19m

17-18 adjusted losses £34m

18-19 adjusted profit £5m

So we've exceed P&S limits by £9m

But, because it is now excluded from 17/18 accounts, that means we've failed Tests 1, 2 of the this next set of P&S limits, hence the soft embargo restrictions I've been stating and at worst case another possible smaller points deduction for next season. 

This soft embargo is now in force and will continue to be until DC can provide evidence to the EFL that he can fulfill his financial obligations to the club going forward and stay within FFP limits for the next two seasons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The saving grace is that with every season that goes by the huge losses drop off for that accounting period.

19-20 estimates an allowable loss of £10m . Touch and go for me.

We should be out of the poop at the end of this season, by my estimates, but under the watchful eye of the EFL.

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

So we've exceeded P&S limits by £22m and got a 12 point deduction as a result. End of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stadium sale will now be included in the 18/19 accounts (yet to be published) and we'll show a profit of up to £5m because of it.

But, because it is now excluded from 17/18 accounts, that means we've failed Tests 1, 2 of the this next set of P&S limits, hence the soft embargo restrictions I've been stating and at worst case another possible smaller points deduction for next season. 

This soft embargo is now in force and will continue to be until DC can provide evidence to the EFL that he can fulfill his financial obligations to the club going forward and stay within FFP limits for the next two seasons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The saving grace is that with every season that goes by the huge losses drop off for that accounting period.

We should be out of the poop at the end of this season, by my estimates, but under the watchful eye of the EFL.

Nice work - you could be right

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I think FFP will be written off for last season due to the pandemic

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

What would have happened if DC hadn't sold the ground?

Would we have just been even more in the FFP red and had the same 12 points deducted?

Pretty much, with it being a three rolling calculation and us not looking like turning a profit anytime soon. We'd have had a very miserable next few years.

6 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Pretty much, with it being a three rolling calculation and us not looking like turning a profit anytime soon. We'd have had a very miserable next few years.

Thank god we did what we did so we could have the right good laugh that we're having this season then

lol

Owlstalk Shop