The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

23 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Mate, they have parachute payments, combined with a sensible and well managed wage bill, and a core squad who have already shown that they can compete at the top end of the  championship with the right manager.

They've borrowed a load of money. 

A core squad who got promoted a few seasons ago and have just endured one of the worst seasons of any PL team. 

The manager who masterminded the promotions is gone. 

Do love these Wednesday fans who come in this thread to tell us how great Dem Blades are. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rogers said:

I’m sure they’ll be ok with the parachute payments and players that are basically ideal for the Championship; no one’s gonna poach any of them 

They have already borrowed against next seasons PL money, not the failure payments, but they money they would have got if they were not relegated

So how many players jump ship, or get sold on the cheap, and who they get as manager will decide how well they do next season

5 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

As is your answer. Congratulations.

Tell me, were/are you one of those who come into this thread and tell us how we have no right to laugh at them because we are crap? 

You also go on about how brilliant they are etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Tell me, were/are you one of those who come into this thread and tell us how we have no right to laugh at them because we are crap? 

You also go on about how brilliant they are etc. 

Well our plight does sort of undermine our position to gloat doesn't it?  You've just admitted it yourself a few posts back..

Both clubs are at a crossroads now, and it could go either way for both next season. But comparatively they are already in a far stronger position.

Had we got our act together and avoided relegation, then it would be time to fill our boots.  As it stands, I am keeping my powder dry down when football creeps into any real life conversations with them.

12 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Well our plight does sort of undermine our position to gloat doesn't it?  You've just admitted it yourself a few posts back..

Both clubs are at a crossroads now, and it could go either way for both next season. But comparatively they are already in a far stronger position.

Had we got our act together and avoided relegation, then it would be time to fill our boots.  As it stands, I am keeping my powder dry down when football creeps into any real life conversations with them.

Just laugh while you can, it might be a while before we get another chance, although they are as nearly badly run as us, so you never know

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Well our plight does sort of undermine our position to gloat doesn't it?  

No it doesn't

That's not how football fandom works

It's like saying you cannot comment on what you consider a rubbish film because you can't even make films

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

Thanks to Chansiri and to this set of numpties masquerading as footballers, for denying us even the most basic of pleasures. We should all be howling with laughter at the moment, but we all know that we are in no position to do so. It's unthinkable.

The wheels may have come off big time over there, but they still own a Ferrari. We on the other hand are smirking at them from a rusty old Reliant Robin, which won't get through the next MOT.

Hope  Mousset doesn't get behind the wheel of the Ferrari then FFS.

• Haha 5

We can still laugh at them, but it isn't as much fun as it should be because of how crap we are. 

Tbf, them getting relegated didn't really resonate yesterday, as they've been goners for so long. 

The journey though to that point was quite beautiful though. Really cheered me up after having to watch us. 

Perhaps a lot of us are seeing this the wrong way. Yes, enjoying their demise could have been so much better had we had even just an average season. 

But, can you even imagine how desperate this year would have been if Utd were pushing for Europe this year (albeit for about 2 weeks) and we were where we are? 

Rather than taking the high note of joy away at seeing them crumble, personally it has been the only tonic to an awful season. I’m losing interest in football for a multitude of factors about the game anyway, but watching your rival get smashed is always great and doesn’t rely on any other factors, it’s just great seeing them fail. 

• Like 1

Athletic this morning says:
It is understood all but maybe one or two of United’s players have significant wage reduction relegation clauses that will kick in during the summer.

same article also says:
Prince Abdullah, when speaking in the aftermath of Wilder’s departure last month, revealed: “Some of the players have clauses in their contracts, so that if they get a certain offer, they can leave. We cannot do anything about that.”

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Athletic this morning says:
It is understood all but maybe one or two of United’s players have significant wage reduction relegation clauses that will kick in during the summer.

same article also says:
Prince Abdullah, when speaking in the aftermath of Wilder’s departure last month, revealed: “Some of the players have clauses in their contracts so that if they get a certain offer, they can leave. We cannot do anything about that.”

So, pay cut for relegation clauses alongside release clauses. Wonder which the players want to use?