The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I hope you're right but I fear not. Guys like Brewster are typical of the type of player I am on about

He had half a good season in the Championship. That is what his professional career to date is based on - 10 goals. You can see confidence has visibly drained way from him. He can barely remember the last time he scored.

Who else?

It's hard to tell really

Last seasons relegated clubs has seen 2 of them promoted back with something to sapre - and the other in the play-offs in decent form - until today!

TBH i think both Norwich and Watford are better teams than the pigs though - i imagine both will strengthen for the PL although Norwich don't like to splash too much cash as they prefer to look after the clubs financial health - which is a rarity!

Watford could lose some of their players as they are being chased by some big clubs - they tend to lose a player or 2 every season as they do seem to have a knack of unearthing gems

Who the pigs appoint is gonna be crucial as well - i think Wilder built a team of a certain spec - and i'm not sure it would be the liking of a host of would be managers so quite a lot of change could be in the offing - which is unsettling in itself

They are in such a tail spin that it's hard to see how they can iediately pull out of it - but Norwich did

There is potential for a few clubs to maybe challenge next season if they get their act together but it doesn't look a particularly strong division as it stands

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He had half a good season in the Championship. That is what his professional career to date is based on - 10 goals. You can see confidence has visibly drained way from him. He can barely remember the last time he scored.

Who else?

I'm not sitting here arguing how good the United side will be in the championship. I think the standard of the Championship is a lot lower now. 

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I'm not sitting here arguing how good the United side will be in the championship. I think the standard of the Championship is a lot lower now. 

Right, so you made a point in a discussion but don't want to back it up? Fair enough. 

13 minutes ago, scram said:

It's hard to tell really

Last seasons relegated clubs has seen 2 of them promoted back with something to sapre - and the other in the play-offs in decent form - until today!

TBH i think both Norwich and Watford are better teams than the pigs though - i imagine both will strengthen for the PL although Norwich don't like to splash too much cash as they prefer to look after the clubs financial health - which is a rarity!

Watford could lose some of their players as they are being chased by some big clubs - they tend to lose a player or 2 every season as they do seem to have a knack of unearthing gems

Who the pigs appoint is gonna be crucial as well - i think Wilder built a team of a certain spec - and i'm not sure it would be the liking of a host of would be managers so quite a lot of change could be in the offing - which is unsettling in itself

They are in such a tail spin that it's hard to see how they can iediately pull out of it - but Norwich did

There is potential for a few clubs to maybe challenge next season if they get their act together but it doesn't look a particularly strong division as it stands

Norwich did it as you say but they had a clear plan, they stuck by their manager and believed in him. 

Utd give out the impression they don't know what they are doing. Why did they appoint Jason Tindall, what is his role and remit?

16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I just made a prediction...didn’t think I was signing up to detailed analysis of the United squad on sat night!

What did you have planned for your Saturday night, other than continuing to post in a thread about Utd?

You could have put your points forward rather than your last 2 pointless posts. 

12 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Norwich did it as you say but they had a clear plan, they stuck by their manager and believed in him. 

Utd give out the impression they don't know what they are doing. Why did they appoint Jason Tindall, what is his role and remit?

Think there’s a big difference between Norwich and dem blades. Norwich went up, were frugal and expected to come back down with a plan for this season. Dem blades went up had an unexpected good season. Went mad on the spending bought some right crap and crashed and burned. Norwich planned for being back in the championship. Dem blades planned for the champions league....,badly. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Think there’s a big difference between Norwich and dem blades. Norwich went up, were frugal and expected to come back down with a plan for this season. Dem blades went up had an unexpected good season. Went mad on the spending bought some right crap and crashed and burned. Norwich planned for being back in the championship. Dem blades planned for the champions league....,badly. 

I think there plan was to plan for relegation looking at the players that they singed..... when it was clear that they weren't going down they panicked which was made worse by Wilders insistance on largely buying British

That bloke Bettis (think that's his name) has confirmed Heckingbottom is on a 5 man shortlist to be named permanent manager as he's done a commemdable job since being placed in charge

Sounds to me like it's a done deal and they're holding out to fool the fans into thinking they're interviewing other candidates when they've been planning to go with Heckingbottom all along

Just now, IWEDFM said:

That bloke Bettis (think that's his name) has confirmed Heckingbottom is on a 5 man shortlist to be named permanent manager as he's done a commendable job since being placed in charge

Sounds to me like it's a done deal and they're holding out to fool the fans into thinking they're interviewing other candidates when they've been planning to go with Heckingbottom all along

10 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

That bloke Bettis (think that's his name) has confirmed Heckingbottom is on a 5 man shortlist to be named permanent manager as he's done a commemdable job since being placed in charge

Well heckys win ratio is better than one of their own Wilder this season 😀

Reports that Jokanović his not on their short list. Blessin apparently can’t get a work permit. So that’s the two favourites out. Makes you wonder who the other four are?of the names mentioned, Terry, Appleton the bloke from Bournemouth ( they were convinced was keeping it warm for Howe) and I’m struggling to even think who the other could be.