The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

18 hours ago, Jim said:

Jokanovic would give them a decent chance of bouncing straight back but it would probably depend on who he’s allowed to keep and what he can do

in the market?

Decent chance, but their best chance was wilder with that team. Expensively assembled but not exactly high on quality, coming off one of the worst seasons in EPL history.

The other way of looking at it is Jokanovic acknowledged to be a very expensive option, another big wage draining the parachute money they've already spent.

3 hours ago, striker said:

Decent chance, but their best chance was wilder with that team. Expensively assembled but not exactly high on quality, coming off one of the worst seasons in EPL history.

The other way of looking at it is Jokanovic acknowledged to be a very expensive option, another big wage draining the parachute money they've already spent.

Some of the players supposedly have relegation wage reduction clauses in their contracts, some have release clauses. Wonder if the Prince had a word with Wilder and said come on mate the players are doing their bit don't you think you could take a wage cut as well? Wilder said no.

37 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Jokanovic is a very good manager for this level, annoyingly so.

Still, think the next manager is on a hiding to nothing after our Tufty. He was a father to some of them.

:Chansiri:

The first 6 games will be interesting following the cult of wilder....if he doesn't have them in the top 6 it could well be toxic for him

After all 95%of them are convinced that wilder would have taken them back up.... with largely the same team

• Like 1

Their fans logic is nonsense. I was talking to a couple who are convinced they will walk the Championship next season.

I pointed out they are coming down third in a 3 horse race and are trailing massively in that race, so surely that means at least 2 teams way better than them.

They counted by saying next season would be different as they have recent experience of the Championship and what it takes to get out of it.

So do Fulham and West Brom I said, not to mention those who will have come close this season and have even more recent Championship experience. 

Yes but fans will be back next season they said...........................................

I left it at that. They'd got me. I can't compete with that level of intelligence.

For what it's worth I think they'll struggle big time.

Edited by Owlinmad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I would be suprised if they ended up with Jokanovic as prince bog roll has gone on record saying there will be cut backs and players sold to balance to books. Jokanovic has most recently been managing in the middle east so would have been on an absolute wedge out there

I still think they'll end up with that Blessing bloke but i'd love it if they gave it full time to Paul Finishbottom 

23 hours ago, Owlinmad said:

Their fans logic is nonsense. I was talking to a couple who are convinced they will walk the Championship next season.

I pointed out they are coming down third in a 3 horse race and are trailing massively in that race, so surely that means at least 2 teams way better than them.

They counted by saying next season would be different as they have recent experience of the Championship and what it takes to get out of it.

So do Fulham and West Brom I said, not to mention those who will have come close this season and have even more recent Championship experience. 

Yes but fans will be back next season they said...........................................

I left it at that. They'd got me. I can't compete with that level of intelligence.

For what it's worth I think they'll struggle big time.

Just read one of them say they will get between 65 and 95 million for Berge. Totally overlooking it’s been well covered that he has a release clause. And they say we are deluded. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

Just read one of them say they will get between 65 and 95 million for Berge. Totally overlooking it’s been well covered that he has a release clause. And they say we are deluded. 

£95M would make him the 11th most expensive footballer of all time and the 3rd most expensive midfielder. 

A midfielder contracted to a Championship club who doesn't score goals, isn't a good tackler and has been injured for 6 months. 

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think they go up next season...their players are good enough to get promoted but not good enough to be raided by premier league clubs

What about the two clubs that go down with them that have been far better than them then? Will they have their best players raided? If so they will have the most money in the Championship so will be able to cherry pick Utd's best players if they are so good. Not like their players have any loyalty to the club or a manager now.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What about the two clubs that go down with them that have been far better than them then? Will they have their best players raided? If so they will have the most money in the Championship so will be able to cherry pick Utd's best players if they are so good. Not like their players have any loyalty to the club or a manager now.

no mate I think we are starting to see a big difference between championship and PL which means players are too good for one division and not good enough for the other. I think Fulham and WBA are very much like United. 

I feel its kind of a soft ring fencing they've been able to get away with due to ffp rules.

• Like 2

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

no mate I think we are starting to see a big difference between championship and PL which means players are too good for one division and not good enough for the other. I think Fulham and WBA are very much like United. 

I feel its kind of a soft ring fencing they've been able to get away with due to ffp rules.

But that then leaves Fulham and West Brom better off player-wise, manager-wise and financially judging by what we know about United. Play-offs are somewhat a lottery. No guarantee if they aren't top 2 and I am not sure I agree with your player assessment anyway. I think they very much punched above their weight for 2 seasons. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

But that then leaves Fulham and West Brom better off player-wise, manager-wise and financially judging by what we know about United. Play-offs are somewhat a lottery. No guarantee if they aren't top 2 and I am not sure I agree with your player assessment anyway. I think they very much punched above their weight for 2 seasons. 

I hope you're right but I fear not. Guys like Brewster are typical of the type of player I am on about