Strikers/Goal Scores needed Urgently - apply SWFC

11 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Good point DJM and I agree that the club must have been aware of this striker short fall for a long time but again the majority of reports recently have been centered around possible signings of new defenders and midfielders with little or no mention of our interest in forwards/strikers .

Clearly the club sees that as it's top priority as we've only got one forward left and he's been pretty hopeless. Just because they aren't putting every development on Twitter doesn't mean nothing has been happening. All sorts of factors go into completing transfers and some of them will be dependent on stuff that we can't control.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Forest are signing Lyle Taylor to compete with Grabban. Maybe we can move for Tyler Walker?

He’d be good, has a solid record in leagues one and two. 

the more I read about Landon Dykes I see similarities with Chris Wood and I hope we go for him too. 

Edited by Bluesteel

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

One worth considering if they make him available. Looked understandably raw in the games he's played for Forest at this level but has honed his skills on loan in the last couple of seasons and has done pretty well. 

We should be signing lyle Taylor not forests excess  ffs

Just now, brando said:

We should be signing lyle Taylor not forests excess  ffs

We should be trying to I agree, pretty sure we would be unsuccessful though given our current situation. 

1 hour ago, RBigs said:

We definitely need a proven goal scorer maybe even two.

Maybe two? :ohmy:

A forward comes on from the bench in probably 80-90% of all matches. Therefore, you need 3 of them at the barest minimum. That's before you think about injuries, form and rotation. As things stand we've only got one, and he's been hopeless. 

2 hours ago, Watto said:

It's a scary thought that with 4 weeks left before the season starts we have one ( so called ) striker in Rhodes , I wonder if there's any other championship team so ill prepared up front on the eve of a season 

Do you think the club has intentionally got one striker? Do you not think we would like more? Do you not think we’re looking at options and potentially negotiating with agents? 

Not every player we want to sign comes off, but also The press and ITKers don’t get wind of every one we try and secure. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

First time they meet each other will be when they take the kick off.

Remember that they don't stand together anymore. You have to do that pass back thing so it would be a first meet at a distance 

• Haha 1

Just pointed out in the other thread our current squad scored 24 league goals between them. That includes Rhodes 3 against forest and dunk let’s six for Wigan. I think it’s fair to say we definitely need a few players who actually know where the goal is.