Strikers/Goal Scores needed Urgently - apply SWFC

I welcome our two new additions but all I am hearing is about defenders/midfielders when we are desperate to add to our striker options. As it stands we only have Rhodes and enough has been said about his lack of goals and overall attacking performances.

We need 2-3 new strikers/goal scorers now so they can get up to speed with the rest of the squad and be 100% ready for the new season.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bolton9owl said:

I welcome our two new additions but all I am hearing is about defenders/midfielders when we are desperate to add to our striker options. As it stands we only have Rhodes and enough has been said about his lack of goals and overall attacking performances.

We need 2-3 new strikers/goal scorers now so they can get up to speed with the rest of the squad and be 100% ready for the new season.

Do you honestly think we will just not be bothering getting new strikers and will just head into the new season with just Rhodes on the books?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

1878481311_BrandNewInformation.gif.aa1ab09f750234e2ea3af440661068c5.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you honestly think we will just not be bothering getting new strikers and will just head into the new season with just Rhodes on the books?

It's a scary thought that with 4 weeks left before the season starts we have one ( so called ) striker in Rhodes , I wonder if there's any other championship team so ill prepared up front on the eve of a season 

20 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Forest are signing Lyle Taylor to compete with Grabban. Maybe we can move for Tyler Walker?

One worth considering if they make him available. Looked understandably raw in the games he's played for Forest at this level but has honed his skills on loan in the last couple of seasons and has done pretty well. 

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I didn’t say that that we wouldn’t be bothering getting new strikers (remember they are your words) - I said all we are hearing about is Defenders and Midfielders, there has been little reported about possible Strikers coming to S6.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Watto said:

It's a scary thought that with 4 weeks left before the season starts we have one ( so called ) striker in Rhodes , I wonder if there's any other championship team so ill prepared up front on the eve of a season 

The season ended only a fortnight ago, with enormous uncertainty due to the pandemic, the consequences of the EFL action against us, four strikers coming to the end of their contracts and the return of a loanee to his parent club. It's hardly likely that the club did not anticipate this well in advance and have formulated a strategy to resolve it in due course. Squad turnover, especially for a club in our circumstances is relatively routine and nothing to get in a flap about just yet.

Good point DJM and I agree that the club must have been aware of this striker short fall for a long time but again the majority of reports recently have been centered around possible signings of new defenders and midfielders with little or no mention of our interest in forwards/strikers .

I'm not totally convinced that Beattie will make a huge difference but I actually think having him on board could help with this.

A team starting the season on -12 points might not be the most attractive proposition but in having a coach who has received praise from a couple of attackers who have improved and gone on to big moves as a result of his work could be a good added selling point.

The priority will be to convince potential signings that we have a clear plan for the next 2 or 3 years and convince them how they can be a key part of this but if it doesn't work out there is still a good chance that their own game can improve while with us and they could get a good move from this.  

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Strikers are always the last to be signed due to everyone being after them. They take their time choosing their news clubs. 

True, but every year we are told of the importance of getting players in early, getting them up to speed with our specific pre season regime and integrating them into the squad.

This season more than ever it is important we get off to a good start and when the season kicks off mid-September we can ill afford to wait until the transfer window closes in mid-October to sort this out.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True, but every year we are told of the importance of getting players in early, getting them up to speed with our specific pre season regime and integrating them into the squad.

This season more than ever it is important we get off to a good start and when the season kicks off mid-September we can ill afford to wait until the transfer window closes in mid-October to sort this out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if its mid-October though.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

First time they meet each other will be when they take the kick off.

• Haha 1