Question

Monks last half of the season:

PL 23 W 4 D 5 L 14 PTS 17 which over the 2019/2020 would result in a rock bottom finish. 

Is not having a full back room staff and an EFL charge pending excuses enough to entrust a man with such a record with the biggest rebuild job in years?  

• Thanks 1

I've said it all along that i believe Monk only got the job because of his experience of working in similar circumstances at Brum.

DCs taking a MASSIVE GAMBLE keeping faith with Monk on the evidence we have seen so far. I don't believe he should be trusted with the job, if I'm right we are seriously screwed.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Question...why have another thread to repeat something you have repeatedly been saying about Monk...we get it you don't want him...he's here for the foreseeable future suck it up

Repeatedly? 

You’ve still not answered my question. 

12 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

PL 23 W 4 D 5 L 14 PTS 17 which over the 2019/2020 would result in a rock bottom finish. 

Is not having a full back room staff and an EFL charge pending excuses enough to entrust a man with such a record with the biggest rebuild job in years?  

hes got his own team now & hopefully he"ll have his own squad of players. lets see what he can do now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

He's staying. I'm fine with that. One man's excuse is another man's reason.

Question; why not just wait and see?

Well that’s all I or anyone can do but that record fills me with zero confidence despite circumstances, restraints, excuses, reasons...depending on what type of person you are! 

2 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Well that’s all I or anyone can do but that record fills me with zero confidence despite circumstances, restraints, excuses, reasons...depending on what type of person you are! 

Question : Would you have sacked Alex Ferguson in his early seasons at Manchester United?

4 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Not really. You did start an additional thread on this topic and invited questions. Didn't you really want any responses?

Yes in relation to the subject and not going off on an irrelevant tangent about Fergie and Big Ron.

Still care to show me where I repeatedly state this about Monk? 

We are an integral part of that rebuild. To wish ill fortune on Monk is nonsensical and counterproductive to our aim. 
It’s a result based job. The back room staff ‘excuse’ has now gone. We haven’t really got a squad, it’s on him to rebuild and shape it. He’s got my support because there is no alternative, is there?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Terrible record

Id have sacked him but hes staying. 

There is no good that comes from going down the route of criticism of his previous record as its done with.

Time to park the negatively until its justified in the future.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

We are an integral part of that rebuild. To wish ill fortune on Monk is nonsensical and counterproductive to our aim. 
It’s a result based job. The back room staff ‘excuse’ has now gone. We haven’t really got a squad, it’s on him to rebuild and shape it. He’s got my support because there is no alternative, is there?

Again, where have I wished ill fortune on Monk? 

It is a result based job exactly. Look at the last half season results which prompted my question. 

Of course there are alternatives but DC clearly isn’t going to pursue them. 

Just now, full fathom five said:

I've said it all along that i believe Monk only got the job because of his experience of working in similar circumstances at Brum........

well then lets see  if he can deliver and keep us up this coming season .........you cant appoint some one on the basis that he's been succesfull working with a points reduction and then sack him before the reduction kicks in 

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Where have I said you have? Are you a bit hot and bothered love? 

In your post. Have another look. 

Assuming you’re not a woman, maybe you are but if not I find it a bit odd and almost disturbing you call me “love”. 

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Yes, it's a results based business, and Monk has failed to get the results. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

In your post. Have another look. 

Assuming you’re not a woman, maybe you are but if not I find it a bit odd and almost disturbing you call me “love”. 

If I was speaking to you, I’d have quoted you. I’m out, I’ll leave you and your attention seeking thread to it, it’s been done to death, he’s going nowhere, we know his record, get over it.