Question

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

well then lets see  if he can deliver and keep us up this coming season .........you cant appoint some one on the basis that he's been succesfull working with a points reduction and then sack him before the reduction kicks in 

Not my criteria of appointment it was DCs it seems.  He’s not shown enough for me to warrant any faith in him to deliver what's required.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Question : Would you have sacked Alex Ferguson in his early seasons at Manchester United?

If you are waiting for Garry Monk to turn into Alex Ferguson you might have a long wait. 

Question: Does Garry Monk have the pedigree that Alex Ferguson had in management at that time having guided little Aberdeen to a European trophy and the league title - the last time Rangers or Celtic didn't win the league?

Edited by Guest

Just now, full fathom five said:

Not my criteria of appointment it was DCs it seems.  He’s not shown enough for me to warrant any faith in him to deliver what's required.

well it wouldnt be would it you dont want here ......he wasnt my choice as manager but he's got the job and his record working with a points reduction and financial restraints  is excellent so why not back him .

1 hour ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Monks last half of the season:

PL 23 W 4 D 5 L 14 PTS 17 which over the 2019/2020 would result in a rock bottom finish. 

Is not having a full back room staff and an EFL charge pending excuses enough to entrust a man with such a record with the biggest rebuild job in years?  

It’s irrelevant now. He’s staying.

I wanted him gone, but we move on. I wish him well for the season ahead. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

well it wouldnt be would it you dont want here ......he wasnt my choice as manager but he's got the job and his record working with a points reduction and financial restraints  is excellent so why not back him .

Is it? 

How many points did he secure at Birmingham following the deduction?

You can check the stats around monks performances whilst being at Sheffield Wednesday.

but my opinion there’s been a lot of players which have been staring trouble amongst the group

These players are being released or just left now.

and unsettles  team is not a happy squad I will judge on this season..

Now he’s bringing his own back room staff and I still have suspicions one or two of the staff not mentioning any names were sticking the knife in as well...

Let’s see a bit of jealousy because they wasn’t given a go .wink wink

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

In your post. Have another look. 

Assuming you’re not a woman, maybe you are but if not I find it a bit odd and almost disturbing you call me “love”. 

"Love' maybe right

'Weirdo' precisely right 👍

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

not a clue but i know they didnt go down ....if he does that next season then god bless him . 

They had enough points on the board before the deduction was awarded. When it was applied they were still 5 points above the relegation zone. They picked up 11 points from 8 games after the deduction, might be enough for us this season, might not. Based on what he got out of last season, he might not achieve that.

Just now, Jim said:

Gray wasn’t his man.

Carlos was and has been his most successful.

Lukuhay was a bad call.

He was unlucky with Bruce.

As for ****?

dont alter the fact he's had 5 in 5 years .......you may be right perhaps he doesnt like changing managers but it dont stop him doing it . 

Chuffin 'ell - when I saw the title of this thread I thought it were gonna be loads a saucy pictures of Beyoncé, not more mithering about Mighty Monk. He’s staying, he’s bringing in his own trusted staff (at last), so despite any misgivings let’s get behind him and the team in what is going to be a tough season. WAWAW

• Like 3

I think the feeling of unease is natural. My thoughts are, well he’s here he’s getting what he says he needed let’s get off his back and let him get on with it. If things carry on where they left and we are badly adrift by November then he it hasn’t worked and he should do the honourable thing and walk.

as for sacking BFR, I don’t think you would have found a single fan that wanted him gone after relegation ( as opposed to the 70 percent that voted for Monk to go recently). That was because despite being relegated you could see what he was doing. Their was improvement all across the pitch..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Triple O said:

Question : Would you have sacked Alex Ferguson in his early seasons at Manchester United?

Fergie would have been a gonner in today's football, its a business now and you don't have the luxury of time. That said, for me Monk should have gone, shocking 2nd half to the season and not seen or heard anything from him to fill me with confidence. But, he's staying and we need to stay up so fingers crossed he can turn it round. The barriers of too many disruptive players and not his own backroom staff have been removed so I'll wipe the slate clean and start judging him from now. 

“Thank you for registering your opposition to the continued employment of Garry Monk. Unfortunately at this time all indications point to him being at the club for the foreseeable future. Please accept our apologies and may we invite you to start an ‘I told you so’ thread in the event of the future relieving of his duties. Thank you & Good bye”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2