Question

10 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Monks last half of the season:

PL 23 W 4 D 5 L 14 PTS 17 which over the 2019/2020 would result in a rock bottom finish.

His first half of the season would have us near the top.  If we played Bristol City away 46 times, we would have won the league on a 100% victory rate, but no one ever gives him that credit.  100% victory rate.  Do we really trust anyone else but Monk?  

It's great to be selective 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Triple O said:

Question : Would you have sacked Alex Ferguson in his early seasons at Manchester United?

Monk is here to stay so we should back him.

What I don't get is there a lot of, he needs time, dressing room problems, not his players, would you have sacked Fergie etc yet I said Jos had all the problems Monk has had yet no one thinks he should have had longer, the poor results weren't his fault. and so on.

I just wondered what the difference was.

PS not defending either just an observation on peoples opinions.

28 minutes ago, Manwë said:

His first half of the season would have us near the top.  If we played Bristol City away 46 times, we would have won the league on a 100% victory rate, but no one ever gives him that credit.  100% victory rate.  Do we really trust anyone else but Monk?  

It's great to be selective 

Picking the 2nd HALF of our season, which finished 6 weeks ago is hardly selective.

Bizarre post.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

PL 23 W 4 D 5 L 14 PTS 17 which over the 2019/2020 would result in a rock bottom finish. 

Is not having a full back room staff and an EFL charge pending excuses enough to entrust a man with such a record with the biggest rebuild job in years?  

Chansiri says yes, deal with it!!!

22 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Picking the 2nd HALF of our season, which finished 6 weeks ago is hardly selective.

Bizarre post.

Which includes the Bristol City away match, so my point is valid.

It seems that Wednesday fans want to focus solely on the negative.  I'm picking out a recent game, away from home, against higher opposition.

100% victory rate, and Wednesday fans still find fault.

Bizarre indeed.

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

not a clue but i know they didnt go down ....if he does that next season then god bless him . 

There's a massive difference between being deducted points with a quarter of the season to go but still being clear of relegation, and starting 12 points behind everybody else with the presssure of needing to make up that gap from the off. Going into it with only a short pre-season after half a season of the worst form that I can remember doesn't exactly give reason for optimism.

Or you could think, Wigan were abysmal before lockdown and superb after the enforced break. Maybe Wednesday will be the same. New staff, hopefully some good hungry players and a better atmosphere around the training ground. That’s the thing about football, you never know what’ll happen next. 

17 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Or you could think, Wigan were abysmal before lockdown and superb after the enforced break. Maybe Wednesday will be the same. New staff, hopefully some good hungry players and a better atmosphere around the training ground. That’s the thing about football, you never know what’ll happen next. 

Wigan only lost 1 of 9 games before lockdown, and won away at both Leeds and WBA. 

On 12/08/2020 at 21:00, OasisOwl72 said:

Is not having a full back room staff and an EFL charge pending excuses enough to entrust a man with such a record with the biggest rebuild job in years?  

I’ll answer my own question that was answered ridiculously by some.... no, no it’s fkn not! 

Hindsight is a great thing but foresight far better.