BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

1 minute ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Except that we didn't, as per the accounts signed off by our Auditors. The EFL surely can't disregard what I professional body have signed up to. They might not like what we did to get round P&S but that's a separate matter.

^^^^^^

This all day for me. Does this mean that the EFL can decide where and when each club can put transactions in their accounts? Even though its perfectly legal in the eyes of HMRC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fatzooma said:

So without reading all the content, if the sale of the ground was deemed illegal, does that mean it then goes back to before it was sold??

The sale of the ground wasn’t illegal, putting it in the year before accounts was I think. Should therefore be able to include in the next year 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

So without reading all the content, if the sale of the ground was deemed illegal, does that mean it then goes back to before it was sold??

Good question this, and what’s stopping DC withdrawing it ? 

I wonder if DC's family will be putting pressure on him to stop throwing money into the club.  Should that be the case, the club would end up in administration, unless a buyer could be found.

I really think there's a risk that this could happen. Even if it doesn't, the prospects on the pitch are pretty grim, unless we can sign around 10 players with energy, determination and skill to change the drab performances that we saw since the season started up again.

Is Monk the right manager to attract those players?  I have my doubts.

2 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Read the report dont be lazy

So that’s a resounding No...you don’t actually know..

The sale not illegal but the financial returns were...my question being, if it was a bodged affair, then why is t it null and void?

or do you want to try and be of superior intelligence on a Forum..dreary me

Edited by fatzooma
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

So you know all the facts?

enlighten me

Mistaking legality with rules... the stadium sale wasn’t illegal (like any breach of P&S  isn’t illegal...it’s free trade), it has been deemed against the rules set out by the governing body, that’s all that’s in question. Whether the accounting is legal/above board/signed off/HMRC compliant...is irrelevant, legal minds can crack on, it’s the rules set out and agreed by the clubs that are the governing factor of any punishment

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Journalist on the radio this morning said it was well known in football circles this was coming. Was just a question which season the deduction was going to be applied in.

Yea journo's claim they know everything .Be interesting to see the transcript and reasons for their decision. 100% expect DC to appeal.

Edited by Big Jack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Your evidence is where to support that assertion? Did she do a good job at Charlton?

As far as I've understood, Charlton already was a mess when she was appointed and still is. To me it looks like she was pretty much targeted for all the hate their supporters had towards the top management.

4 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Regardless of the ground being sold (which it shouldn’t) improper conduct has ensued.

Except all 3 were cleared, dropped charges.

We are deducted 12 pts for ffp reasons, no mention of improper conduct.

We were in for -12 regardless of ground sale, they ignored the sale cos it wasn't illegal.

They said we can't backdate the sale so it wasn't even considered.

The argument was who the foook are the efl to dictate perfectly legal acounting practices.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Some might say..

Dc was sat in his office with head in hands...then kat came..don't worry..i know a fix.

It went apeshyte, big bust up she foooked off. All around the time of ground sale, coincidence?

Think she was charged along with dc originally...the efl dropped charges against all for some reason...coincidence?

I doubt DC did all this off his own back, he wouldn't know where to start, he's shyte with money matters, someone advised him.

I honestly don't think that a young person, especially someone with a lawyer background, would ruin her career by making a stupid move like backdating things.

Selling was ok'd, but the problem was the date.

I don't know. We've tried to figure out her role many times during her time but it was very unclear. That is why I think she left for DC interfering with her work and micromanaging, or someone else micromanaging her. Anyway, she must be much better off at Club Brügge now.