BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Let’s hope the club get the written explanation about the points deduction next week so they can either appeal believing the points deduction should be reduced, or more likely just suck it up and get on the with the job at hand.

Last summer Chansiri made a right balls up with the delay in replacing Bruce and we need him to act quickly in this break to get a team and manager together that can win matches next season

22 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Let’s hope the club get the written explanation about the points deduction next week so they can either appeal believing the points deduction should be reduced, or more likely just suck it up and get on the with the job at hand.

Last summer Chansiri made a right balls up with the delay in replacing Bruce and we need him to act quickly in this break to get a team and manager together that can win matches next season

Can’t do this, it’s a sliding scale. Either the sale is allowed on the accounts it was placed = 0pts or it isn’t = 12pts

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

spend the half million quid  on Player, scouts .....instead...We have nothing to come

40 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

We have a Manager,lets get behind him and give him a chance with the same 4 transfer windows people were happy for Bruce to have....Lets see where Foresteri,Hutchinson(linked with QPR?oh yeah,by who?....) and Fletcher/Fox, finish up.be INTERESTING...

Monk did what was required.

Right, I've had a night to sleep on it and I'm on holiday so not given all of it my full attention but here goes. 

I'm glad it's next season we lose 12 points and not this. My main concern through all this was that we'd go down. Next season in league 1 and 2 could be a shocker with clubs in trouble right left and centre, can see the whole league being written off somehow and no promotion etc. Which ironically could help us as there'd be no relegation. 

Its galling that we get the same punishment as Wigan for spending too much considering they've screwed over creditors etc with Admin but that's an issue I have with ffp and parachute payments. The fact relegated teams get a huge advantage as well as being allowed to lose more is ridiculous. The whole playing field isn't level. The 39 million we can lose over 3 years hasn't increased to reflect an increase in contracts and transfer fees that has been driven by parachute payments. Its an absolute disgrace that teams aren't playing to the same rules in the same league. 

We'll have our season tickets next season, already bought em. We'll celebrate getting to zero. We'll celebrate getting our first positive points. We'll celebrate overtaking the first team, the second team, the 3rd team and every other team we go above. Then we'll celebrate whatever we achieve the same way we celebrate every win. It's what we do innit? If others don't fancy it then don't come, stay home and watch Jeff Stelling, it's your call. I don't want to do that, I like going to the match. I've seen us lower than this, I've gone when the chairman and his mates were sueing fans even though I didn't want to, those fans told us not to boycott. I'll be there at the first possible game and whatever team is out there wearing our blue and white stripes will get my full support as per usual. 12 points. 4 wins. Nowt that. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

In many ways @latemodelchild, you are quite right. And despite my anger at the chairman, ultimately we have to be ready for the scrap. It's a bit crap thinking that avoiding relegation is our aim for the season, but there it is.

However, in another thread I looked at the outcome of every season since our relegation from the Premier League if we'd been deducted this number of points. Instead of 2 relegations, we would have had 11 and all 3 of our qualifications for the play offs would have been negated. We should not underestimate the mountain we are looking up at, especially with the motley bunch of players we have right now.

• Like 4

We have had to put up with this hanging over our heads all season.  And now we have to start next season on -12 points and with Monk in charge might as well be -50.  Add to that no decent players are going to want to come to a club that already basically has not chance of doing anything.

So next season in a bust, we will lose money because who is going to get excited and buy a season ticket for next season now.  I really think if Monk had managed to get us at least 12 points from relegation which should have been possible it would have applied this season and we could have moved on.

23 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Or even a handful of saleable assets.

If the worst does come next season we’ve got nothing in the first team to fund a rebuild in League One. We’d just be back relying on DC to write cheques we can’t afford to cash.

It’s all about the recruitment now if we get this right then I am confident we can stay up and then go for it the season after 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

It’s all about the recruitment now if we get this right then I am confident we can stay up and then go for it the season after 

Which sounds like blind hope to me. On what basis do you think we stand a chance of getting the recruitment right? 

Edited by rickygoo

51 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Which sounds like blind hope to me. On what basis do you think we stand a chance of getting the recruitment right? 

I would say on the basis that people are capable of learning from past mistakes. If you think they can't then it doesn't matter, points deduction or not, we'll always fail.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If we'd not broke the rules in the first place we wouldn't even have to worry about anything like that

Good point but that doesn’t take away the fact that Monk is garbage. 4 wins in 23 games. If we do that next season we will be break records for the lowest number of points in a Championship season. With the situation we are in we need a general. I don’t like his type of football but a Gary Megson type who can galvanize a squad is what is needed now. Actually a broomstick would be better than a Monk!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

And who in their right mind is going to join us knowing we are on minus 12? Living in cloud cuckoo land matey!!

On Sheffield Forum, "CMonkes" writes:

"Despite being perfectly in line with all of Sheffield forum rules, for whatever reason the moderators felt the need to delete my post. This is supposedly an opinion forum, therefore whilst in line with forum rules, allow me to have an opinions!..... others do not have to agree with it, that is there choice.

I reiterate once more. I feel that Charlton AFC have solid grounds to launch a legal case against the EFL. Whilst they haven't quite been good enough on the pitch this season, Charlton have adhered to all of the rules set out to them.  

An investigation has taken place this seasons and Sheffield Wednesday Football Club have been found guilty of deliberately breaching FFP rules.  The offence dates back two years, however the investigation took place this season and after thoroughly considering all of the evidence presented, they have now been hit with a 12 deduction!! Why the hell should this be deferred unt next season??....there is no justifiable reason. 

Other teams in the patch have deliberately employed rules and loophole and they have been punished the same season for it....so why aren't Sheffield Wednesday? Why should they be different?

Good luck charlton. " (SIC)

With VAR and no crowds, recorded cheers for goals and missed shots, the cup final being won by ARSENAL, the league being won by LIVERPOOL, and some BARNSLEY fanatics doing their barrack-room lawyer impressions, I'm thinking of taking-up a more exciting hobby next season, possibly philately

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

And who in their right mind is going to join us knowing we are on minus 12? Living in cloud cuckoo land matey!!

we can easily attract top quality lower league players who, given the current financial climate will be more willing to come at the right price than in previous seasons.  Whether we will attract those good players is a different question altogether.  Make no mistake there is an opportunity here, the pressure is on to take it and ensure our transfer success rate is a lot higher than in the last few years.

• Like 1