BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

56 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Time will tell but can't see how can be cleared of one and not the other when the basis of bringing the charge was on the bad faith element

That's my view also, it doesn't add up.

Based on the statement alone, we shouldn't get a points deduction and EFL has to admit they made a mistake in allowing it.

We'll see what the reasons are though - my guess is that the email exchange was misinterpreted as having approved what we went ahead and did, and it's been decided that we genuinely acted in good faith upon it. That's the only way I can see being cleared of bad faith but still getting the points deduction.

Edited by jomaco

24 minutes ago, clifford said:

Barnsley would have been relegated on 49 points but for Wigan going into administration. We will likely have get to 50 points. This after starting on minus 12 points and with lots of new faces who will need to bed in. It’s going to be a long hard season and I think we will be in or around the bottom 3 for most of it I’m afraid.

It's going to be hard, but I also think the league will be weaker at the bottom.

Plenty of clubs feeling the financial effect of lockdown, no known return for crowds means potentially less opportunity for bottom teams and those newly promoted to strengthen their squads.

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

In Carlos’ first season we had a virtually new first team - we had no players so we had to sign some on loannnnnnnnnnn.....

We got to Wembley.

Think positive against the minus 12.  💙💙

And we did it buy buying championship quality players, not league one players or youngsters from premier league!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

It's going to be hard, but I also think the league will be weaker at the bottom.

Plenty of clubs feeling the financial effect of lockdown, no known return for crowds means potentially less opportunity for bottom teams and those newly promoted to strengthen their squads.

Cov Rovrum and Wycombe coming up doesn’t strengthen the division at all, arguably 2 bigger teams have gone down. I also question how much Watford and Bournemouth will go for promotion, I’ve got a feeling one or both of them could easily do a Hull and fade away. 

2 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

True but on face of it makes no sense.

A) EFL approve sale and timing initially

B) charge us on basis of concealing evedence (hence bad faith charge) 

C) we were cleared of the bad faith charges which implies that EFL approved sale initially based on all the facts / evedence

So surely should have either been guilty of both charges, or if not guilty of bad faith charge EFL are the ones who have backtracked on this.

Ruling may have been in commission opinion EFL were wrong to approve initially but surely thats not swfc'fault 

This is point I was trying to get at. It is very strange. In a legal manner you would first look at if their are grounds to review original decison and the ones suggested do not exist. They may assume EFL got original decison wrong but if you authorise someone to do something you are in difficulty then to say that breaks our rules.

Which ever way you look at it EFL do not look good. 

1 hour ago, jomaco said:

We'll see what the reasons are though - my guess is that the email exchange was misinterpreted as having approved what we went ahead and did, and it's been decided that we genuinely acted in good faith upon it. That's the only way I can see being cleared of bad faith but still getting the points deduction.

Or we didn't supply the full information - not provably out of malice possibly out of ignorance - therefore the approval was faulty. 

Or the independent inquiry have assessed it wrong but there is no way we can state that with any level of certainty without seeing the details of the decision.

What we know at the moment is we are only in this position because we have sponked so much money up the wall that the owner had to sell something he already owned to himself to try and get round the rules when a loophole opened up. Even if it's above board it's a sign of failing to achieve a goal despite overspending significantly.  

• Like 2

Also - although we take a 12 point penalty, if - as it seems, the sale of the ground will be moved into the 18/19 accounts, that means over the 3 year rolling period we ‘benefit’ from the sale (ie 18/19 season will show a profit) until the end of next season, giving DC the scope to improve our squad a bit. 

Edited by Essix Blue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Cov Rovrum and Wycombe coming up doesn’t strengthen the division at all, arguably 2 bigger teams have gone down. I also question how much Watford and Bournemouth will go for promotion, I’ve got a feeling one or both of them could easily do a Hull and fade away. 

Also means there’s no team beating everyone else so more points picked up by lesser clubs

7 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Or we didn't supply the full information - not provably out of malice possibly out of ignorance - therefore the approval was faulty. 

Or the independent inquiry have assessed it wrong but there is no way we can state that with any level of certainty without seeing the details of the decision.

What we know at the moment is we are only in this position because we have sponked so much money up the wall that the owner had to sell something he already owned to himself to try and get round the rules when a loophole opened up. Even if it's above board it's a sign of failing to achieve a goal despite overspending significantly.  

I know you'll be disappointed but...we have 14 days to appeal the verdict...try not to hold your breath

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

I know you'll be disappointed but...we have 14 days to appeal the verdict...try not to hold your breath

Here we go. Why would I be disappointed? I’d rather not have paid £900 for my dad and me to watch a relegation battle. I hope we get out of it. 

The big offence in my eyes is needing to sell the ground in the first place. How

many millions to get us to where we are? Glad you’re happy with his intentions. I like people to be happy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Here we go. Why would I be disappointed? I’d rather not have paid £900 for my dad and me to watch a relegation battle. I hope we get out of it. 

The big offence in my eyes is needing to sell the ground in the first place. How

many millions to get us to where we are? Glad you’re happy with his intentions. I like people to be happy. 

We wouldn't have to sell the ground if the EFL made the FFP limit for each season the same as the failure payment for the relegated clubs eg : £45M for next season. That way each club could decide what they would be prepared to spend according to their ambitions 

Edited by daveyboy66

Guest Ferkorf
12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

You said 80% of his passes. Now it’s sometimes. Are you Matt Hancock?

Hes a superb player and the best we have by light-years. (Bannan, not Hancock)

The 'sometimes' wasn't in relation to the passing, it was about how deep he keeps coming.

Also never said he was a poor player.

See the original post 

Have a nice evening...

Regards

Matt x

18 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I agree, have to see the details to make sense of it. If it's a fair reason, then will have to just take it on the chin, if not then appeal.

As you say the mistake was we've spent too much and not sold any players etc. If we avoid the 12 pts it's still a bad sign - hopefully lessons learnt though - it seems we have it's just hard to turn things around.

13 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

We wouldn't have to sell the ground if the EFL made the FFP limit for each season the same as the failure payment for the relegated clubs eg : £45M for next season. That way each club could decide what they would be prepared to spend according to their ambitions 

If the EFL had increased the FFP limit, Chansiri would have gone over it again.

• Haha 1

On 02/08/2020 at 02:42, Kagoshimaowl said:

Good point but that doesn’t take away the fact that Monk is garbage. 4 wins in 23 games. If we do that next season we will be break records for the lowest number of points in a Championship season. With the situation we are in we need a general. I don’t like his type of football but a Gary Megson type who can galvanize a squad is what is needed now. Actually a broomstick would be better than a Monk!

That's a sweeping statement 

• Haha 1