BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Or is the fact that with Wigan it is pretty cut and dry? You go into admin, you get a points deduction. No need for an independent panel to go over that.

With us, it was much more complicated case, requiring independent panels, lawyers and so forth.

Yes in Wigan’s case the rules are crystal clear. Admin, automatic deduction. No need for a panel.

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well not really

If you don't break the rules you WILL be perfectly fine

lol

Yeah thats so true,

The EFL rules make sure everyone is fine.

Thats why no-one with parachute payments breaks them.

And the majority of the rest have to try to bend them to compete.

• Like 1

I have not been feeling well the last few days no Covid before anyone says but only just seen this.

Bad news for the club need probably 60 points to stay up something we only did in the play off years.

DC and the club need to get ahead of this get some positivity back announce a few good signings Monday/Tuesday give something back to the loyal fans and go for it.

We need more communication from the club and not just when they want our money.

The only worry is the 2019 accounts did not get filed yesterday so we could go into next season with more charges hanging over our heads, unless the ground sale is now moved on 1 year. I have never heard this in finance but anything is possible with the EFL.

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yeah thats so true,

The EFL rules make sure everyone is fine.

Thats why no-one with parachute payments breaks them.

And the majority of the rest have to try to bend them to compete.

Absolutely this 

And people talk about financial fair play 

Aston Villa made a mockery of FFP rules and fairly sure Wolves did too

4 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Championship or League 1. I'm beginning to not give a throw about what division we're in next season. 

You want to be in the Championship, minus 12 or not.

The shenanigans of D taxis, personally sponsored shirts and ultimately the sale of the stadium etc were all warning signs we were in trouble. Buying Rhodes was the last expensive throw of the dice to try and get in the Premier  that season which - although we bored the pants off the fans -  we came agonisingly close to - we had the strongest squad in the play offs and but for a couple of brilliant saves by the Udds goalie in extra time, I think we would have got through and beaten Reading. That, we all know, was the plan and we would have got Sky’s millions to settle all our affairs like Leicester, Bournemouth, Wolves, Villa etc have done. 

Question is - what would be best now? Given Monks continuing rubbish man management Id argue we would be better to start with a clean slate in L1 and give a new manager and new squad a chance to build the club on a proper foundation again. What we’ve got at the moment is a fan base with nostalgia for a play off team that should have been broken up, not shored up over the last two years by an injury prone striker and the ever present Bannan. The signs have been there for a while, a declining captain centre back a never present mercurial talent and an amiable but useless record signing. 

Start again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rawowl said:

I know you personally wasn’t saying sign high profile players. And I agree with your post by the way.  Just think many will see this a blow for signings when it could actually work for us.

Exactly. I think this decision will force our hand the right way, if DC is willing to accept that. We have not made it work with well-known has beens so we must try it the other way around. I've repeatedly said that we are no longer a big club. It's been quite a while since our glory days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I have not been feeling well the last few days no Covid before anyone says but only just seen this.

Bad news for the club need probably 60 points to stay up something we only did in the play off years.

DC and the club need to get ahead of this get some positivity back announce a few good signings Monday/Tuesday give something back to the loyal fans and go for it.

We need more communication from the club and not just when they want our money.

The only worry is the 2019 accounts did not get filed yesterday so we could go into next season with more charges hanging over our heads, unless the ground sale is now moved on 1 year. I have never heard this in finance but anything is possible with the EFL.

TBF we have no idea whether the accounts were filed or not, they may not appear in companies house for some time yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

Difference is they got promotion. 

Am aware of that 

but how does that make it ok ? Any idiot can see why people are going to risk FFP if they get to the promised land and be untouchable ,  it’s not like they would even sanction them on relegation back to the championship is it and what difference would it make with there failure payments anyway 

I'm pretty negative but people wanting to be relegated instead this year or saying 12 points is too much to turn around are totally overreacting. 

Yes we've been rubbish since Xmas but if we believe we can't get 4 more wins  than a Rotherham, Coventry plus one other then we might as well pack it in now as a club

Edited by modboy
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Id argue we would be better to start with a clean slate in L1 and give a new manager and new squad a chance to build the club on a proper foundation again.

Might not be a lg 1 next yr...1/2 of em will be in dire staights. Efl may cancel for a year and restructure..

1 minute ago, modboy said:

I'm pretty negative but people wanting to be relegated instead this year or saying 12 points is too much to turn around are totally overreacting. 

Yes we've been rubbish since Xmas but if we believe can't get 4 more wins  than Rotherham, Coventry plus one other then we might as well pack it in now as a club

We've just had a nighmare season where we were absolutely cr@p BUT still managed to be 8pts above relegation ! we all know that ,with a little luck etc, those extra 4 pts were easily obtainable so it's not the end of the world .... admittedly it ain't great either !!!  

• Like 1

As id posted earlier. The current/previous squad could’ve allowed us to have this taken this season all they needed to do was finish 12 points clear and they were 3rd at Xmas. There is focus on the appeal and that is why it is for next season but I think the panel saw that the aggravated offence/misconduct charge was auto relegation and we were cleared of that...so they didn’t see fit to apply it now and relegate us.

At least the 60m ground sale seems to still stand and isn’t for nothing. Add that to 10-12m incoming last season and it may set us up ok if we survive next season