BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

2 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

I quite liked the 3rd Division back in the day..Only we didn’t get there before through a bent chairman Sanctioning the sale of the ground and generally being bent with his accounting. If only he could be as shrewd in how He appoints managers, advisors and transfer policy? WOW indeed

Holy crap,you actually took the time to post that.....................wow.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fatzooma said:

I quite liked the 3rd Division back in the day..Only we didn’t get there before through a bent chairman Sanctioning the sale of the ground and generally being bent with his accounting. If only he could be as shrewd in how He appoints managers, advisors and transfer policy? WOW indeed

Think you need to be careful when you are making allegations that DC is "bent". Evidence would suggest that is far above his competence level.

Focus should be on the system itself. It has caused teams to try things like this its not fit for purpose. You fiddle or die that's the problem. It cannot go on like this. Chansiri baught some crap in amongst yes but the whole thing means if you haven't been in premiership and increased your turn over your fooked.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Then why have the efl, the courts, hmrc not thrown the book at us

You'd have to see the memos of the corresponding parties to tell that.

Maybe not illegal, but very shady. In business, shady is mostly a no-no as well.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

You'd have to see the memos of the corresponding parties to tell that.

Maybe not illegal, but very shady. In business, shady is mostly a no-no as well.

She was set on for her legal know how..

Cos thats what she does.

At the time of the ground sale.

Why would dc set her on if she was against the whole idea.

In big business, shady is the norm...how to interpret grey areas is the key.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keepitsteel89 said:

getting concerned fans are going to push him over the edge tbh, if he did indeed threaten administration if we were to be docked points for this season last then its not beyond the realms of possibilities he will stop funding the club people need to see he didn't get in this position on purpose

Oh, our poor chairman. We are suffering him, not the other way around. 

Look at where the club was when he first arrived, and look at where it is now. After a brief period of giddiness where we threatened promotion a couple of times, we have been accelerating downwards like a lorry with a faulty handbrake rolling down a hill. And it probably hasn't got to the bottom yet.

Chansiri's good intentions aren't seriously in doubt it seems to me, but his competence, foresight, temperament and moderation of risk very much are. Plenty of people have contributed to where we are now but his is the ultimate responsibility and right now we have EVERY right to view him with some contempt. He has brought the name of our club into disrepute and can't even point to any kind of notable success to make a start on mitigation of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bramhall Owl said:

It's interesting that you can go into administration and screw over local businesses suppliers, staff and/or the government by not paying them and end up with a 12 point deduction. If you have an owner who pumps in money to grow a club by employing more staff, and so pay the government even more money and grow the local economy you also end up with a 12 point deduction. 

Rule breaking is rule breaking,consequences of such are not the issue.I dont personally think the \EFL 'rules' are actually allegedly fit for purpose myself.Why shouldnt a super rich owner,buy his way to a clubs success?

Virtually all sucessful Premier League Clubs splash the cash,to stay in the Premier...just how it is(or was pre COVID)...NOW ,might need the super rich even more,if TV & gate reciepts declinee.(or even 'decline'!!) Presumably thats why the EFL have suspended FFP for the coming season? who knows..

Course the 'old school' way of having a scouting systym,finding,& coaching Academy players to be the next generation of key player's(YES United been so much better at this) & building  a team capable of sustaining a push for Promotion & beyond is still (arguably) the best way forward,long term..

This 'off the shelf' rent a team methodology simply hasnt worked has it? ..at least NOT for Wednesday...

Edited by parajack

52 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

L**ds started on -15 and got in to the playoffs, Bournemouth started on -17 and stayed up.

You are talking about leeds who did that in lg1 right? . We struggle to get 4 wins let alone back to back wins 

6 hours ago, parajack said:

Thats what i like about Owlstalk,never miss a chance to allegedly Neg....many play off teams have a bad run,of losing match's on the way,thats how we made the Play offs first time around under Carlos wasnt it? Our 'winning run' coincided with others dropping points...it is possible..    Over a season...

Course realistically Championship survival is our 'Cup Final' financially i know that,but at the other end of the scale if Monk,and the team,overachieve,a late run for the play offs is achievable.

Cheers for erm - speaking my mind for me. 

So you want that bet or not??

Or are you clucking? 

17 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Cheers for erm - speaking my mind for me. 

So you want that bet or not??

Or are you clucking? 

Ahhh  have i hurt your feelings?..Bad Para....NAUGHTY PARA.......

Edited by parajack
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

No offence pal, but you're a bit strange. 

Yeah,its been said before,all ex Para's are allegedly not quite right...There coming to take me away,haha,he he.....

Edited by parajack
  • Haha 1