Adam Reach Owls Stats

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He creates a lot and he’s got goals in him. Incredible engine, disciplined and works his socks off. 

But let’s forgot all that because he doesn’t get stuck in 🙄

Ok that is frustrating but it also applies to many other players throughout modern football. You’ll struggle to find a team that has 11 players who are tough and willing to get stuck in. Our problem is, we’ve hardly got any. We’re soft as poo everywhere. 

I don’t buy this about Reach having poor positional sense either. I’ve always felt he’s extremely disciplined and well aware of his duties. He’s made mistakes as every player has, but he’s generally always switched on. 

For me he’s just made to be a left wing back. I’d like to see him given a proper run of games there.

Look at the sending off the other night, another few years and all tackling will result in a free kick anyway.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Seeing lots of posts wanting him gone. Let’s see the realities of what he does and doesn’t do for us. 

Since signing there’s been 181 Championship matches.

Played 166

Goals 16

Assists 28

Best season 18/19

8 Goals 

7 assists 

Worst season 19/20

1 goal

6 assists 

17/18 he held us together almost single-handedly thru a season dogged with injuries. He was the only first-pick player available for months on end. 

According to Transfermarkt he’s played 18 times for us at LB, and roughly even amounts of games as winger or midfielder.

In my opinion he suffers from Alan Harper syndrome - good in any position but not jaw-dropping in one specific position.

Be very careful what you wish for. We tried McGeady, McManaman and Buckley but all flattered to deceive. Reach works hard, stays very healthy and has had been up there with the best for two of the past three seasons. For whatever reason he let himself down this season. 

He is contracted, plays every game, and has the best delivery bar none at the club. He has a Mercedes engine rather than a Mustang, and gives his all. A Boro pal said he is a confidence player. Well, we saw one year ago what he is capable of when confident. Maybe in 19/20 that confidence was shaken by something or somebody?

I’d love to see Reach and Harris in tandem game after game. Both keep fit, both try hard. I’d like to see them freshened up by regular wing-swapping, even during games. They offer VERY different threats. Surely that helps to make it harder for opposing managers and full-backs?

Whether we play 442 or 352 he is my first-pick wide man. In our current squad he’s a no-brainer. Even if we buy or loan will we really get better than Adam Reach? Hard to imagine in our current state.

He also averages more assists/minutes than Golden Balls Bannan despite not taking all set pieces. 

• Like 3

I think he will be given a chance next season, I can't see a decent bid coming in for him this summer anyway. We know he'll likely be fit and available if Monk decides to use him. To be fair none of the team this season have shown anything that makes me think they have a nailed on place in the squad next season (possibly Bannan and Iorfa). This is a hopefully reset point for all of the players and with a good pre-season attitudes, confidence and morale could completely change come September and we may see improved performances from a lot of them. I certainly wouldn't write him off yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

At one point I thought he was a real threat for us, but he was really poor last season.

He doesn't seem interested. He points to open space whilst pretending - (opinion not fact), to be tracking back.

I agree he is better as a wide player, but I don't feel he's given his all. 

That's what your stats won't show. His efforts. 

Position, covering, energy, (relative to his ability). Stats don't show these things and that's what the fans see.

We lack leadership in the team. Reach could bring in a fee and I think it's worth selling him for someone with more leadership skills.

BTW they are not MY stats.

They are THE stats.

Its every game, of every season, of every position, since he joined us.

I have omitted FA Cup and EFL Cup which I think is correct.

If he’s still here next season, I’d wager he’ll be player of season and back to last years double figures of goals/assists. The right age, good attitude, great athlete. Far bigger concerns in the squad than a wide player that doesn’t like to ‘get stuck in’. 

• Like 1

Genuine question. Is there a recent example of a player who did really well for us for a couple of seasons, played crxp for a season, and then came back and did really well again?

There plenty who stayed crxp.

I like(d) Reach but is he really likely to get back to being good here?

31 minutes ago, Nero said:

Genuine question. Is there a recent example of a player who did really well for us for a couple of seasons, played crxp for a season, and then came back and did really well again?

At least he’s shown he can play well. Most of our players join us and just play cr@p, because they are just that.

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

At least he’s shown he can play well. Most of our players join us and just play cr@p, because they are just that.

So we should we keep him because he was decent a few seasons ago?

8 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Looks like new system for next season could well be 3-5-2.

He can’t tackle, his positional sense is poor and he doesn’t have the pace required. That rules out left wing back for me.

He looks so out of place in centre mid it’s frightening. If we were playing 4-4-2 I wouldn’t mind him either wing, but it doesn’t seem we are.

I think he’s a decent solid player, although looks shot this season. However I don’t want to be shoehorning players into a system. Go get players that fit how we want to play.

He’s still a decent age at 27, but he’s been incredibly underwhelming for a very long time, that’s being polite.

I wouldn't be forcing him out the club, but he’s also not shown enough to deserve a starting berth either.

I beg to differ on pace .. he’s no sprinter but as quick as most midfielders In the championship 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

This season, playing carp as you put it he managed 6 assists vs Bannans 8 and in 2/3 the amount of game time. One people are saying build a team around, the other we are writing off?

Owlstalk is mad sometimes. 

• Like 2

I have to say I was shocked when we paid that fee for him, especially as Preston, where he’d supposedly done well, were only offering £1.2 for him. He’s not a wing back, is ineffective in midfield and doesn’t get to the byline enough for a winger. His best role is coming off the bench late on when we’re ahead, and our opponents are getting stretched That’s when he finds the space, he rarely finds as a starter. He can cross a ball, but doesn’t get to the byline often enough to bring that into play, and he’s got a decent shot on him when he cuts inside He’s the epitome of a luxury player, I think

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

This season, playing carp as you put it he managed 6 assists vs Bannans 8 and in 2/3 the amount of game time. One people are saying build a team around, the other we are writing off?

Owlstalk is mad sometimes. 

Stats eh. Ive watched virtually every game. And as someone who has always appreciated Reach, i reckon the evidence of my own eyes, Adams own body language and his own clear lack of confidence are better indicators. Basically he's been consistently awful this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I have to say I was shocked when we paid that fee for him, especially as Preston, where he’d supposedly done well, were only offering £1.2 for him. He’s not a wing back, is ineffective in midfield and doesn’t get to the byline enough for a winger. His best role is coming off the bench late on when we’re ahead, and our opponents are getting stretched That’s when he finds the space, he rarely finds as a starter. He can cross a ball, but doesn’t get to the byline often enough to bring that into play, and he’s got a decent shot on him when he cuts inside He’s the epitome of a luxury player, I think

I think that's really unfair on Reach's contribution since he got here, particularly when he held the team together under Jos.

Its last season I've got a problem with. And I'm not convinced he will get his mojo back here.

The problem we have with reach and also bannan is we cant defend as a team if they both play both cant put a decent challenge in midfield, teams seem to walk through the middle so in my opinion you pick one or the other to balance the team. I think that monk see's it that way as well we cant defend like we only have 9 men but attacking they both create what do you do?

• Like 1