Adam Reach Owls Stats

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

Stats eh. Ive watched virtually every game. And as someone who has always appreciated Reach, i reckon the evidence of my own eyes, Adams own body language and his own clear lack of confidence are better indicators. Basically he's been consistently awful this year. 

Imagine how many assists he’ll get when he stops playing awful and starts playing well again 🙂 

26 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think that's really unfair on Reach's contribution since he got here, particularly when he held the team together under Jos.

Its last season I've got a problem with. And I'm not convinced he will get his mojo back here.

Each to their own mate, but from what I’ve observed, I think they were valid points re Reach’s ability

Nope not buying it. You talk about him single handledly saving us in 17/18 - what relevance does that have now? That team was also probably worse then the current set up. The past is exactly that, the past.

Good players aren’t out of form for long, Reach has been out of form for 2 years. How long can a player be out of form for until they’re considered not very good? 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nero said:

Stats eh. Ive watched virtually every game. And as someone who has always appreciated Reach, i reckon the evidence of my own eyes, Adams own body language and his own clear lack of confidence are better indicators. Basically he's been consistently awful this year. 

30 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Imagine how many assists he’ll get when he stops playing awful and starts playing well again 🙂 

I agree with both of these posts.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

I would fire him.  Pay him up and get rid. 

5 million quid?? A senior pro? He is going through the motions on the pitch nowadays. Neat and tidy running up and down the line. Where is his contribution, the bravery on the ball and the stones to carry a team as a senior pro in a young team?  

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Seeing lots of posts wanting him gone. Let’s see the realities of what he does and doesn’t do for us. 

Since signing there’s been 181 Championship matches.

Played 166

Goals 16

Assists 28

Best season 18/19

8 Goals 

7 assists 

Worst season 19/20

1 goal

6 assists 

17/18 he held us together almost single-handedly thru a season dogged with injuries. He was the only first-pick player available for months on end. 

According to Transfermarkt he’s played 18 times for us at LB, and roughly even amounts of games as winger or midfielder.

In my opinion he suffers from Alan Harper syndrome - good in any position but not jaw-dropping in one specific position.

Be very careful what you wish for. We tried McGeady, McManaman and Buckley but all flattered to deceive. Reach works hard, stays very healthy and has had been up there with the best for two of the past three seasons. For whatever reason he let himself down this season. 

He is contracted, plays every game, and has the best delivery bar none at the club. He has a Mercedes engine rather than a Mustang, and gives his all. A Boro pal said he is a confidence player. Well, we saw one year ago what he is capable of when confident. Maybe in 19/20 that confidence was shaken by something or somebody?

I’d love to see Reach and Harris in tandem game after game. Both keep fit, both try hard. I’d like to see them freshened up by regular wing-swapping, even during games. They offer VERY different threats. Surely that helps to make it harder for opposing managers and full-backs?

Whether we play 442 or 352 he is my first-pick wide man. In our current squad he’s a no-brainer. Even if we buy or loan will we really get better than Adam Reach? Hard to imagine in our current state.

I agree mostly and we really shouldn’t be trying to get rid, firstly because we can’t really expect any big offer. But when you say ‘up there with the best’ have you actually been watching us the last 2 seasons?

I have been a big supporter of Reach when others have knocked him.

It doesn’t matter to me if he can’t tackle or get stuck in.

As long as he keeps doing the things he does well . Working hard, wanting the ball , delivering quality crosses and scoring the odd goal.

This season though , and some of last, he has stopped doing these .

I don’t know whether his confidence has gone through being played all over the place or whether he has enough here he just doesn’t take enough responsibility for me now. Passes the buck.

Monk is not the type of manager who will accept somebody basically passing on responsibility for his man and costing us a goal like at Swansea.

Rightly or wrongly he will probably pick Harris over Reach because he knows Harris won’t shirk anything and will give 100% in those key moments despite Reach being a lot better footballer.

Hopefully Reach can get his mojo back next season.

• Like 1

Reach is a jack of all trades and a master of none. This season for me looks to be the worst one he's had here since his debut one. If we stick with 3-5-2 I honestly don't know where he fits in? He never looks comfortable in a midfield 3 and as a wing-back, he is very much a mixed bag? I think I'm right in saying that Reach started just one or two games since lockdown? Personally I think his days here are numbered and perhaps along with one or two more players here, needs a move in order to get his career back on track?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

This season, playing carp as you put it he managed 6 assists vs Bannans 8 and in 2/3 the amount of game time. One people are saying build a team around, the other we are writing off?

Owlstalk is mad sometimes. 

To be fair Bannan often starts moves or plays the pass that opens up the play and someone else then plays the ball for an assist. Sometimes it is not as simple as looking at statistical facts in isolation and you actually need to watch the games and judge the performances as a whole. Too many games when playing in an advanced midfield role the contest has simply passed Reach by. Bannan has been far better over the course of the past 18 months.

Reach has shown what he has been capable of in previous seasons but has been way off the pace lately, alarmingly so in a couple of his appearances after the restart.

For a club that has failed to sell players when needing to refresh and support the finances, we should seriously consider any decent offer we get for Reach. If we don't get a decent offer then I hope he can find some form and nail down a position that suits him best. 

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

I agree mostly and we really shouldn’t be trying to get rid, firstly because we can’t really expect any big offer. But when you say ‘up there with the best’ have you actually been watching us the last 2 seasons?

If you read what I posted I’m referring to 17/18 and 18/19 when I say he was “up there with the best”.

Hard to disagree. He was superb those two seasons. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If you read what I posted I’m referring to 17/18 and 18/19 when I say he was “up there with the best”.

Hard to disagree. He was superb those two seasons. 

He certainly wasn't superb in 18/19 he was one of our worst performing players under Bruce.

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

He certainly wasn't superb in 18/19 he was one of our worst performing players under Bruce.

Interesting.

He scored 8 and set up 7 goals that season.

I recall a thread after about ten games that season where one poster slated him. As a result I rewatched the highlight reel of those matches and pointed out that Reach had been heavily involved in a huge proportion of our attacking chances created. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Interesting.

He scored 8 and set up 7 goals that season.

I recall a thread after about ten games that season where one poster slated him. As a result I rewatched the highlight reel of those matches and pointed out that Reach had been heavily involved in a huge proportion of our attacking chances created. 

He scored 9 in 2018-19 but 7 of them came in 2018 and the two he scored in the second half of the season were in the same game. To say he was superb for the season is pushing it, has has been out of form for around 18 months by and large. 

I personally thought he’d be perfect for a LWB role as he’s not a LB and also doesn’t quite have the pace to be a quality LW but thought with his engine that LWB would be his best position. 

Maybe it’s something that Monk will look at in pre season as can’t see Reach playing more in CM with the like of Bannan, Luongo, Dele-Bashiru and Hunt in there - plus maybe more to follow. I wouldn’t be put off if we had Reach and Penney as LWBs next season. Obviously if got in better then great but think there are other positions more pressing first.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He scored 9 in 2018-19 but 7 of them came in 2018 and the two he scored in the second half of the season were in the same game. To say he was superb for the season is pushing it, has has been out of form for around 18 months by and large. 

Second half of the season Bruce and his assistants played Reach every minute of every game until he missed 3 of the last 4 thru injury.

He scored 3 and made 4 in a very successful period for the team.

And just for comparison, Harris hadn’t scored or assisted a single goal in our last 26 matches until the final game of this season.

Reach is one of the least of our worries. 

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Second half of the season Bruce and his assistants played Reach every minute of every game until he missed 3 of the last 4 thru injury.

He scored 3 and made 4 in a very successful period for the team.

And just for comparison, Harris hadn’t scored or assisted a single goal in our last 26 matches until the final game of this season.

Reach is one of the least of our worries. 

Which 3 did he score?

I never said he was one of our biggest worries.