Adam Reach Owls Stats

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Agree with all that. People will still pick up on his main weakness that he isn't a brave tackler and will malign him for it. If every player was good at everything then they would all be called Kevin De Bruyne. 

He like many players needs handling correctly to get the best out of them. Man management is a managers job to do that. 

Reach has the potential at our level but needs to be coached properly. 

Adam Reach and Kevin de Bruyne in the same breath in the very first reply.

If Adam is a confidence player hope he listens to you. 

Looks like new system for next season could well be 3-5-2.

He can’t tackle, his positional sense is poor and he doesn’t have the pace required. That rules out left wing back for me.

He looks so out of place in centre mid it’s frightening. If we were playing 4-4-2 I wouldn’t mind him either wing, but it doesn’t seem we are.

I think he’s a decent solid player, although looks shot this season. However I don’t want to be shoehorning players into a system. Go get players that fit how we want to play.

He’s still a decent age at 27, but he’s been incredibly underwhelming for a very long time, that’s being polite.

I wouldn't be forcing him out the club, but he’s also not shown enough to deserve a starting berth either.

• Like 9

He's been dogshit this season, sorry Adam but its the truth. Confidence may be an issue, but as a senior player in the squad expect more and can't carry him. 

Neither him or Rhodes could get in a patched up post lockdown team, a damning indictment on his (their) contribution, when he did make an appearance, largely from the bench was so anonymous may as well not have bothered.  

• Like 6

Assuming he's still here, then next season is make-or-break for Reach's Wednesday career as far as I'm concerned.

He's undoubtedly one of our more talented players - even during a poor season by his standards, only Bannan provided more assists than him.

But something hasn't looked right with his performances this season and far too frequently he's allowed games to pass him by rather than imposing himself.

We know he's got it in him to be a massive influence, as we saw in that first half-season under Luhukay. Hopefully he can use the summer to get himself back to his best and start to kick on again.

• Like 2

Interesting....just took a look at his LB stats. 

Bear in mind he can’t tackle and has no positional sense apparently.

All full games.

P16. W9. D3. L5

5 assists.

Some VERY top opponents too: Wolves, Blades, Preston, Leeds etc..

Of course there are eleven players in each of those 16 games, but is he really a liability at LB or incapable of playing WB? 

Think too many posters don’t like his Alice-band or players that don’t thunder into tackles. 

• Like 7

Just now, Holmowl said:

Sure do.

44 assists or goals in 166 games.

Go compare. 

At one point I thought he was a real threat for us, but he was really poor last season.

He doesn't seem interested. He points to open space whilst pretending - (opinion not fact), to be tracking back.

I agree he is better as a wide player, but I don't feel he's given his all. 

That's what your stats won't show. His efforts. 

Position, covering, energy, (relative to his ability). Stats don't show these things and that's what the fans see.

We lack leadership in the team. Reach could bring in a fee and I think it's worth selling him for someone with more leadership skills.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

All full games.

P16. W9. D3. L5

5 assists.

Of course there are eleven players in each of those 16 games, but is he really a liability at LB or incapable of playing WB? 

Think too many posters don’t like his Alice-band or players that don’t thunder into tackles. 

oops 

Played 17 

For a Championship side he has a good engine, good cross and good shot.
But not sort of player you look to when we are looking to dig in and grind out a performance.

Think he has a weak temperament and wants to buck his ideas up for next season. 

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

All full games.

P16. W9. D3. L5

5 assists.

How is the fact that we won some games when he plays left back proof that he does things well.

All you have to do is watch him for the past 2 years and he’s nowhere been up to it and doesn’t display the key attributes to fit a position.

You don’t shoehorn players in for the sake of it. It has a negative effect.

Remeber reading what an excellent defender Palmer was because he was part of a record clean sheet defence. When in reality he isn’t good enough for where we want to be.

Hes struggled to make 10 years passes or even attempt to take on a man lost lockdown too. There’s a reason he wasn’t starting in a depleted squad. 

I couldn’t give a sh*t if we wears an Alice-band, pink boots with rainbow laces, shaved all his hair off, has socks down to his anckles, has a perm or advertises shampoo in his spare time.

Its his ability to play consistently good football and fit into a system that I’m concerned about. That’s been lacking for too long. There may be some deeper issues mentally for him and he may be struggling. However it remains he’s not been good enough.

• Like 3

This season has been a bit reminiscent of a ship drifting off course waiting for directions to an end destination. That has to effect players.

What I'm hoping is now the season has finished and barring any deductions Monk has got all the players in and explained exactly the plans, the tactics and the expectations for the coming season.

IF the players come back on board to all of this I hope Reach, who is one of our most influential players when he is on form and consistently played, has a big part to play and he focuses on what he needs to do to stay in the team.

Like any employment, some people just need clear expectations on what is needed from them and he fits into this category.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

How is the fact that we won some games when he plays left back proof that he does things well.

All you have to do is watch him for the past 2 years and he’s nowhere been up to it and doesn’t display the key attributes to fit a position.

You don’t shoehorn players in for the sake of it. It has a negative effect.

Remeber reading what an excellent defender Palmer was because he was part of a record clean sheet defence. When in reality he isn’t good enough for where we want to be.

Hes struggled to make 10 years passes or even attempt to take on a man lost lockdown too. There’s a reason he wasn’t starting in a depleted squad. 

I couldn’t give a sh*t if we wears an Alice-band, pink boots with rainbow laces, shaved all his hair off, has socks down to his anckles, has a perm or advertises shampoo in his spare time.

Its his ability to play consistently good football and fit into a system that I’m concerned about. That’s been lacking for too long. There may be some deeper issues mentally for him and he may be struggling. However it remains he’s not been good enough.

Not a fan of his then jonesy

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Not a fan of his then jonesy

:duntmatter:

I actually thought he was a decent player who could have really been quality. Just think he’s been awful for ages now. Not lived up to the hype. It wasn’t just the worldies he scored, he was playing better overall. 

Think he lolked better in a front 3 or on the wing. Anywhere else he’s looked poor.

Then again it’s no surprise. Moses looks decent at right wing back, but a liability elsewhere. 

Plsy players in their natural position and they will look better. Reach’s natural position will likely be used less next season.

• Like 1