Division 3 Appreciation Thread

Were we to go down, we’d probably lose Iorfa, Borner, Bannan, Luongo and Reach, so it would look a vastly different team to the one we are perhaps envisaging if we stay up. You could envisage a line up including 4 or 5 players that had come through the system 

As I’ve mentioned before, it might be worth swallowing the cost, and keeping Rhodes for the final year of his contract. He would score goals at that level, and his goals might give us the best chance of a swift return

Edited by gurujuan

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Were we to go down, we’d probably lose Iorfa, Borner, Bannan, Luongo and Reach, so it would look a vastly different team to the one we are perhaps envisaging if we stay up. You could envisage a line up including 4 or 5 players that had come through the system 

As I’ve mentioned before, it might be worth swallowing the cost, and keeping Rhodes for the final year of his contract. He would score goals at that level, and his goals might give us the best chance of a swift return

You are underestimating how tough that league is.. and no guarantee Rhodes would score.. for one he needs it on a plate in the 6 yard box to maybe score 1 in 3 chances.

It’s ******** embarassing that we’ll be in that league for the third time in 20 years. Christ, prior to 2003 we’d been in it once in a 130 years. 

There is zero novelty value and it will be an epic struggle to get out of it. Don’t believe me? Ask Sunderland and Ipswich fans. Even Hull got dicked by Accrington Stanley the other night. 

Chansiri- just fizz off 

• Like 4

While of course I would like to see us in the Prem again, I will support the club whatever division we are in. All I ask for is a competitive team and a clear plan. It would be good to see things improving.

League One will be grim at times. But hopefully we can put a structure in place that allows players to develop, be sold at a profit if needs be and funds reinvested in the squad. A steady improvement would be good enough for me, I don't expect us to go straight back up by any means.

I don't expect this to happen under Chansiri though.

I just want it over with.

The high earning flops, the chairman, the advisors.

All of it.... go away.

I'm honestly resigned to relegation and if it means we can get rid of the above and bring in a good manager such as Ryan Lowe to build us up like he has with Bury (playing well before Dale) and Plymouth, I'm all for it.

Guest everydays_wednesday
On 25/06/2020 at 10:43, Kagoshimaowl said:

League 1 sucks but that’s where we’re going 

It is the title of a new Netflix mini series,

“league one sucks but that’s where we’re going” staring Al Pacino as Tony Pulis !!!

20 hours ago, owls maniac said:

It’s ******** embarassing that we’ll be in that league for the third time in 20 years. Christ, prior to 2003 we’d been in it once in a 130 years. 

There is zero novelty value and it will be an epic struggle to get out of it. Don’t believe me? Ask Sunderland and Ipswich fans. Even Hull got dicked by Accrington Stanley the other night. 

Chansiri- just fizz off 

Mandaric aside, we've basically had a nightmare with the poor running of the club by various parties for about 25 years.

• Like 2