Division 3 Appreciation Thread

On 25/06/2020 at 10:27, Bez said:

League One is my favourite division.  Most of my best Wednesday memories come from the seasons we spend down there.

Away to Yeovil.  Playing D&R.  Kuqi flop against Swindon on opening day.  Cardiff.  MacLean.  Rochdale & Bury away ends.

If we were to be deducted points and go down, I won't be too sad because it's such a good division.

What are your best memories from League 1?

I really did enjoy yoevil away. Sunny. Glorious 3 2 win. Tremendous.

dont matter what division we are in if we win then its a good day .........ive seen us  in the  championship play off places and lose and this site melts down also seen is mid table of the 3rd  and we get a result and every ones buzzing .......do people think that the blunts fans are enjoying there season more than whoever is top of the 3rd division just because its a higher level ?..i dont think they are 

• Like 2

On 25/06/2020 at 10:27, Bez said:

League One is my favourite division.  Most of my best Wednesday memories come from the seasons we spend down there.

Away to Yeovil.  Playing D&R.  Kuqi flop against Swindon on opening day.  Cardiff.  MacLean.  Rochdale & Bury away ends.

If we were to be deducted points and go down, I won't be too sad because it's such a good division.

What are your best memories from League 1?

Hand shandies for a tenner in Blackpool

On 25/06/2020 at 10:49, steelcityowlsfan said:

For what it’s worth League One is awful and an embarrassing division to be for clubs the size of us. 

If we were top of the league and 20 points clear I wouldn’t enjoy it. I only enjoyed it last time because of the rivalry with the pigs. 

I want to  watch us play PL sides,and beat them,more to the point i want to be able to cheer on SWFC..not  (allegedly of course!) CHANSIRI FC..

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

dont matter what division we are in if we win then its a good day .........ive seen us  in the  championship play off places and lose and this site melts down also seen is mid table of the 3rd  and we get a result and every ones buzzing .......do people think that the blunts fans are enjoying there season more than whoever is top of the 3rd division just because its a higher level ?..i dont think they are 

You're ambitious

I can see an argument that League 1 has more weekender away games than the Championship, at least in terms of variety.

If you look at the Championship:

How many trips to London do you need in one season? So Brentford, QPR, Millwall and possibly Fulham next season are essentially the same option.

Ditto Birmingham, Coventry and probably West Brom next season.

Bournemouth is great. 

Possibly Bristol

Can't be arsed with Swansea

The localish traditional away days are great in the Championship but they are on day things.

Compare that with destinations in League One:

Lincoln of they don't go up is a great place to visit.

Peterborough for me personally for family reasons.

Sunderland then on to Newcastle for the evening.

Portsmouth

Still London with Charlton or Wimbledon

Oxford

Blackpool or Fleetwood

Devon with Plymouth

Shrewsbury

Good chance of Cambridge

And Bristol if you fancy it.

More interesting weekenders in that bunch. And you've still got plenty of Northern dayers.