Jos Luhukay set to leave FC St Pauli

Guest Grez Bez

Probably the worst manager I can remember in my lifetime.

Weird as his record was good before joining us and he'd managed some massive clubs.

I don't know if he is a manager who needs time to put his plan in place. You could see what he was trying not do here but it was never going to work.

Still can't help wondering if his appointment was to be the scapegoat for the cleaning of house that was needed. There's no way Luhukay came in and said to the chairman, "right, I'm sending all these senior pros to train with the under 23s" and replacing them with a bunch of toddlers, whilst Chansiri just looked up from his crossword puzzle to reply, "fair enough".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Still can't help wondering if his appointment was to be the scapegoat for the cleaning of house that was needed. There's no way Luhukay came in and said to the chairman, "right, I'm sending all these senior pros to train with the under 23s" and replacing them with a bunch of toddlers, whilst Chansiri just looked up from his crossword puzzle to reply, "fair enough".

I Think if WE could plan that well...We wouldn't be in the state we are mate.....

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk's still with us, working in the most impossible of situations, and still has time to turn it round

Impossible situation? 

What a load of rubbish 

Monk is useless and his record shows it 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

But then Chansiri appointed Bruce and decided to abandon the house cleaning only to pick it up again with the next manager?

Jos chose to take one of the kids to Germany with him to play in a team that was among the favourites to get promoted, that didn't work out well for him either.  

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But then Chansiri appointed Bruce and decided to abandon the house cleaning only to pick it up again with the next manager?

Jos chose to take one of the kids to Germany with him to play in a team that was among the favourites to get promoted, that didn't work out well for him either.  

There's plenty of potential scenarios. But do you reckon Luhukay was given absolute freedom by the (allegedly control freak) chairman to do what he wanted with the squad, given that numerous senior pros (which cost Chansiri tons of money and almost took him to the Premier League) were abandoned to be replaced with players who had barely had a kick in the first team between them? 

To be fair, we have no idea what conditions existed when Bruce was appointed. For all we know, he demanded some conditions that a lesser manager would not have got away with. But he did make some intriguing comments about how much work the squad needed before scarpering after less than 20 games. And it was on the back of a spell when we had been tumbling down the table.  

28 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

There's plenty of potential scenarios. But do you reckon Luhukay was given absolute freedom by the (allegedly control freak) chairman to do what he wanted with the squad, given that numerous senior pros (which cost Chansiri tons of money and almost took him to the Premier League) were abandoned to be replaced with players who had barely had a kick in the first team between them? 

To be fair, we have no idea what conditions existed when Bruce was appointed. For all we know, he demanded some conditions that a lesser manager would not have got away with. But he did make some intriguing comments about how much work the squad needed before scarpering after less than 20 games. And it was on the back of a spell when we had been tumbling down the table.  

We all know and still know the squad needs refreshing has done for some time. Do you think Chansiri forced Jos to banish players but then allowed caretaker manager Bullen to pick who he wanted, even before Bruce came in? 

Had a proven track record in Bundesliga 2. To this day I don’t know why he managed us in the way that he did and I agree with some of the views on here that suggest he was acting on orders of the Chairman even though he had a reputation in Germany of not allowing interference from the club bosses when it came to football matters?

Once Chansiri famously said at the infamous fans forum that the decisions with regards to Westwood and Hutchinson’s omission from the team were solely down to Lukuhay, he was finished here?

There are remarkable similarities between Lukuhay’s time here and Monk now. Though Monk hasn’t really gone big on youth like Lukuhay did. Monk’s record is arguably worse than Jos’ but at the moment he is hanging on to his job, a job I think he would have lost by now if it wasn’t for the suspension of football?

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We all know and still know the squad needs refreshing has done for some time. Do you think Chansiri forced Jos to banish players but then allowed caretaker manager Bullen to pick who he wanted, even before Bruce came in? 

Well, if there was a plan like that, then yes, because it was failing badly. It makes much more sense than your version where the chairman doesn't care who does what, despite the millions it's costing him and all the informed opinion that the manager doesn't even get that much input on who is in the squad to start with.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Well, if there was a plan like that, then yes, because it was failing badly. It makes much more sense than your version where the chairman doesn't care who does what, despite the millions it's costing him and all the informed opinion that the manager doesn't even get that much input on who is in the squad to start with.

I never said he doesn't care who does what. Who knows what goes off, but the players reaction once Jos had gone suggests they thought it was down to the manager more than the owner.

What you are saying is that he brought Jos in as a yes man to do his dirty work by getting rid of the overpaid trouble makers. He then abandoned this plan and sacked Jos within a week of publicly backing him and being critical of the fans. On top of this he allowed the caretaker manager to pick who he wanted straightaway.

9 months later with the team having faired somewhat better with Bruce being able to pick who he wants, Bruce leaves for his boyhood team, the caretaker manager then continues to pick who he wants before Chansiri appoints a manager who adopts a similar approach to Jos by sidelining the same players. Are you suggesting this is a decision made from above an Monk is another fall guy/yes man?