Jos Luhukay set to leave FC St Pauli

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

He was such a strange manager.

I understand that he likes to rule the roost with discipline (hence the inevitable falling out with our players who were living in an environment when they could waltz into training at whatever time they fancied).

I know he was looking to do what Monk is now, clean out the bad apples and overpaid players who weren't delivering

I applauded him for bringing the youngsters through

But the way he went about his games was so strange.

He stood no chance though as our fans were just screaming to put Westwood and Hutchinson back in the side. 

Inevitable he was going to fail sadly.

Fans fault then?

Presumably fans fault at St Pauli too. 

Just now, Carbone said:

Amazement at how massive we are, obviously, who isn't 

How mad is it that the manager of our club was telling everyone just how amazed he was that we decided to go for him and take him on?

lol

If ever Wednesday's manager selection process was summed up perfectly this is it...

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

I've not said anything was the fans fault mate - stop making stuff up and putting words in my mouth

Sorry, didn't mean to do that. What did you mean by this line then?

He stood no chance though as our fans were just screaming to put Westwood and Hutchinson back in the side. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How mad is it that the manager of our club was telling everyone just how amazed he was that we decided to go for him and take him on?

lol

If ever Wednesday's manager selection process was summed up perfectly this is it...

Well people would be angry with him if he said it wasn't a big deal and he had 100 other offers wouldn't they?

I'd like to think all our managers are amazed when we appoint them :biggrin:

Just now, Carbone said:

Well people would be angry with him if he said it wasn't a big deal and he had 100 other offers wouldn't they?

If he said he'd had loads of other offers I'd have been well impressed/surprised

But to say he was gobsmacked to be approached says it all about our manager recruitment process

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Carbone said:

I'd like to think all our managers are amazed when we appoint them :biggrin:

I'd prefer to think that after 5 years in the job we still think they are amazing!

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

It does seem quite bizarre.

If we'd have known this at the time I think the fanbase would have been even more concerned that we had given the job to a guy who couldn't believe he was the one we chose - wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence when your own manager is basically thinking, 'why me?'! 

Bizarre appointment, his lack of knowledge about the Champuonship his ultimate demise. Started the ball rolling bringing in youth, right idea, wrong time and poor execution in hindsight and I can never forgive him for putting a team out with no strikers. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It does seem quite bizarre.

If we'd have known this at the time I think the fanbase would have been even more concerned that we had given the job to a guy who couldn't believe he was the one we chose - wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence when your own manager is basically thinking, 'why me?'! 

Yeah - it's bonkers 

lol

I know that when a manager is sacked from Wednesday some of our fans immediately start suggesting we get in a manager who's sat in his armchair at home, or who has been doing nothing but playing golf for the last five years.

It's almost like a phone call from a chairman to them would be an annoyance but a couple of million quid to get up out of their rocking chair and go while away the months until they get fired and walk away with zillions of our pounds.

I know Chansiri isn't a fan of nicking other club's managers and paying compensation but the alternative is to wake up some snoozing bloke who's quite enjoying his time off

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - it's bonkers 

lol

I know that when a manager is sacked from Wednesday some of our fans immediately start suggesting we get in a manager who's sat in his armchair at home, or who has been doing nothing but playing golf for the last five years.

It's almost like a phone call from a chairman to them would be an annoyance but a couple of million quid to get up out of their rocking chair and go while away the months until they get fired and walk away with zillions of our pounds.

I know Chansiri isn't a fan of nicking other club's managers and paying compensation but the alternative is to wake up some snoozing bloke who's quite enjoying his time off

Chansiri's approach does seem a bit different to the norm on this, I wonder if he feels it is disrespectful to poach someone away from another club?

As you say, if this a definitive approach then you are restricting your options significantly, the majority of managers who are not working are not working for a reason. 

He was no better and no worse than 95% of managers of this club 

I don't get how people are backing monk but slate jos 

When monk has been a complete car crash 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Chansiri's approach does seem a bit different to the norm on this, I wonder if he feels it is disrespectful to poach someone away from another club?

As you say, if this a definitive approach then you are restricting your options significantly, the majority of managers who are not working are not working for a reason. 

How I sometimes wish this had applied to players as well. Disaster moves are less painful if they are free transfers 😫

50 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I don't understand this mockery of him and laughing at his demise.

He came to us with the best intentions for us to do well, and I'm sure he wanted to get us promoted as much as anyone. Obviously it didn't work out for him and he wasn't the right choice for us, but why do people wish failure upon him? I really don't get it. It's not like he's mocked the fans and gone to manage Sheff U?

Can’t see anyone wishing he fails? Just calling him rubbish 

20 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

He was no better and no worse than 95% of managers of this club 

I don't get how people are backing monk but slate jos 

When monk has been a complete car crash 

Monk's still with us, working in the most impossible of situations, and still has time to turn it round

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop