Fernando Forestieri has heard nothing from the club

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

Come on, this is an agent talking and people immediately believe his spiel and use it as a stick to beat the club with?  😄

Agree.

If I'm absolutely honest, we average a couple of good games a season from FF over the last 2 to 3 seasons, so opportunity to squeeze them in before 1st July anyway :ph34r: 

He's contributed next to nothing this season, is that worth an extra months pay c£100k?

I'd normally say yes, but based on his contribution this season to date,  struggle to make that argument.

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As it stands he's a free agent after the next two games and his contract will come to an end with his last game being the Bristol City game.

Unless the club offers him an extension asap he will only be able to play two of the upcoming games 

Are we needing over age players whose injury prone and form has long gone. Nostalgia will not drive the club forward. Time to move on.

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Players unavailable from 1st July 

Morgan Fox, Kieran Lee, Steven Fletcher, Sam Winnall, Jacob Murphy, Atdhe Nuihu, Connor Wickham, Sam Hutchinson, Preslav Borukov, David Bates, Paul Jones, Alessio Da Cruz, Fernando Forestieri, Josh Windass. I am not sure if the youngsters Hunt, Grant, Brennan, Kirkby are also out of contract.

Add to this Kieren Westwood who is not allowed to play sorry injured.

We then have Luongo, Reach coming back from long injuries and may not be ready for a full game without risk of reinjury straight away.

Realistically in the next 5 days we need to get 5 or 6 of these at least sign up to new deals/loans extended, as no player is going to want to play and risk injury with 2 weeks of their contract remaining.

Have other championship clubs resolved their contract issues?

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Players unavailable from 1st July 

Morgan Fox, Kieran Lee, Steven Fletcher, Sam Winnall, Jacob Murphy, Atdhe Nuihu, Connor Wickham, Sam Hutchinson, Preslav Borukov, David Bates, Paul Jones, Alessio Da Cruz, Fernando Forestieri, Josh Windass. I am not sure if the youngsters Hunt, Grant, Brennan, Kirkby are also out of contract.

Add to this Kieren Westwood who is not allowed to play sorry injured.

We then have Luongo, Reach coming back from long injuries and may not be ready for a full game without risk of reinjury straight away.

Realistically in the next 5 days we need to get 5 or 6 of these at least sign up to new deals/loans extended, as no player is going to want to play and risk injury with 2 weeks of their contract remaining.

I’ll be very surprised if the club don’t make any announcements by the end of this week on who is staying and who is going

29 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

"Should never have played for the club again "after refusing to travel to Norwich","Won't be sorry to see him leave""He's not done owt for two years" etc,etc,etc,agent says "he's heard nowt from the club".......................Boo Chansiri,Boo Monk,good god almighty,make ya minds up.

Have you considered that it's not necessarily the same fans saying all that?

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Until his editor starts kicking him round the office telling him to spice things up, need to sell more copy, I remember watching Drop the Dead Donkey.  

Long term The Star will get more popular and make more money if it goes down this route of proper articles

Owlstalk Shop

Heard rumours the club already know we will be in league 1 next season following a hefty points deduction, they are now saving money we're they can so higher earners won't be offered a new deal, hutch is already off, ff will follow and we are trying to shift Westwood and Rhodes, winnall is other who will be released, its why we have offered contracts to the cheaper players such as joey, penny and urhoghide 

3 minutes ago, Pressman 1 said:

Heard rumours the club already know we will be in league 1 next season following a hefty points deduction,

Right

Let's follow this absolute nonsense right  back to the source and see who made it up..

Where did you hear this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Long term The Star will get more popular and make more money if it goes down this route of proper articles

Hopefully, The Star has played a part in many fans memories, but sadly I would be amazed if its still here in five years time.  Local news is dying death and the internet will be claiming another victim. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I’ll be very surprised if the club don’t make any announcements by the end of this week on who is staying and who is going

I wouldn't, were not particularly on the ball with announcements. Expect a statement at 11.59pm, 3 days after it's been confirmed in the press  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Isn’t getting a new deal,  and doesn’t deserve one 

As for asking players to play beyond there contracts , that’s something I think the PL and EFL should have thought more about when making there decision to re-start the season ,  absolutely mental , i

personally hope clubs struggle to field full teams and it turns into an absolute circus 

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, Pressman 1 said:

Heard rumours the club already know we will be in league 1 next season following a hefty points deduction, they are now saving money we're they can so higher earners won't be offered a new deal, hutch is already off, ff will follow and we are trying to shift Westwood and Rhodes, winnall is other who will be released, its why we have offered contracts to the cheaper players such as joey, penny and urhoghide 

Bet 365 offering a decent cashout now on relegation bets

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Isn’t getting a new deal,  and doesn’t deserve one 

Don't agree with this

As for asking players to play beyond there contracts , that’s something I think the PL and EFL should have thought more about when making there decision to re-start the season ,  absolutely mental , i personally hope clubs struggle to field full teams and it turns into an absolute circus 

Do agree with this

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Don't agree with this

Do agree with this

Nowhere near the player he was, and hasn’t been for a few seasons now

The fact his agent is chirping to the press shows how much interest there is in him