Fernando Forestieri has heard nothing from the club

I have not seen anything in the media about a player anywhere accepting say a one month extension to play the rest of the games. Guess there might be some.

The logical opinion seems to be they wouldn’t.

So if we aren’t offering FF a new deal I don’t see anyway he would extend for a month. His commitment hasn’t exactly shone through during his time here.

Edited by oldishowl

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

Come on, this is an agent talking and people immediately believe his spiel and use it as a stick to beat the club with?  😄

This from his agent and Fernando's house being up for rent (previous large thread) seem to be 2 + 2 making 4 for me.

We don't improve at stuff like this do we?

I imagine he's not Monks type of player (too much flair and a bit of personalty).

I'm not saying he's the player he was but realistically how much would it cost to replace a player with his ability? And yet we look set to let him go for n'owt.

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 3

Guest Kameron

Chansiri needs to hold firm and wave this shower of sh ite tot tar.  Hopefully he's learnt a very harsh lesson to stay well clear of mercenaries, if that means a season or two in L1 so be it, it's not sustainable to continue as we are. 

1 hour ago, TheGaffer said:

It's not about being starstruck but who are we going to get in on a free for less wages who is better? We could maintain his contract and not fall foul of ffp whilst still having a player on our books who has the potential to to be the best in the division at creating something from nothing. 

But yeah everyone be happy that we renew pelupessys contract and yet a player who can affect a game goes away for nothing. Zero. Diddly squat. 

That's why we're a shambles. 

Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Forestieri we are told has an abundance of talent. Its rarely been seen over the last few seasons.

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Right

Let's follow this absolute nonsense right  back to the source and see who made it up..

Where did you hear this?

33 minutes ago, Pressman 1 said:

I've heard it a few times on various different media sources 

Just the reply you were expecting, Eh Neil??:wacko:

Half the squad haven’t been arsed to play whilst under contract so it shouldn’t come as a great surprise they don’t want to be here from the end of the month. 

Clear their lockers and send them down the road. 

• Like 5

Perhaps we are waiting until we've played the few games he's eligible for to see if we will be in the championship or league 1 before we offer one of our highest earners a new deal. 

His agent and Stuffing man are very good friends, that's why we signed a random Argentinian from the 15th tier of Italian football

complete rubbish he's heard nothing, it's a come and get me plea from his agent because he won't be offered a new deal here or a force of the hand for us to get a move on with it.

FF will know where he stands, it's just the standard agent drivel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Isn’t getting a new deal,  and doesn’t deserve one 

As for asking players to play beyond there contracts , that’s something I think the PL and EFL should have thought more about when making there decision to re-start the season ,  absolutely mental , i

personally hope clubs struggle to field full teams and it turns into an absolute circus 

From what I’ve seen, and heard, they thought about it, have realised they couldn’t come up with a solution and passed the problem back onto the clubs.

The whole English system is ran appallingly considering how much money it generates. Imagine how much they’d make if they had their heads screwed on.

• Like 1