Fernando Forestieri has heard nothing from the club

We have to get the wage bill down and we dont do that offering 20-30k a week no matter how good a player is ......unless we sell westwood ,bannan rhodes and reach in the coming months which I dont think we'll be able too then we'll have the same problem next year....... tough times ahead but we cant carry on as we have been doing .

Edited by torryowl

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Pressman 1 said:

I've heard it a few times on various different media sources 

And you were the same poster last week who heard that the points deduction was, I think you said, either 9 or 21 points, apparently you'd read something on social media 

3 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

I’ll be very surprised if the club don’t make any announcements by the end of this week on who is staying and who is going

I hope they make any announcements about the ones chosen to stay.

However announcing that we want XYZ to leave before a game will not assist the atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

There’s probably a very good reason this story’s been leaked to the press and probably a very good reason as to why we aren’t offering a new deal to FF, even if it means we are without him for the remainder of the season. However, there are some posts earlier in the thread that demonstrate a distinct lack of understanding as to what those reasons may be and use this information as another excuse to criticise. 

4 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Sounds really professional and organised by us. :Chansiri:

I'm glad we are taking a hands on approach to planning our squad for next season. 

FF might not have but you can be sure his agent would have, probably just the stir digging up stuff.

29 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Hull have announced that Eric Lichaj and Jackson Irvine won’t be playing beyond their June deals. As well as Marcus Maddison on loan.

All very odd.

sidenote that Jackson Irvine is a player we should be in for! 

I’d be very interested in Irvine and Maddison to be honest, 2 players that will be on many clubs radars at this level 

31 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Hull have announced that Eric Lichaj and Jackson Irvine won’t be playing beyond their June deals. As well as Marcus Maddison on loan.

All very odd.

sidenote that Jackson Irvine is a player we should be in for! 

Irvine will be a decent free for someone at this level. Maddison wouldn’t be the worst signing either.

Also worth noting the left back Kingsley they just released was a Monk signing at Swansea. 

31 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

There’s probably a very good reason this story’s been leaked to the press and probably a very good reason as to why we aren’t offering a new deal to FF, even if it means we are without him for the remainder of the season. However, there are some posts earlier in the thread that demonstrate a distinct lack of understanding as to what those reasons may be and use this information as another excuse to criticise. 

So basically you're moaning about fans moaning?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Pressman 1 said:

Heard rumours the club already know we will be in league 1 next season following a hefty points deduction, they are now saving money we're they can so higher earners won't be offered a new deal, hutch is already off, ff will follow and we are trying to shift Westwood and Rhodes, winnall is other who will be released, its why we have offered contracts to the cheaper players such as joey, penny and urhoghide 

Grow up and stop being a coward!

Just now, OhForAnotherShez said:

I hope they make any announcements about the ones chosen to stay.

However announcing that we want XYZ to leave before a game will not assist the atmosphere.

I would have thought that it would be a very good atmosphere for those that are still here as they have more chance of getting a game …..

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

We don't improve at stuff like this do we?

I imagine he's not Monks type of player (too much flair and a bit of personalty).

I'm not saying he's the player he was but realistically how much would it cost to replace a player with his ability? And yet we look set to let him go for n'owt.

He’s contributed 13 goals in the last 3 seasons. How much would it cost to replace that? Not a lot I would hope, certainly less than the 25-30k a week we currently spend on FF.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

He’s contributed 13 goals in the last 3 seasons. How much would it cost to replace that? Not a lot I would hope, certainly less than the 25-30k a week we currently spend on FF.

How much do you think we would get for him with 2 years on his contract to go?

That's how much it will cost to replace him.