Did Anyone Go To This Game

Mentioned this before, a while back ...

This was the night Hillsborough DJ Stevie Splash thought the best way to commemorate the occasion was to hold a

'Battle Of The Bands' competition before ko and at half time

Human League  vs  Beatles   :mellow:

I can still hear all those scousers laughing their heads off

Just now, Ethel The Tree said:

Mentioned this before, a while back ...

This was the night Hillsborough DJ Stevie Splash thought the best way to commemorate the occasion was to hold a

'Battle Of The Bands' competition before ko and at half time

Human League  vs  Beatles   :mellow:

I can still hear all those scousers laughing their heads off

lol   Silly Scousers its obvious the answer is the Human League.

31 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Always thought BDM was the biggest gate, I had been in at Hillsborough.  Do you know the actual attendance?

I was at the Swansea game as well, a few hardy souls stuck it out on the Kop, despite being told they could go into the seats.  Must have been the Arctic Supporters Club.

Yeah I remember that loads of us who started watching the Swansea match on the Kop ended up in the North Stand and couldn’t believe that some chose to stay . I’m sure the snow was blowing horizontally into our faces on the Kop that day. I wonder if old Bert ordered the gates to be opened or if it was just a spontaneous act by the stewards.

Those big attendance evening matches in the 80s were magical. This one against Liverpool and as someone else mentioned  the Burnley replay standout. Also the night we ended Man Us unbeaten start to the season when Lee Chapman scored the only goal.

1 minute ago, oldowl67 said:

Yeah I remember that loads of us who started watching the Swansea match on the Kop ended up in the North Stand and couldn’t believe that some chose to stay . I’m sure the snow was blowing horizontally into our faces on the Kop that day. I wonder if old Bert ordered the gates to be opened or if it was just a spontaneous act by the stewards.

Those big attendance evening matches in the 80s were magical. This one against Liverpool and as someone else mentioned  the Burnley replay standout. Also the night we ended Man Us unbeaten start to the season when Lee Chapman scored the only goal.

Never went to the Burnley  game    did they bring many?

Just now, oldowl67 said:

All fantastic game and occasions.  Didn't Lee score in the last minute and wasn't Big Ron their manager at the time?

I seem to remember that there was an announcement that the fans could go and sit in the seats.

3 hours ago, brian joicey said:

didn't realise these 2 games were so close together, went in north that day (coward!) the weather was bizzare as was toshacks own goal ! 

A superb diving header! 

I was at both the Swansea game and the Liverpool game. Bizarrely that own goal and the blizzard is about all I can remember of both games.

21 minutes ago, panda800 said:

I honestly can’t remember what their turnout was like but the Kop was absolutely packed so a lot of ours were on the Leppings Lane end that night. The official attendance was just short of 42,000 but I’d have put it much higher. 

27 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

All fantastic game and occasions.  Didn't Lee score in the last minute and wasn't Big Ron their manager at the time?

I seem to remember that there was an announcement that the fans could go and sit in the seats.

Not sure about the timing of the goal but I’m sure it was a header in front of the Kop. The attendance was just over 48,000.

31 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The Man U game was an afternoon one. There was an evening one earlier that year when we beat them 1-0. But the game where they were some way clear at the top of the league and unbeaten was a cold sunny November afternoon. Absolutely perfect for football.

Chapman's goal was on about 85'.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, panda800 said:

About 2/3 rds full in the top tier of Lepp. I was sat with em. Nearly got crushed trying to get on the KOP everyo0ne rocked up late, so I went on the Lepp.

They were a decent bunch in the days had a laugh with them.

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

But I see you couldn't manage it .......

Getting the avatar set up correctly ...

Couldn't get it in the hole ..tut tut ......

200.gif.d5422e6ee461a7cf77fe439bb122b508.gif

In the process of creating a masterpiece which will go down in the annals of Owlstalk and will only ever be discussed in hushed tones whilst sipping an expensive whisky.

Forget that, you're right, but I can't be arsed to fix it.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

In the process of creating a masterpiece which will go down in the annals of Owlstalk and will only ever be discussed in hushed tones whilst sipping an expensive whisky.

Forget that, you're right, but I can't be arsed to fix it.

Would you like me to help you ....

Using my extensive underpining knowledge of computer software and programming systems?

JamesFinlaysonPublicityHeadshot.jpg.3a8ee14d3977e4f7effd63420fce0787.jpg

• Haha 1