Did Anyone Go To This Game

yep, stood on lep lane triangle peering through the perspex sides of the north stand,it was that packed!

no tickets in them days, all pay on the day so long queues all round the ground.all pubs packed around the ground (only time i ever went in the one that used to be opposite the crown,dunno what it was called) . great game too, happy days back then ,led by proper leaders .... wilko and lyons !

2 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

yep, stood on lep lane triangle peering through the perspex sides of the north stand,it was that packed!

no tickets in them days, all pay on the day so long queues all round the ground.all pubs packed around the ground (only time i ever went in the one that used to be opposite the crown,dunno what it was called) . great game too, happy days back then ,led by proper leaders .... wilko and lyons !

Pub was the Victoria, used to play football for them

how you going ***

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I was one of the 13k at the Swansea game the Saturday before in a blizzard as well - in the space of 3 days I saw the sparsest Kop I'd ever seen, and the most packed one. 

didn't realise these 2 games were so close together, went in north that day (coward!) the weather was bizzare as was toshacks own goal ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brian joicey said:

didn't realise these 2 games were so close together, went in north that day (coward!) the weather was bizzare as was toshacks own goal ! 

Yeah I remember there being worries that the Liverpool game may be called off, but fortunately the weather eased. It'd have been postponed or at least abandoned these days.  I remember seeing a photo in the programme of the groundsman trying to work on the pitch after the Swansea match in the blizzard. 

• Like 1