Did Anyone Go To This Game

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Always thought BDM was the biggest gate, I had been in at Hillsborough.  Do you know the actual attendance?

I was at the Swansea game as well, a few hardy souls stuck it out on the Kop, despite being told they could go into the seats.  Must have been the Arctic Supporters Club.

Pretty sure attendence was 49,357

Edited by mildatheart67
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl

I was on the Kop,4 of us. The atmosphere was brilliant as was the replay at Anfield. Dodgy penalty when I think Rush dived and did 3 somersaults. 

Was only a kid but distinctly remember in the replay we missed an open goal in the 1st minute. For the next 89 minutes they pinged that’s Tango ball around and we never got a kick. 

7 hours ago, Pulsar said:

I didn't realise they were so close either but my feet haven't defrosted from the Swansea game yet. 

We had a fantastic team spirit back then with a fair deal of ability too.

I was absolutely covered in snow at the Swans game as we chanted "Bert McGhee, give us a roof"

Bloody worth it though as we thrashed em 6-0 or 6-1

I'd put my house on the early missed chance at Anfield being Varadi.

I was bang behind the goal and the ball for played across goal and all he had to do was side foot it in but it went between his legs.

The home game was amazing but nights and occasional crowds like that seemed normality back then. 

Really miss those days. 

It was Varadi. 

Guest ka58

It was my first ever game according to my dad / but I remember absolutely zip all about it.

would have been about 5.

12 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Always thought BDM was the biggest gate, I had been in at Hillsborough.  Do you know the actual attendance?

I was at the Swansea game as well, a few hardy souls stuck it out on the Kop, despite being told they could go into the seats.  Must have been the Arctic Supporters Club.

BDM 49,309

Liverpool Jan 84 49,357

Other high ones from same period (over 45k)

Liverpool Feb 85 48,246

Man Utd Nov 85 48,105

Coventry FA Cup 6th 87 48,005

All figures from Sheffield Wednesday Archive site.

Edited by Utah Owl