Carlos’ Appointment

A33BD4A5-E03F-4D71-BEB6-8C0A0609345F.jpeg

Carlos says here that Att Chansiri had the final say in his appointment.

I am hoping his tongue was in check slightly when giving the interview.

Carlos “After Besiktas and Istanbul BB, my contract with Al Ahli had ended, and I was in negotiations with Glasgow Rangers. I even went to London to talk to them.

"During that time, Amadeu (Paixao, a close advisor to Chansiri), contacted me, told me that Sheffield Wednesday were interviewing several coaches and asked me if I’d be interested.

“I did the interview, I was chosen and, months later, I came to know that who had the last word on my hiring was… the son of the chairman, who would’d be 10 or 11 years old (laughs).

"He had seen some things on the internet, some press releases in Turkey and some games. The purest reality. The decision of a 10-year-old kid opened the door for my life’s challenge! And at that moment, I felt that I was starting my career seriously."

Just another odd chapter in the increasingly bizarre story of Sheffield Wednesday under Dejphon Chansiri.

If there is just an ounce of truth in this story, then it just further confirms my thinking that this club will never progress until there is real change at the top of the club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

A33BD4A5-E03F-4D71-BEB6-8C0A0609345F.jpeg

Carlos says here that Att Chansiri had the final say in his appointment.

I am hoping his tongue was in check slightly when giving the interview.

Carlos “After Besiktas and Istanbul BB, my contract with Al Ahli had ended, and I was in negotiations with Glasgow Rangers. I even went to London to talk to them.

"During that time, Amadeu (Paixao, a close advisor to Chansiri), contacted me, told me that Sheffield Wednesday were interviewing several coaches and asked me if I’d be interested.

“I did the interview, I was chosen and, months later, I came to know that who had the last word on my hiring was… the son of the chairman, who would’d be 10 or 11 years old (laughs).

"He had seen some things on the internet, some press releases in Turkey and some games. The purest reality. The decision of a 10-year-old kid opened the door for my life’s challenge! And at that moment, I felt that I was starting my career seriously."

This story has been doing the rounds since Carlos arrived and no matter how many times people have been told it, they just refuse to believe it.

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

If there is just an ounce of truth in this story, then it just further confirms my thinking that this club will never progress until there is real change at the top of the club.

Ok, I'll bite

How is real change going to happen

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

They would have been in the lower leagues then and we would have offered him more money than they could 

Yes, to be honest I was just being sarcastic that he had travelled to London for an interview with a Scottish club hence he didn't get the job.....never mind. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Wonder if we got the blame for Rhodes when he should have been looking closer to home

Literally

Think of it as his YTS Training Scheme

By the time he takes over the club from his dad he'll be the most experienced football chairman in the world

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Think of it as his YTS Training Scheme

By the time he takes over the club from his dad he'll be the most experienced football chairman in the world

To be honest I'm more comfortable with him making decisions than his Dad