How does the Club improve the Fan Experience?

DSC_0693.jpg

First and foremost we all want to see a winning Wednesday team.  But I would like to see DC improve the match day experience for fans and lead the way.

I came across this article and it is so apparent that the Germans are doing things so much better.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisisanfield.com/2015/12/german-football-experience-mainz-hoffenheim/amp/

Why as a club can’t we do some of these things?

Guest timrud

Sadly whilst FFP is controling what we spend, DC will need to set pricing to maximise revenue. It is the only responsible thing to do.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The football experience is totally skewed towards ££££ pprrrrrrrrrofits

The German experience looks amazing

Cheap to get in

£3 a pint beers
Safe Standing

Free programmes

It is amazing. It is all part of the debate as to whether it is better to get more through the turnstiles and making the same profit or doing what we are doing now.  I’m concerned we are losing a generation of younger supporters and we have to improve the experience.

I want DC to be innovative in a good way as opposed to offering 10 year season tickets.

13 minutes ago, Marro said:

First and foremost we all want to see a winning Wednesday team.  But I would like to see DC improve the match day experience for fans and lead the way.

I came across this article and it is so apparent that the Germans are doing things so much better.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisisanfield.com/2015/12/german-football-experience-mainz-hoffenheim/amp/

Why as a club can’t we do some of these things?

Think you’ve answered your own question with  your contribution in another thread .........
 “If sourcing your own kit was such a great idea why don’t many other clubs follow suit”?

Something not only the club should be looking at but also the FA. 

Wasting your time on here though, like another thread the other week about matchday experience, it’ll just be full of people saying “i only turn up for the football” “baffles me why people want to eat at a football game” “not bothered about having a drink” 

So many of our fans are happy just to turn up and accept mediocre service and facilities because its all they’ve known. We clearly have an ageing fanbase stuck in their ways. 

2 minutes ago, edited said:

Wasting your time on here though, like another thread the other week about matchday experience, it’ll just be full of people saying “i only turn up for the football” “baffles me why people want to eat at a football game” “not bothered about having a drink” 

So many of our fans are happy just to turn up and accept mediocre service and facilities because its all they’ve known. We clearly have an ageing fanbase stuck in their ways. 

Or maybe they go to watch the match.

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The football experience is totally skewed towards ££££ pprrrrrrrrrofits

The German experience looks amazing

Cheap to get in

£3 a pint beers
Safe Standing

Free programmes

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

Attended football in Germany on 2 separate occasions, Wednesday at Kaiserslautern & England in the World Cup.

On both occasions we remarked on the differences in policing attitudes.
The German model treats the football fan as a normal person out to enjoy themselves on a social occasion and they actually add something to the experience.

Sadly in this country the uniformed thugs who masquerade as match day police still deem it necessary to attack school children by running full pelt at them and cracking them over the head with a Spring loaded cosh ( conveniently swept under the C-19 carpet) with, it seems impunity & a total disregard for the consequences!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Or maybe they go to watch the match.

I don’t think anyone is disagreeing that the football has to improve but we are at the match a long time.  Surely there is more the club can be doing?  For starters, walking through a room of wee wee at half time is not a good experience nor is buying a soggy pie!  The club can do more.

24 minutes ago, edited said:

but some of us really do go just to watch the football

23 minutes ago, Marro said:

I don’t think anyone is disagreeing that the football has to improve but we are at the match a long time.  Surely there is more the club can be doing?  For starters, walking through a room of wee wee at half time is not a good experience nor is buying a soggy pie!  The club can do more.

Agree with that.  There are "smaller" clubs with less wealthy chairmen/women that look after the fans better at matches or provide better facilities.

33 minutes ago, Marro said:

Walking through a clean clinical toilet will not add to your match day experience.  In a few years time when you are reminiscing telling the grandkids how we won the league the bit about the wonderful toilets and the non soggy pies will be forgotten about. 

You will remember the flooded toilets and the dodgy pies for the rest of your life.

• Haha 1

Where are these toilets that are swamped in p1ss ?........I dont understand the criticism .we park up about 400 yards  from the the ground,stroll down walk straight in get a beer for £3.70 ( a bit steep but paid 5 -6 quid at some sporting venues)...we can sit and watch the early kick off on the telliy .have bet if  I have a hunch ..can even get a carton of decent Chinese or thai food for less than a fiver.... go into the stand and have ample leg room ....no problem with the bogs at half time  ..can go a bit pear shaped once the game kicks off  though but that's football . All this for 13 quid a game is amazing value ,thats bit flip coz I get OAP rate but I thought the same when was paying the full rate of £23 ....The crap results apart its everything I'd want it to be  .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marro said:

.  I’m concerned we are losing a generation of younger supporters and we have to improve the experience.

to a certain extent this has already happened.

1 hour ago, edited said:

Well I’m one of those people really.

If I want something decent to eat or drink I wouldn’t go to the match to get it.

it’s not being stuck in your ways it’s just where your priorities lie when it comes to supporting your team.