So, Abdi....

14 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The weirdest story of many recent weird stories. I seem to remember at the end of one season he even joined in the walk round the pitch to applaud the fans and take applause from us. 

Thanking us all for the money every week

Guest Ash76
22 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well, she must have been on top because he hasn't  got it in him

Not his mate, I had a go

Guest LondonOwl313

I was surprised to see he played 20 games for us, which given he didn’t play at all last season is about once in every 4.5 games in the two seasons he was here. Thought it was much less than that. 

He just didn’t impose himself on games and never fitted in, which is odd because he was just the sort of player you’d have thought would fit in with our style at the time, good passing and movement. But he never showed it here.

Also think it’s hard to say it’s all down to attitude. Generally you don’t get to 30 and play at this level of football without being a self starter and having a good attitude. It’s not like he was some young kid who never made it, he was an established player. And wasn’t at an age where he would have been deteriorating. It’s got to be something on the mental side if you ask me.. that plus the way we tended to manage players with certain favourites heavily involved and those outside the inner circle pushed to one side

Didn't he come here to play more centrally and we put him on the left? No excuse though, should have had a better attitude and worked hard enough to

A:) Prove how good he was in that position to the manager

B:) work hard for a move to another club

10 hours ago, the monk said:

I used to work for him ,he lived at Beauchief then Dore and never had a dog !

Although on a live Saturday teatime match CC said he wasnt in the squad because he got injured in training  , the next week when I spoke to him he denied he was injured and was fit to play ....make of that what you will

No but my mate has :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Remember the pre seaon game against Benfica ? when he first signed ......................he looked liked he would be a brilliant addition and then...................nothing bar an appearance and  worldie at Forest, only for him to disappear again straight away.

Really bizarre what happened , and i hope we get his side of it one day.

17 hours ago, the monk said:

I used to work for him ,he lived at Beauchief then Dore and never had a dog !

Although on a live Saturday teatime match CC said he wasnt in the squad because he got injured in training  , the next week when I spoke to him he denied he was injured and was fit to play ....make of that what you will

Sounds like we knew him all along-grade A bullshitter and lazy chunt.