So, Abdi....

Completely bizarre the situation with Abdi, came here as a supposed world beater according to Watford fans, then spent 3 years unavailable to play. Makes you wonder if he has mental issues as nobody is physically injured for 3 years. Guess we’ll never know

He was only 29 when we signed him too. He wouldn’t have provided any resale value but we should have had a couple of years of service out of him, same with Jones

Edited by Stoop

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Stoop said:

He was only 29 when we signed him too. He wouldn’t have provided any resale value but we should have had a couple of years of service out of him, same with Jones

..and George Boyd. We became a graveyard for anyone with promotion on their CV.

He’s on a world tour.

Be interested to know what happened here and why he’s chosen not to sign for anyone else. Refuse to believe he turned into a crap footballer overnight, something didn’t seem right. 

Edited by bigdan2003

A mate saw him in Greno woods walking his dog when he was first 'injured'. He asked him why he wasn't at Fulham and he said 'apparently I'm injured'. Mate saw him again a few weeks later and said 'are you still injured'? And Abdi said 'apparently'. 

• Haha 2

Something very bizarre !

I saw him play a few times the season prior to signing for us and he was class. Tbh I thought he was good when he did play a few games for us. But there was something a miss as no one is that injured for that length of time. 

On paper and at the time I was so pleased with this signing. Pity it worked out so different.

Could he have been a "victim" like Hutch and Westwood who are now out in the cold too?

He did get injured a lot though, but at least the few times he played he was consistent and good. Massimo Luongo is light years better though, just need him to be fit again. Honestly, not bothered where Abdi is now regardless of what was going on behind the scenes.