So, Abdi....

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

Completely bizarre the situation with Abdi, came here as a supposed world beater according to Watford fans, then spent 3 years unavailable to play. Makes you wonder if he has mental issues as nobody is physically injured for 3 years. Guess we’ll never know

Complete mystery to me the Abdi thing & i'm still no nearer to understanding what happened.

Not sure if the medical team paid the price for not unearthing something at the medical stage. God only knows, but as you say, it's not as if the Watford fans were celebrating the fact he was leaving, they were gutted!!

Very strange.

33 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think Watford knew he was crocked when they sold us him. Don’t think his heart was ever really in it for us either. 

I touched on the medical side of things, but surely barring an absolute dereliction of duty, in this day & age it is almost impossible to pull the wool over a doctor's eyes in relation to a prospective player's medical.

As I mentioned though, did the fact of our 'medical team' all going have any bearing on it?

I can't remember the time line on it all to be honest.

34 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

I do know this to some degree  - he didn’t like Sheffield, wanted to move back to Switzerland and he fell out of love with football. Contemplated retiring after Wednesday. 

Could be some truth in this. 

Certainly didn't seem to have to motivation or interest to get in the squad.

Maybe Watford were 'in the know' re his mental state when they sold him, which would have been harder to 'diagnose' at a medical than his physical state.

29 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Could be some truth in this. 

Certainly didn't seem to have to motivation or interest to get in the squad.

Maybe Watford were 'in the know' re his mental state when they sold him, which would have been harder to 'diagnose' at a medical than his physical state.

Maybe we screwed him around so much that he couldn’t settle in Sheffield. Let’s be honest, Carlos didn’t cover himself in glory with Abdi. He played him on the wing and as a defensive midfielder before trying him in the role he’s better suited for. By that point it was probably too late. Carlos blamed a lack of preseason and fitness. After that his career at S6 just never got going. 

Lots of people criticise Abdi and lay into him as someone who took advantage of the club. But I’d like to hear his side of the story. 

Guest Jack the Hat

He’s doing Webinars advising people who have been furloughed how to sit at home doing nothing whilst still getting paid.

44 minutes ago, Nut said:

Who said this? Someone at the club?

Chansiri. In so many words. In his fans forum 'meltdown'. Said Abdi claimed he was fit before pre season. Came in unfit. He had a proper dig at Abdis attitude.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Stoop said:

Completely bizarre the situation with Abdi, came here as a supposed world beater according to Watford fans, then spent 3 years unavailable to play. Makes you wonder if he has mental issues as nobody is physically injured for 3 years. Guess we’ll never know

One 'Kick-a-balls' GREAT singings.

DC banned him from playing last season, so that accounts for one of the 3 seasons. He put loads of gym work on his insta in the summer of 2018, then turned up to Pre Season and told the physio he wasn’t fit enough to join in with the rest of the squad. 

I remember at the start of that year Jos said he was out for a week with conjunctivitis, ended up being over a month! So obviously something wasn’t right then either.