CHANSIRI INTERVIEW PART TWO HERE

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My people told me that it is said we stockpile players and do not let them go. That I keep them here because they are like family. Why would I do either of those things as chairman of a football club? I have never done that or said that. I have said we are a family club but never that the players are like family.

Think the misunderstanding might have started with Carlos saying this...

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/chansiri-wants-keep-sheffield-wednesday-family-intact-says-carvalhal-1767590

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

"This is why I am giving this interview to you, we have a good relationship built on trust."

- A dig at other journalists?

I don’t see it like that, trust is a big thing in (especially) South East Asian business relationships. And of course, it never hurts to blow some smoke up people’s arses now and again

"But with FFP becoming an issue, we could have been in a situation where we could not buy a replacement. Carlos did not want to sell Fernando and the transfer fee would have had to cover FFP, which it did not."

It confused on this one - are we judging an individual player's value on the club's overall FFP situation?

(i.e. if we're £10million behind on FFP as a club a player is then automatically valued at >£10million if an offer comes in)

Back in Jan 2019 the Chairman said this..

Some people think I want promotion to make a profit but the investment required to stay in the Premier League makes that impossible and it was never my intention anyway.

It would probably take four or five years in the Premier League to break even and then more before anyone could even think about profit. So as an owner, until many years down the line, I lose either way.

But I do not have a problem with that, I knew this would be the case when I bought our club.

I could have made a profit in the Championship already if I really wanted to by not buying the players or buying players and selling them for much more.

But I never wanted to do that.

I wanted the best for our fans and our club because I have commitment and responsibility as the chairman and owner. If I thought that way, it would be much easier to manage Wednesday. 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

So in a nutshell, we recruited who the Manager wanted, but some didn't make the grade.

Not happy with that, but if that's his answer, going to have to live with it.

Wanted? Or had to pick off a list?

Im confused

He’s boasting of Paxaio’s recruitment achievements but then when asked if we have made mistakes shovels responsibility onto the manager?

Im confused by it all it doesn’t make sense if you challenge it

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who recruited all the players the managers have all refused to play?

The ones we never hear about after they’ve signed?

Who recruited all those?

Spot on. It's the criminal waste of money that irks most on here

Plus the badge change

2 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

"But with FFP becoming an issue, we could have been in a situation where we could not buy a replacement. Carlos did not want to sell Fernando and the transfer fee would have had to cover FFP, which it did not."

It confused on this one - are we judging an individual player's value on the club's overall FFP situation?

(i.e. if we're £10million behind on FFP as a club a player is then automatically valued at >£10million if an offer comes in)

You are confusing what a player may cost towards FFP and what it is as a cost towards the Club in FFP.

9 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

"do not believe what you read in the media [...], especially from people who have no qualification to be writing or saying the things they do"

Another dig at journos.

I think he’s still not getting to grips with the culture here of our fanbase, social media, forums and press, that means what he does is challenged or questioned from time to time 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think he’s still not getting to grips with the culture here of our fanbase, social media, forums and press, that means what he does is challenged or questioned from time to time 

What does this mean, explain please.

We all know on a whole the recruitment and the selling of players has been poor  - can't get away from that fact

I think this highlights DC trying to get as many voices involved as possible to help - but they have just muddied the waters, one way or another.

Personally, while the buck stops with DC as he ''writes the cheques'' i have more sympathy (not total sympathy) with him on this front than all the other matters as to be fair he's pumped more money in than anyone in my lifetime knowing nothing about football and has been let down massively by others with ''more knowledge''

It's the off field matters that have broken the trust with me 

Edited by torres

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

What does this mean, explain please.

Eh?

It means what it says

That the Chairman is going to get criticism, or his actions challenged from time to time, whether it be by people who know facts or just people believing rumours or making stuff up.

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Very straightforward interview, he shoukd be supported not undermined 

So we're well run

We aren't teetering on the brink of a points deduction. 

We don't have one of the lowest amounts of money generated from player sales. 

Atmospheres are booming and the fans are happy.

The football has been great and entertaining. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, torres said:

Personally, while the buck stops with DC as he ''writes the cheques'' i have more sympathy (not total sympathy) with him on this front than all the other matters - as he knows nothing about football. and has been let down massively by others with ''more knowledge''

Agreed

He’s coughed up millions for the benefit of others 

But he still keeps his advisors on, and is seemingly ok with (or he would have changed it), the same recruitment system etc so......

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

It means what it says

That the Chairman is going to get criticism, or his actions challenged from time to time, whether it be by people who know facts or just people believing rumours or making stuff up.

:huh: