CHANSIRI INTERVIEW PART TWO HERE

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can’t believe you think that FF has been a bad signing.. even withstanding the last 3 years have been a disappointment, the first two years were easily worth £3m in terms of entertainment, results and league position 

Definitely

Nobody can surely argue with that

Owlstalk Shop

Feel sorry for Howson, he’s tried his best to put an interview together and clearly is the only one DC will speak to , put some good questions forwards and got some good answers.  

People will only believe what they want to believe

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Worrying that he doesn’t see that recruitment has been poor. He also seems very loyal to Paxo which is a concern. 

He will answer that with the same answer he gave when he first came. 

If the fans put more in, I can put more in. 

19 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can’t believe you think that FF has been a bad signing.. even withstanding the last 3 years have been a disappointment, the first two years were easily worth £3m in terms of entertainment, results and league position 

Sorry that’s a losers attitude to have. He gave us one fantastic year. A good second year. Got a new contract making him one of the top earners and since then has been injured or suspended or simply not at the same level.

In my book that’s poor business. He was a player we could have made significant profit on on more than one occasion. We failed to cash in and now he will leave us for nothing. Football is a business not a family, and from a business perspective he’s been a poor investment. 

4 hours ago, bobness said:

The manager is provided with a list of pre-approved players he had nothing to do with and probably knows very little about. After the manager makes his selection of players, DC signs them.

The manager's role in "recruitment" is selecting from a list, not creating the list. 

Where does it say that?

52 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Feel sorry for Howson, he’s tried his best to put an interview together and clearly is the only one DC will speak to , put some good questions forwards and got some good answers.  

People will only believe what they want to believe

Why you feeling sorry for Dom?

He’s got the scoop and numerous articles out of it, plus the chairman’s preference whenever he wants to put out some PR etc

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Fair comment but should only be challenged if it can be backed up by evidence not just someone's opinion.

The evidence is our ticket prices, league position, form, quality of replica shirt, EFL charges pending etc etc 

Should I go on?

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The most frightening thing about that whole article is, he thinks he is right about everything and any one who questions him is wrong or does not have the full facts.

how he can say the recruitment has not be a complete disaster only he knows.

I think now is the time for him to sell up and let someone come in who has a clue what he is doing, but I am sure his over inflation of the club's value will scupper this. Though he never over values players or asks for loan fees.WTF:

Guest LondonOwl313
58 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sorry that’s a losers attitude to have. He gave us one fantastic year. A good second year. Got a new contract making him one of the top earners and since then has been injured or suspended or simply not at the same level.

In my book that’s poor business. He was a player we could have made significant profit on on more than one occasion. We failed to cash in and now he will leave us for nothing. Football is a business not a family, and from a business perspective he’s been a poor investment. 

What a load of nonsense... it’s not a losers attitude. You just have unrealistic expectations. I think we should have cashed in but that doesn’t mean he was a poor signing. Was a fantastic piece of business signing him and Hooper for £3m each. I’m sure if you were in charge we’d have a team of value for money badge kissing grafters like Dawson and Pelupessy. I know which team I’d rather watch 

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I know they do, but my concern is the depth of the involvement with Paxo and his " close associates". 

Indeed. He has been pictured on a few occasions sat at matches with the owner and behind the scenes in team meetings/get togethers with the squad he has been sat with the management/coaching team. 

To an outsider looking in it looks like there is more to his role than simply advising the club on a few players and it is not unreasonable to ask questions in relation to this.  

3 hours ago, archieswfc said:

Isn't this normal? A manager asks for a player, the chairman says yes or no. 

Yes but if we only recruit who the manager wants to recruit how do many of them end up making very few appearances under said manager?

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You don't get much for £3M in the current era and the first two seasons were value for that money alone. Since then there has been a lot of frustration with him and in hindsight we might have been better cashing in when we had the chance. 

You also think Fletcher has not been value for money despite the fact we signed him for nothing and he has had 3 of the best scoring seasons of his career with us, plus the all round benefit that his performances bring to the team. Yes he has a big wage but he has earned that far more than many of his team mates.

We have made some signings that haven't worked out and have cost us big money but some of the examples you have cited don't support that. 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

My people told me that it is said we stockpile players and do not let them go. That I keep them here because they are like family. Why would I do either of those things as chairman of a football club? I have never done that or said that. I have said we are a family club but never that the players are like family.

In 4 seasons he has sold Hunt & Joao for a fee. Apologies if if I’ve missed any, but as a chairman of a football club....you need to balance the books...something that seems have been badly neglected. Even if it’s for a nominal fee, get their wages off the books.

I suspect this was not an interview, that the questions were vetted and he answered the ones he wanted to in his own time. 

Call me cynical.