CHANSIRI INTERVIEW PART TWO HERE

Better than the first installment, a bit of transparency and explained more about Paxo than before.

I'd disagree with the comment regarding players and family. I was in the room when he was talking about FF and others as family. Maybe lost in translation a bit, to give DC the benefit of the doubt. 

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Its extremely concerning that somewhere our internal processes have caused numerous players to arrive 'looking good' and dramatically lose form and value. Something that has gone on throughout Chansiris reign. Yes of course it happens at other clubs and it is always a risk but when you factor in the ffp mess its left us in and the subsequent years that it might take us to recover from it (its already caused 3 years of decline) then someone should be answering questions. 

The fans that sit their and think everything is fine scare me. I understand people not wanting to abuse the chairman but it appears that hardly anyone gets any access to him or the club to get any answers at all. 

Everythings fine though. 

I dont think its fine at all the team been a shambles since xmas dont know the reason .but 2nd of last abd first half of the season was promotion form .f*** knows what happend at xmas 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Name me ONE chairman that’s not had criticism

The only painful aspect to any of this is when the chairman and some of our own fans don’t understand that every single chairman at every single club (you can include junior football and amateur Sunday league too) gets challenged, questioned and scrutinised.

Doesnt mean you are attacking the club at all it just means you are looking for a clear understanding of something or that you think there might be a better outcome for your club by trying something new or different 

Surely a true supporter of a football club should want and need this to happen at their club.

Take your point but we are a basket case of a club and the fans are a big part of that. I said Dawson’s sh!t the other week but I got taken to task by the experts and clever tw@ts on here. I even got accused of trying to get fans to agree with me. Did I F**k.  Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. I’ve always respected that. I hardly neg anyone, if at all. My record on my profile confirms that. If a goalkeeper that concedes at least 2 goals a game is a good goalkeeper then I’m sold I know F all about football but it’ll be 5 seconds before some funny f***r replies to this post and confirms what I already know. And this is to them on advance 🖕

Do I think DC is running the club successfully? No but he’s running the club and no matter who kicks off, he’ll continue to run the club his way perhaps until the match day income dries up? As I’ve said before no fans group, committee, whatever you want to call it will ever work here because you have a fan base that will never sing from the same song sheet because there are two many views that are arguably bi-polar? Most will disagree with my view but I expect them to because agreeing as a fan base is something we rarely do if ever?

• Thanks 1

I think we are seeing why he won't do a radio interview 

There seems to be a lot of questions that are not really answered  - whether this is down to lack of pressing on the journalists part or whether its been a well manufactured answer 

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Take your point but we are a basket case of a club and the fans are a big part of that. I said Dawson’s sh!t the other week but I got taken to task by the experts and clever tw@ts on here. I even got accused of trying to get fans to agree with me. Did I F**k.  Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. I’ve always respected that. I hardly neg anyone, if at all. My record on my profile confirms that. If a goalkeeper that concedes at least 2 goals a game is a good goalkeeper then I’m sold I know F all about football but it’ll be 5 seconds before some funny f***r replies to this post and confirms what I already know. And this is to them on advance 🖕

Do I think DC is running the club successfully? No but he’s running the club and no matter who kicks off, he’ll continue to run the club his way perhaps until the match day income dries up? As I’ve said before no fans group, committee, whatever you want to call it will ever work here because you have a fan base that will never sing from the same song sheet because there are two many views that are arguably bi-polar? Most will disagree with my view but I expect them to because agreeing as a fan base is something we rarely do if ever?

I hear what you’re saying but also disagree that as fans we should just shut up, pay up, and take whatever is dished up

Our club could have the kitchen sink thrown at it by the EFL (one of the outcomes possible is that Chansiri is not allowed to be a chairman anymore believe it or not)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, torres said:

I think we are seeing why he won't do a radio interview 

There seems to be a lot of questions that are not really answered  - whether this is down to lack of pressing on the journalists part or whether its been a well manufactured answer 

English isn’t his first language so I’m not too upset about him not doing a life radio interview but there should definitely be a mechanism for challenging and pushing him on the answers he gives so it exhausts the questions that can be put towards him

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

English isn’t his first language so I’m not too upset about him not doing a life radio interview but there should definitely be a mechanism for challenging and pushing him on the answers he gives so it exhausts the questions that can be put towards him

I agree with that and i understand how difficult it must be for him BUT it is frustrating that the questions are just scraping the surface and we don't know whether they are being investigated further or not

Is Howson told what to put or not put? or is he just missing a big opportunity?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I hear what you’re saying but also disagree that as fans we should just shut up, pay up, and take whatever is dished up

Our club could have the kitchen sink thrown at it by the EFL (one of the outcomes possible is that Chansiri is not allowed to be a chairman anymore believe it or not)

Yes, totally agree. We could have serious problems in the future and the Chairman has to bear at least some of the responsibility for this? That said I think his heart is in the right place and the mistakes he’s made have been genuine. The ticket prices are a stick to beat him with but did he once say he had to do this because of P&S? Granted it’s not made much difference but I think what it shows is it can be really difficult to compete for what we all want and for someone who admitted that he knew nothing about football in advance of him coming here, arguably harder?

Just now, torres said:

I agree with that and i understand how difficult it must be for him BUT it is frustrating that the questions are just scraping the surface and we don't know whether they are being investigated further or not

Is Howson told what to put or not put? or is he just missing a big opportunity?

Dom is chosen as the chairman trusts him

The chairman has rejected requests from every other journalist from Chris Holt to Rob Staton (never seen any of them lie, exaggerate or make anything up)

Make of it what you will

And the mechanism for this interview should tell you enough to make your own mind up

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you accept the club have made mistakes with recruitment since Wembley?

It depends what you mean by mistakes.

You can only recruit who the manager wishes to recruit. 

Then (also Chansiri..)

“The voice of the manager is the loudest and he has the final say on which players he wishes to recruit. This is then presented to me and as chairman I will make the final decision”

Confusing to say the least

Isn't this normal? A manager asks for a player, the chairman says yes or no. 

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Yes, totally agree. We could have serious problems in the future and the Chairman has to bear at least some of the responsibility for this? That said I think his heart is in the right place and the mistakes he’s made have been genuine. The ticket prices are a stick to beat him with but did he once say he had to do this because of P&S? Granted it’s not made much difference but I think what it shows is it can be really difficult to compete for what we all want and for someone who admitted that he knew nothing about football in advance of him coming here, arguably harder?

POTG Ticket prices are quite literally indefensible

By anyone

for any reason

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Why are our ticket prices highest in the league though? (Apart from Leeds I think)

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Dom is chosen as the chairman trusts him

The chairman has rejected requests from every other journalist from Chris Holt to Rob Staton (never seen any of them lie, exaggerate or make anything up)

Make of it what you will

And the mechanism for this interview should tell you enough to make your own mind up

So its just a self PR stunt, which i don't really have a problem with  - the questions so far have been relatively easy to deflect as they have been team based 

Both DC and Howson will be judged on the final part 

who needs Netflix????

38 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

I dont think its fine at all the team been a shambles since xmas dont know the reason .but 2nd of last abd first half of the season was promotion form .f*** knows what happend at xmas 

I think that it had been coming for a while and that underlying issues in the structure and everyday running of the club are not as good as they should be. This has been evident for a while now and fan concern has been present for a few seasons. I don't everything went bad just overnight. 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

POTG Ticket prices are quite literally indefensible

By anyone

for any reason

I used to be a Season ticket holder, no longer, so normally a POTG, 

I also try to go to first match and last match, and many in between,

last Season after the first match I posted a stinging revue, didn't get much better after that I'm afraid.

This Season I have not been to any matches.

Reason.

1) Football on offer.

2) Prices.

These are put in order of preference.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/steve-bruce-amadeu-paixaos-involvement-sheffield-wednesday-84950

When asked about Paixao, Bruce, who recently brought in David Downes as head of recruitment and Dean Hughes as recruitment analyst from his former club Aston Villa, said: "Look, he (Paixao) is part of the club. He's part of the structure of the club - and if he can help us with someone…"

Chansiri only has himself to blame for any 'misunderstandings' about his main advisor's role with our club

If he is such an integral part of the Club, as many people have stated publicly (including Bruce above), then he should be accountable; they could both address this by actually having him turn up to a proper interview with him, or a fans forum.

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fair enough. I still think it’s a bit of a tangled web. 

But for every Iorfa, FF, Bannan. There is an Emanuleson, Van Aken, Bates, Abdi, Jones, Bus, Melo, Lachman, Sougou, Odubajo, Boyd, Matias, Wiggins, Pelupessy, Rhodes, Winnall. Who recommended all them? 

Yes you can’t guarantee every signing and you will make mistakes. But for a Championship club which has to comply with FFP, we’ve made far too many mistakes. You can’t defend the transfer policy. 

And I’d also question the success of FF. One very good season, followed by one where he refused to play and missed the penalty to send Huddersfield to the play off final. Followed by three seasons of injury and suspension.

Signed for a rumoured 3m. Will leave us for nothing. Whilst we are still in the Championship. Is that good business? 

Can’t believe you think that FF has been a bad signing.. even withstanding the last 3 years have been a disappointment, the first two years were easily worth £3m in terms of entertainment, results and league position 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can’t believe you think that FF has been a bad signing.. even withstanding the last 3 years have been a disappointment, the first two years were easily worth £3m in terms of entertainment, results and league position 

Yes bit of a strange comment that, basically it would mean we shouldn’t sign any good players on the off chance that after 18 months of good performances they will miss a penalty and then get injured, so don’t bother!