CHANSIRI INTERVIEW PART TWO HERE

Do you accept the club have made mistakes with recruitment since Wembley?

It depends what you mean by mistakes.

You can only recruit who the manager wishes to recruit. 

Then (also Chansiri..)

“The voice of the manager is the loudest and he has the final say on which players he wishes to recruit. This is then presented to me and as chairman I will make the final decision”

Confusing to say the least

Owlstalk Shop

My people told me that it is said we stockpile players and do not let them go. That I keep them here because they are like family. Why would I do either of those things as chairman of a football club? I have never done that or said that. I have said we are a family club but never that the players are like family.

Owlstalk Shop

"To be fair to Amadeu, he recommended Fernando, Barry Bannan, Lucas Joao and more recently Dominic Iorfa, who I am sure everyone agrees has the potential to go a long way in football."

Bannan - great player

Joao - failed then sold

Iorfa - Only just arrived 

Forestieri - numerous thoughts on this player

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A lot of contradictions in there.

You can only recruit who the manager wants to recruit. And then goes onto say Paixao recommended Iorfa, Bannan, FF? But it’s the chairman who has the final say? So who is actually responsible for transfers at the club.

lol

Not really.. The above players were recommended, the manager said yes and the chairman paid for them.. stop looking for conspiracies when there aren't any... Jeez.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

And at the end of the day, he can defend recruitment all he wants.

But we have had successive summer transfer embargo’s, are on the verge of a points deduction that can see us playing in League One and we are now in a worse position on the pitch than when he took over.

I’m happy he’s come out and started communicating with the fans again, but forgive me if I still don’t think he’s run the club very well. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who recruited all the players the managers have all refused to play?

The ones we never hear about after they’ve signed?

Who recruited all those?

Which players?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you accept the club have made mistakes with recruitment since Wembley?

It depends what you mean by mistakes.

You can only recruit who the manager wishes to recruit. 

Then (also Chansiri..)

“The voice of the manager is the loudest and he has the final say on which players he wishes to recruit. This is then presented to me and as chairman I will make the final decision”

Boggles the mind.

7 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Not really.. The above players were recommended, the manager said yes and the chairman paid for them.. stop looking for conspiracies when there aren't any... Jeez.

Fair enough. I still think it’s a bit of a tangled web. 

But for every Iorfa, FF, Bannan. There is an Emanuleson, Van Aken, Bates, Abdi, Jones, Bus, Melo, Lachman, Sougou, Odubajo, Boyd, Matias, Wiggins, Pelupessy, Rhodes, Winnall. Who recommended all them? 

Yes you can’t guarantee every signing and you will make mistakes. But for a Championship club which has to comply with FFP, we’ve made far too many mistakes. You can’t defend the transfer policy. 

And I’d also question the success of FF. One very good season, followed by one where he refused to play and missed the penalty to send Huddersfield to the play off final. Followed by three seasons of injury and suspension.

Signed for a rumoured 3m. Will leave us for nothing. Whilst we are still in the Championship. Is that good business? 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thought it was a strange question from Dom, asking whether we bought too many players after Wembley.

The huge number of incoming players was in the summer of 2015.

The problem with the players that came in after Wembley was that too many of them were too old and would have no resale value: Jones, Fletcher and Abdi.

Only Reach fitted a forward-thinking strategy of buying players with big potential.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who recruited all the players the managers have all refused to play?

The ones we never hear about after they’ve signed?

Who recruited all those?

The manager is provided with a list of pre-approved players he had nothing to do with and probably knows very little about. After the manager makes his selection of players, DC signs them.

The manager's role in "recruitment" is selecting from a list, not creating the list. 

2 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

"This is why I am giving this interview to you, we have a good relationship built on trust."

- A dig at other journalists?

definitely

My guess is because they’re the ones who would challenge him

Rob Staton for example has never told a lie or even broadcast a single thing that could be deemed as provocative even, but he is ‘on the list’ and wasn’t granted an interview 

Owlstalk Shop