Less cars  - therefore 

Manufacturing ceases

Less mechanics required

Etc

Thousands and thousands out of a job 

Sounds brilliant that 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

If the world doesn't change and learn from this crisis, then we have gained nothing.

Forcing people to work from home, where practical, has seen the considerable reduction in traffic jams, especially at rush hour. With the government committed to reducing carbon emissions, this is a golden opportunity to make home working a permanent feature in order to reduce carbon emissions on a fairly large scale. The technology of video conferencing works well - I have had more video conferences in the past couple of weeks than face to face meetings all year. It also saves hours driving to and from meetings especially in the south-east, where I waste six or seven hours of a working day travelling to and from a meeting that lasts an hour.

Suddenly, there is far less traffic as more people use video conferencing meaning fewer multiple cars per households, because you no longer face a daily commute, and less public transport. We will no longer need the massively expensive HS2 mainly because the money saved by binning HS2 can be taken out of the economy to accommodate some of the huge additional spending being introduced now to protect the economy.

Subsequently, your boss says "Why am I paying millions to keep an expensive office block serviced and manned when everyone now works from home?". City Centre premises close as a result because many employees now work in virtual offices. London property prices tank for a few years as people relocate to the rest of the country.

Finally, having workforces distributed by home working at the outset will limit the impact of another coronavirus outbreak (like SARS, MERS and COVID-19) and enable medical services to keep up with any further outbreaks probably before they become epidemic or pandemic. This will be seen as an attractive benefit of keeping the workforce in separate locations - sort of a "cloud workforce".

The whole social landscape will change again as a result, including football and spectator sport in general. People will probably be spending more time at home and will get even more used to interaction with the outside world via technology. "Virtual stadiums" might one day become a reality as the technology continues to improve. Maybe fifty years from now, as the limitations of bricks and mortar and flesh and blood are stripped away, the stars of football and sport in general will be avatars rather than real players?

Sitting alone at home talking to a computer screen - how long before the boredom, sole isolation and mental ill-health begin to kick-in?

What I don’t know and I guess few football fans know the truth either. Will Sky,BT and numerous overseas broadcasters who have contracts with the EPL and Championship be suing for compensation if the EPL and the Championship fail to complete all the fixtures for 2019/2020 EPL clubs could be looking at multi million pound losses and what will

clubs put first Fans safety or millions in the bank?

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 16:08, outlaw pete said:

what will clubs put first Fans safety or millions in the bank?

Do you really need to ask, if you do, the answer you would get would be, fans, what have they got to do with anything

Edited by the third man

On 20/03/2020 at 16:08, outlaw pete said:

What I don’t know and I guess few football fans know the truth either. Will Sky,BT and numerous overseas broadcasters who have contracts with the EPL and Championship be suing for compensation if the EPL and the Championship fail to complete all the fixtures for 2019/2020 EPL clubs could be looking at multi million pound losses and what will

clubs put first Fans safety or millions in the bank?

Surely if that's what happens the organisations most to blame would be the broadcasters.

On 18/03/2020 at 21:19, crookesowl said:

After the financial crisis of 2007 banks were forced to change and evidence they can survive big economic disasters. 

They didn't really change though did they. Sure, they 'followed' new rules but there is more debt and more money traded now than ever before. Debt at 3 times world GDP compared to double in 2008. 

Nothing changes, it just gets a few tweaks along the way to give the appearance of change.

On 18/03/2020 at 20:29, torres said:

agents only get away with what clubs allow 

Everything boils down to the clubs 

We as fans can not be without blame. We all want (demand) immediate success and vilify any player we deem unworthy even if that very same player has been worshipped previously. We work ourselves into a frenzy about which potential new player(s) can be brought in without too much consideration of cost. Chairman are put under significant pressure to sack managers after back to back defeats.

Yes many of them are greedy but we share that greed and help drive some of their actions. 

On 20/03/2020 at 11:03, torres said:

No office blocks - therefore;

No Architects 

No Surveyors

No Cleaners

No Office Furniture to be made

Etc

Less cars  - therefore 

Manufacturing ceases

Less mechanics required

Etc

Thousands and thousands out of a job 

Sounds brilliant that 

I'm guessing you're a glass half empty kind of guy? lol

2 hours ago, londonowl said:

They didn't really change though did they. Sure, they 'followed' new rules but there is more debt and more money traded now than ever before. Debt at 3 times world GDP compared to double in 2008. 

Nothing changes, it just gets a few tweaks along the way to give the appearance of change.

The changes introduced were for banks to hold increased amounts of capital so they could survive financial crashes.

I know it feels galling that some banks received government bailouts during the last crisis but if they didn't the impact in the general public would have been huge.

If you look at the rumours for summer transfers and the fees being banded about then for the PL it looks like nothing will change

The only thing that will change the PL is if the money supply dries up, and with more companies wanting to get in the race to show matches I cant see this happening anytime soon

the rest of the leagues, maybe less teams as teams go to the wall, but will there be other teams further down the ladder to replace them, I would imagine the answer is yes

15 minutes ago, Brommers said:

We as fans can not be without blame. We all want (demand) immediate success and vilify any player we deem unworthy even if that very same player has been worshipped previously. We work ourselves into a frenzy about which potential new player(s) can be brought in without too much consideration of cost. Chairman are put under significant pressure to sack managers after back to back defeats.

Yes many of them are greedy but we share that greed and help drive some of their actions. 

totally disagree to be honest 

44 minutes ago, Brommers said:

The changes introduced were for banks to hold increased amounts of capital so they could survive financial crashes.

I know it feels galling that some banks received government bailouts during the last crisis but if they didn't the impact in the general public would have been huge.

Like I say. Appearance of change. They hold more capital but they also hold more liability. Wait for the junk companies crisis to hit then we will see how much things have changed.

On 18/03/2020 at 18:50, sherlyegg said:

Tbh if someone offered me 50k per week for doing my job i'm not that sure i would say no thanks, it's too much.

I suppose the point is ATM they are not doing their job, through no fault of their own to be fair, but that their employers are taking a huge financial hit also through no fault of their own, so cuts need to be made.