Football After Coronavirus

Guest Grez Bez

I see that Southampton's Chief Executive is suggesting that the EPL games could be resumed before restrictions are ended and would be televised for all those forced to stay at home. I wonder how much this is down to each PL team losing 38.1 million if the season is aborted rather than for the benefit of the socially isolated.

The world and its inhabitants are sick. A couple of months of recuperation will do everyone good. In Wuhan they saw blue skys for the first time in years when 

everything stopped. Makes you think how much we have abused planet earth.

On 18/03/2020 at 18:40, @owlstalk said:

I think after this Coronavirus thing, that many of us will be looking to live simpler lives with an outlook totally changed by the need of humans in general to stick by each other.

Makes things like Brexit and attacking the BBC look extremely petty

Let's hope we all learn to be better as humans..

Together

Attacking the BBC?? 

Hopefully an entity that will disappear forever.

19 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I see that Southampton's Chief Executive is suggesting that the EPL games could be resumed before restrictions are ended and would be televised for all those forced to stay at home. I wonder how much this is down to each PL team losing 38.1 million if the season is aborted rather than for the benefit of the socially isolated.

Multi-million pound businesses in trying to keep their main source of income shock.  Daily mail headline tomorrow. 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

There's a saying ' The Needs of the Many outweighs the Needs of the Few ' but in the PL Club's view ' The Needs of the Greedy Few Outweighs the Needs of the Many ' :tango:

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

You need to ask?

30 minutes ago, the third man said:

You need to ask?

No, that's why I basically flagged up the comments made by the Southampton Chief Executive. It's money driven.

I do wonder if he appreciates how much less concern there is re football  ATM compared to more important considerations for ordinary folk, however. 

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

No, that's why I basically flagged up the comments made by the Southampton Chief Executive. It's money driven.

I do wonder if he appreciates how much less concern there is re football  ATM compared to more important considerations for ordinary folk, however. 

No he doesn't, to the people involved in the PL especially their own small world is the be all and end all of everything

even thinking the whole country wants to watch football to relieve boredom, shows that he lives in his own little world where football is king and everyone who doesn't think the same isn't worth considering

Sadly I don't see this changing when all this is over either

On 18/03/2020 at 18:01, ReadingOwl said:

The world will have changed after this, not just football?

Hopefully for the better - not just demand driven, perpetual consumption and, therefore we can all have a more sustainable life.

Many Clubs won’t survive I suspect - but hopefully with what’s left, we can get back to it being a sport.

Hopefully - this stay, can allow a complete reset.

Football has become a monster that is eating itself.

We all need to get our priorities right - including sport/football.

Very well put, Sir/Madam....

12 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Probably the same greedy, selfish and brainless ones who strip the supermarket shelves...

And this selfish,materialistic attitude all stems from the 1980's when Mrs Thatcher said ' There's no such thing as society'.:tango:

16 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Ok then, we as fans (except Torres) are not without blame................................

what you said is nonsense to be fair 

fans might want loads of players but so what, it’s the clubs job to be ran sensibly 

Its like the kids who want all the toys only the useless parents give in and over spend 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

what you said is nonsense to be fair 

fans might want loads of players but so what, it’s the clubs job to be ran sensibly 

Its like the kids who want all the toys only the useless parents give in and over spend 

That's your opinion. We don't live in an ideal world.

If you're a club chairman and teams having a poor run, fans in uproar in the ground,  berating the team, manager and you the chairman. Then fans boycott games because they don't like you or the manager. What you gonna do? Sack the manager to appease the masses or say, stuff em, spoilt little bleeders, I'll do what i want and keep faith with the manager.