New Owls Trust launches this Monday night

12 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

For it.

There is no better time than now with no on field distractions and so the focus will be on the root problems at the club. 
Will DC accept an invitation to have regular dialogue? 
Well, if he doesn’t than it’s clear how much interest he has in the club and it ultimately the fan base. 

The club has an obligation to hold regular fans forums etc 

We has one in December 2018 I think 

Owlstalk Shop

Couple of points Niel, based on previous experience dating back to Rita Nettleship, and fleeting membership/ approval of previous such groups.

Firstly for this to work you have to have a big numerical base. Think wednesdayite got to about 1100 at a time of crisis, and WISA considerably less I believe. So how does this group think it can achieve the 10k plus needed for any credibility?

As some one else said he really needs a good front man. Think Hattersley and the other MP just about killed wednesdayite at birth. Who can fit that bill?

Think they really need to get season ticket holders on board early doors.

other than that. Great idea and the best of luck.

10 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Couple of points Niel, based on previous experience dating back to Rita Nettleship, and fleeting membership/ approval of previous such groups.

Firstly for this to work you have to have a big numerical base. Think wednesdayite got to about 1100 at a time of crisis, and WISA considerably less I believe. So how does this group think it can achieve the 10k plus needed for any credibility?

As some one else said he really needs a good front man. Think Hattersley and the other MP just about killed wednesdayite at birth. Who can fit that bill?

Think they really need to get season ticket holders on board early doors.

other than that. Great idea and the best of luck.

Some good points there

Without a real significant number of members it’s going to be viewed as a tiny minority fans group (almost irrelevant) by the club and especially by the fanbase as a whole.

Once that perception is adopted it’s game over as it will be a case of ‘these people are just egotistical’ or ‘they don’t speak for us wednesday fans’ etc etc

Almost inevitable that will be the case and not sure growing it out of a (ill advised) tiny meeting in a working men’s club up Crookes with no big hitters or public figures, and with old WISA and Owls Trust directors involved  doesn’t instill me with any confidence they will win significant numbers of Owls fans over.

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The new Owls Trust fans group WILL be political (very - from day one)

Its Wednesdayite that don’t want to be political 

The new fans groups aim will be to have shares and a place on the SWFC board as per FSA membership rules

Chansiri would not tolerate a body of outsiders trying to manipulate his leadership especially with a political agenda, however in a perverse sort of way

this may help the Club by making the Chairman realise at long last that we as fans are starting to turn against him, which may bring about a change in

direction.

One can only hope that such a move by the fans brings about changes without damaging relationships.

Fans organizations can only be truly effective if you have an open door to the boardroom with owners who welcome constructive dialogue AND a large proportion of fans who are members of the organization. 

Otherwise, the most effective driver for change occurs when a large number of fans, members or not, gather behind the South Stand on match days to make their feelings known. You don’t necessarily need a fans organization for this to happen.

Other than that, I would never criticize any fans who want to come together to consider how they might influence change as they clearly must care and be passionate to even get together to discuss such a mandate in the first place. However, it is ultimately a numbers game and I sincerely hope they can somehow mobilize a membership of 10,000 plus. It is a tough challenge and why gathering under the stand is more likely to deliver results.

11 minutes ago, Daz said:

Fans organizations can only be truly effective if you have an open door to the boardroom with owners who welcome constructive dialogue AND a large proportion of fans who are members of the organization. 

Otherwise, the most effective driver for change occurs when a large number of fans, members or not, gather behind the South Stand on match days to make their feelings known. You don’t necessarily need a fans organization for this to happen.

Other than that, I would never criticize any fans who want to come together to consider how they might influence change as they clearly must care and be passionate to even get together to discuss such a mandate in the first place. However, it is ultimately a numbers game and I sincerely hope they can somehow mobilize a membership of 10,000 plus. It is a tough challenge and why gathering under the stand is more likely to deliver results.

Agree with this

Not sure if this new fans group are aware of what they’re up against 

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why though 

What makes you think that way

just believe we need a connection to the club, for DC to have to enter in to dialogue with the fanbase so we know what’s going on or so we can air any concerns. That’s what I’m hoping will happen any way. 

Guest Grez Bez

I like the idea but not sure what it will do. 

I'm 33 and presume a lot my age and younger wouldn't join. Not because of age but because of not knowing about the pros of joining.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

just believe we need a connection to the club, for DC to have to enter in to dialogue with the fanbase so we know what’s going on or so we can air any concerns. That’s what I’m hoping will happen any way. 

How will you find out what was said in those meetings if you’re not a member 

Owlstalk Shop

Each to their own but I'm not a big fan of fans committee's/trusts, Wednesdyite being the prime example, supporters should'nt be involved with the politics and running of their chosen football clubs.

By all means have regional supporters clubs for meeting up to watch games and arranging travel to away games etc..

I'm probably in the minority but I can cope with that.

Just now, paddyowl said:

Each to their own but I'm not a big fan of fans committee's/trusts, Wednesdyite being the prime example, supporters should'nt be involved with the politics and running of their chosen football clubs.

By all means have regional supporters clubs for meeting up to watch games and arranging travel to away games etc..

I'm probably in the minority but I can cope with that.

I would argue you’re most definitely in the majority not the minority 

Owlstalk Shop

Did  not wednesdayite try to do this and end up hated by some just because they were called wednesdayite LOL  , taken from owlsonline back in the day  , tbh I can't see it working there are too many differing views on things about the why's and wherefores on anything Wednesday related,and the share issue If it ever came about I can't see DC going for that if it ever raised it's head those days are long gone and lets face it if it come to selling we would be back at square one going down that route and could be construed as a kick in the teeth for the original shareholder fans who let the shares go for the sake of the club ,