New Owls Trust launches this Monday night

As I write this the new Owls Trust will meet fans at Crookes Working Men’s Club this Monday night to put together a board, rules, appoint directors etc and have an initial talk about what’s needed, aims and objectives etc.

They hope to open dialogue with the chairman as a representative of you and I.

They will be aligned to the FSA (football supporters association) who pushes its members to own shares in the club and a place on the SWFC board.

so....

Are you for or against this idea/group?

Do we need this group right now?

Will the chairman acknowledge the group and really listen to them or will he view it as an annoyance and ignore it?

Is the shares/place on the board aspect a winner?

What did we learn from the old Owls Trust, Wednesdayite or even WISA (one of WISA’s directors is behind this new group)

Will fans accept this group as their representative?

The new group doesn’t have existing channels of communication to the fanbase so how will it successfully reach ALL fans with their news/updates/reports from each meeting with the chairman?

If shares/place on the board is a key goal for the group will Chansiri accept and welcome this?

Will you be going tomorrow night and are you getting involved?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Still going ahead though.

The Owls Trusts first big decision is to congregate people in a nice warm pub.

If they had anything about them they should cancel or do a quick Q&A over social media or if possible through here somehow until it’s easier for everyone to attend 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

It can't do any harm, it doesn't seem to have galvanised the posters on here.  Would be surprised be over twenty turned up especially in the present climate.

For it to have any success then it needs to be recognised by the club.

Hope they get it off the ground though.

What did you know of WISA, the old Owls Trust and Wednesdayite? 

Any similarities you can see between those times and now to justify another fans group being established?

If Chansiri doesn’t recognise the group will they look to embarrass him publically through press releases etc questioning him formally and if so will he react in a way that is detrimental to the whole fanbase?

(obvs looking for opinion only as there are no real facts yet either way)

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What did you know of WISA, the old Owls Trust and Wednesdayite? 

Any similarities you can see between those times and now to justify another fans group being established?

If Chansiri doesn’t recognise the group will they look to embarrass him publically through press releases etc questioning him formally and if so will he react in a way that is detrimental to the whole fanbase?

(obvs looking for opinion only as there are no real facts yet either way)

I did join Wednesdayite but I never got involved, can't even remember why I joined. 

They need someone to spearhead the group who really knows the ropes, good at PR and especially knows his way around football politics.

You seem the perfect person for the job.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

I did join Wednesdayite but I never got involved, can't even remember why I joined. 

They need someone to spearhead the group who really knows the ropes, good at PR and especially knows his way around football politics.

You seem the perfect person for the job.

lol

Not a chance 

Our fans despise fans groups with a vicious passion and I don’t have the time nor inclination to get involved with yet another one.

Fans don’t like a fans group representing fans that’s for sure - seen that clarified so often by angry supporters too often

Owlstalk Shop

I know I’ll get negged to death for posting this but whenever has a Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Group ever worked? And the reason they never work is because it’s like a normal day on here where no one can agree on anything, there’s backbiting, people taking the p!$$ and a general apathy that nothing positive will ever happen. Also because of this you’ll probably never get a proper working relationship with the club because as before the club will probably not take the group seriously or more than likely see them as a unnecessary nuisance? We like to take the p!$$ out of supporters of other clubs that protest against their clubs but in truth we’re the real joke. Feel free to neg away.

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I know I’ll get negged to death for posting this but whenever has a Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Group ever worked? And the reason they never work is because it’s like a normal day on here where no one can agree on anything, there’s backbiting, people taking the p!$$ and a general apathy that nothing positive will ever happen. Also because of this you’ll probably never get a proper working relationship with the club because as before the club will probably not take the group seriously or more than likely see them as a unnecessary nuisance? We like to take the p!$$ out of supporters of other clubs that protest against their clubs but in truth we’re the real joke. Feel free to neg away.

Could this new group be different though?

Is there anything it could do differently from previous Owls Trust or WISA etc that means it could succeed or is it destined to follow the exact same path to oblivion and hate from the general fanbase?

What could it do differently to change your viewpoint?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

I get what you are saying however the alternative is to sit back, do nothing and let the clubs slide continue unabated.

A new supporters group may achieve nothing but it certainly can’t make things worse.

What if Chansiri sees it as a threat and starts acting in ways that is detremental to the whole fanbase?

It could shut the chairman off completely to the fanbase if he sees their calls for shares and a place on the board as a threat and the views of the whole fanbase

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What about the points I’ve raised above?

Didn’t realise it was a questionnaire. They haven’t even started yet? I think it’s right to see where they go first before condemning the idea of what they aim to do. 

2003503668_giphy(4).gif.aa903952c31f94fff4a679a7da05969f.gif

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

What about the points I’ve raised above?

I'm for it, anything that helps the Club to engage with fans has to be looked on in the positive.

As for the points you raise.

2 points.

Don't want shares/place on the board, even if offered could turn political, and Chansiri would probably see this as a threat, and not a good place to start dialogue.

If it's non political and does not have agenda's, more to help the Club than be an hindrance then why not give it a platform on here, maybe in the Boardroom section, they could pay for the privilege through a donation towards running costs, I'm sure people would like to hear what  questions were asked, and  the outcome of the meetings, it would in my opinion give this site a real boost in traffic, which can only be for the good. 

Edited by daleblue