New Owls Trust launches this Monday night

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Could this new group be different though?

Is there anything it could do differently from previous Owls Trust or WISA etc that means it could succeed or is it destined to follow the exact same path to oblivion and hate from the general fanbase?

What could it do differently to change your viewpoint?

I’m not sure it could do anything differently TBH. It’s the attitude of the fan base that needs to change. There is a general mood when push comes to shove that the club can’t be held accountable for certain things. The butchers, bakers and candlestick makers had their supporters, so did DA and DC has his. Any force for change will always be fighting against supporters of the establishment who feel that we should accept how things are.

Wednesdayite had a better chance than most as they had a initial shareholding in the club. With all due respect to the people who ran/run Wednesdayite, it was very ineffectual in what it tried to achieve and what it did achieve if anything was splitting the fan base even further?

If a supporters group can’t affect change with an actual stake in the club then what chance does any new organisation have of affecting change without one? It’s f***ed before it’s even begun IMO?

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

2003503668_giphy(4).gif.aa903952c31f94fff4a679a7da05969f.gif

I'm for it, anything that helps the Club to engage with fans has to be looked on in the positive.

As for the points you raise.

2 points.

Don't want shares/place on the board, even if offered could turn political, and Chansiri would probably see this as a threat, and not a good place to start dialogue.

If it's non political and does not have agenda's, more to help the Club than be an hindrance then why not give it a platform on here, maybe in the Boardroom section, they could pay for the privilege through a donation towards running costs, I'm sure people would like to hear what  questions were asked, and  the outcome of the meetings, it would in my opinion give this site a real boost in traffic, which can only be for the good. 

The new Owls Trust fans group WILL be political (very - from day one)

Its Wednesdayite that don’t want to be political 

The new fans groups aim will be to have shares and a place on the SWFC board as per FSA membership rules

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The new Owls Trust fans group WILL be political (very - from day one)

Its Wednesdayite that don’t want to be political 

The new fans groups aim will be to have shares and a place on the SWFC board as per FSA membership rules

Impossible for it not to be political as it's being formed on the back of disillusionment with how the club is being ran by the chairman.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah

Plus their affiliation with the political (but toothless) FSA organisation

But, while it's fine to look at perceived negatives. I don't see anyone offering alternatives or potential solutions.

If you're unhappy with it all but don't try, or sit back and do nothing, then what can you say really?

5 minutes ago, FootballTyper said:

But, while it's fine to look at perceived negatives. I don't see anyone offering alternatives or potential solutions.

If you're unhappy with it all but don't try, or sit back and do nothing, then what can you say really?

I think it’s important to look at what history tells us through previous fans groups like WISA and the old Owls Trust 

We also have to recognise our current chairmans approach and how willing (or not) he is to listen to warnings, advice and suggestion.

We also have to look at whether or not a fans group will be representing ‘the fans’ or just their small fans group 

Owlstalk Shop

Chansiri will probably pay lip service to supporting it and listening but I doubt he'll actually take anything on board from it. As for part ownership of the club, I cannot see Chansiri even entertaining that and, from past history, would not be a good thing at Wednesday anyway.

Ps the aim of this thread is not to hate 

Its to debate all the pertinent points of this new group ahead of the meeting so these points and questions can be taken along by anyone going 

There is no benefit to everyone going along full of nothing but happy thoughts and naive outlook when the road ahead is choppy if not nigh on impossible

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it’s important to look at what history tells us through previous fans groups like WISA and the old Owls Trust 

We also have to recognise our current chairmans approach and how willing (or not) he is to listen to warnings, advice and suggestion.

We also have to look at whether or not a fans group will be representing ‘the fans’ or just their small fans group 

If any of those involved with this new trust has any experience dealing with the chairman or the club in general, they should have an idea on how to operate.

1 minute ago, Tyto Alba said:

All the fans groups we've had so far have been car crashes.  This sounds exactly the same to me.  If I'm wrong then tell me what is different this time.

Not sure there is any evidence to suggest this fans group is any different than previous attempts 

Owlstalk Shop

For it.

There is no better time than now with no on field distractions and so the focus will be on the root problems at the club. 
Will DC accept an invitation to have regular dialogue? 
Well, if he doesn’t than it’s clear how much interest he has in the club and it ultimately the fan base.