Those of you excusing Gary Monk

39 minutes ago, Dot said:

Hang your heads in shame

Yes there are things going on behind the scenes.

This capitulation though is down to Monk, his team selections are poor

his tactics (what are they?) are poor

his man management is terrible

the off field stuff isn't his doing

the on field stuff is totally down to him

You know when things get really bad when a section of the fan base starts having a pop at their own. 

Normally the time I leave this site alone for a wee while

Edited by Mystic Neg

Guest LondonOwl313

Big problem for me is not the out of contract players, it’s who we’re left with under contract. Dawson and Pelupessy are League 2 players, Palmer and Fox are lower end Championship players.. Lees looks shot.. Bannan is off form.. Harris is a one trick pony.. Rhodes is finished. Who do we actually have left for next season we can build a challenging team around?

Iorfa

Borner

Luongo

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

and these have question marks against them too. 

We need another summer 2015 where we buy prime attacking players like FF and Hooper but we likely don’t have the money to do that. Think it looks like a long hard struggle even if we don’t go down with a points deduction

Just now, ka58 said:

They were sh ite against city as well by the way.

How do you go from conceding 1 goal against Manchester City to conceding 5 goals against the mighty Brentford within a few days? 

The players don't give a shiit mate. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Monk knows they've thrown him under a bus. 

The whole thing is a shambles. 

A group of players trying to get the manager sacked; the club not sacking him; so we end up with wacky formations and selections. 

It is an absolute farce. 

Criminally, we've been here before

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Big problem for me is not the out of contract players, it’s who we’re left with under contract. Dawson and Pelupessy are League 2 players, Palmer and Fox are lower end Championship players.. Lees looks shot.. Bannan is off form.. Harris is a one trick pony.. Rhodes is finished. Who do we actually have left for next season we can build a challenging team around?

Iorfa

Borner

Luongo

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

and these have question marks against them too. 

We need another summer 2015 where we buy prime attacking players like FF and Hooper but we likely don’t have the money to do that. Think it looks like a long hard struggle even if we don’t go down with a points deduction

I'm going to disagree, not because I don't think they are good players but for me we need to be refreshing as much of the squad as possible. Even our better footballers should be sold where possible. As you say, all our players have question marks over character and consistency, without that we go nowhere. 

Edited by Morepork

Was hoping he'd turn it around, get a reaction and have us showing more fret.

But in reality football management isn't the right career for him possibly at all but certainly at this level yet.

Time for him to do a few years in L1/L2 at a normal no drama club like Wilder did then maybe try again. His ego will prevent that of course.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, RichieB said:

How do you go from conceding 1 goal against Manchester City to conceding 5 goals against the mighty Brentford within a few days? 

The players don't give a shiit mate. 

Because for a start he dropped a keeper who made at least half a dozen saves for one who conceded from 80% of shots on goal. Then on top of that against City the tactics were to just get everyone between the ball and goal and make it hard to score, which we did reasonably well, and City were pretty wasteful. Today I’d assume the plan was to play more freely and at least try and score.. which led to us being 3-0 down after half an hour or so

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'm going to disagree, not because I don't think they are good players but for me we need to be refreshing as much of the squad as possible. Even our better footballers should be sold where possible. As you say, all our players have question marks over character and consistency, without that we go nowhere. 

I think ideally we need a whole new team with the exception of maybe Iorfa and Fletcher.. but how realistic is that.. some of these players will be here next year. Even in 2015 we had a good spine of Westwood, Loovens, Lees, Hutchinson and Lee already in place and we just added quality in attacking areas. The rebuild now is an even bigger one and Chansiri probably has much less money to spend. We need new ownership ideally but even that’s not realistic because he’d have to write a huge chunk of money off to cut his losses

41 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

It worries me that people think this is out of Monk’s hand.

The only football coach he has is Lee Bullen. No manager would be able to do it alone. 

Monk accepted this working arrangement, so surely takes some of the blame, but DC is taking the absolute mick out of us. Shambles of an operation from top to bottom. 

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Because for a start he dropped a keeper who made at least half a dozen saves for one who conceded from 80% of shots on goal. Then on top of that against City the tactics were to just get everyone between the ball and goal and make it hard to score, which we did reasonably well, and City were pretty wasteful. Today I’d assume the plan was to play more freely and at least try and score.. which led to us being 3-0 down after half an hour or so

Forget tactics for a minute... Do you think the effort against Brentford was the same as against Manchester City? 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I think ideally we need a whole new team with the exception of maybe Iorfa and Fletcher.. but how realistic is that.. some of these players will be here next year. Even in 2015 we had a good spine of Westwood, Loovens, Lees, Hutchinson and Lee already in place and we just added quality in attacking areas. The rebuild now is an even bigger one and Chansiri probably has much less money to spend. We need new ownership ideally but even that’s not realistic because he’d have to write a huge chunk of money off to cut his losses

You hope whoever is going to make those decisions is not going to commit us to more huge Fletch wages before we know what league we are playing in. I hold little hope of us being able to assemble a replacement squad whatever decisions are made. Sorry state of affairs on all fronts. 

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

For me it would be an absolute disaster if we went down to league one. If it happens imo we will be stuck in that league for a while. It simply can’t happen

Unfortunately it’s becoming more likely with every game - feels like a probability now rather than possibility, even if no points deduction.  If that was to result in new owners, then maybe some good could come from relegation, as I’ve no idea where we are headed with Chansiri.

There may be stuff behind the scenes but he picks the starting line up. He is paid to have the buck stop with him. Does Chansiri make it easy for him? Maybe not, but he's paid a Kings randsom to win football matches. Once they are in that dressing room and at training that's 100% monk. And that is what should have the biggest effect on results. 

If it's not then the manager isn't a manager

Edited by darklord

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Forget tactics for a minute... Do you think the effort against Brentford was the same as against Manchester City? 

Well no.. but heads dropped when 2-0 down after 18 mins. If City had scored early on on Wednesday it probably would have been a much different outcome