Jump to content

Those of you excusing Gary Monk


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

For me it would be an absolute disaster if we went down to league one. If it happens imo we will be stuck in that league for a while. It simply can’t happen. 

 

I agree, we could stay down there longer than our first stint 1975 to 1980. 

I don't think attendances would hold up this time, 12 to 14,000 would be an average gate. 

 

We might even end up in old 4th division. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

I agree, we could stay down there longer than our first stint 1975 to 1980. 

I don't think attendances would hold up this time, 12 to 14,000 would be an average gate. 

 

We might even end up in old 4th division. 

Slightly optimistic at these prices?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Responsibility starts at the top. 

 

He (the Chairman) appoints, he leads, he instructs, he guides.

 

Monk was his appointment.

 

Without knowing all the politics, personalities and challenges, I couldn’t praise or condemn Monk.

 

That wouldn’t be really fair.

 

I don’t excuse him - but he does have my sympathy.

 

And, so will the next manager.

But you can DC?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for a bit of perspective. 
pre season I was the most optimistic I have been in years. A good experienced manager who identified our areas of weakness. Put square pegs in square holes. I was looking forward to a good season. 
 

Now I’ve stopped going. I just can’t stand watching this poo. 
 

only one important thing changed. Monk. We would not be in the mess had Bruce not walked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

Is he in charge of on the pitch matters? 

 

Yes, ultimately.

 

Appointing managers, agreeing and appointing back room staff, recruiting and retaining players - including Senior ones.

 

Controlling the finances of the Club.

 

All the above - have an indirect effect on the training pitch and the dressing room. The general moral and leadership of the Club.

 

All under his control.

 

Who do you suggest is ultimately responsible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alfonso123 said:

Slightly optimistic at these prices?

 

They'll all be season ticket holders, all pay on day will be visiting fans, Fleetwood average around 100 traveling supporters. :duntmatter:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

 

Yes, ultimately.

 

Appointing managers, agreeing and appointing back room staff, recruiting and retaining players - including Senior ones.

 

Controlling the finances of the Club.

 

All the above - have an indirect effect on the training pitch and the dressing room. The general moral and leadership of the Club.

 

All under his control.

 

Who do you suggest is ultimately responsible?

I suggest that tactics, team motivation, an input (unclear to what level) in recruitment, training, in-game management are a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities assigned to the manager. 

 

In my team if I assign someone a leadership role within my organisation and they consistantly fail to motivate the team, to put people in a situation to perform their best, I take some of the blame but ultimately they have to go.

 

I'm not sure why you dont share that view.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Just for a bit of perspective. 
pre season I was the most optimistic I have been in years. A good experienced manager who identified our areas of weakness. Put square pegs in square holes. I was looking forward to a good season. 
 

Now I’ve stopped going. I just can’t stand watching this poo. 
 

only one important thing changed. Monk. We would not be in the mess had Bruce not walked. 


He did walk so what he would or wouldn’t have done is irrelevant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Responsibility starts at the top. 

 

He (the Chairman) appoints, he leads, he instructs, he guides.

 

Monk was his appointment.

 

Without knowing all the politics, personalities and challenges, I couldn’t praise or condemn Monk.

 

That wouldn’t be really fair.

 

I don’t excuse him - but he does have my sympathy.

 

And, so will the next manager.

A sensible overview - well done that man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I suggest that tactics, team motivation, an input (unclear to what level) in recruitment, training, in-game management are a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities assigned to the manager. 

 

In my team if I assign someone a leadership role within my organisation and they consistantly fail to motivate the team, to put people in a situation to perform their best, I take some of the blame but ultimately they have to go.

 

I'm not sure why you dont share that view.

 


So you want a short term fix - but want to ignore what has got us here in the first place?
 

You trust the Chairman to appoint, give guidance and leadership this time? Didn’t he appoint Monk - albeit as a cheap option on a short term contract.

 

This new manager - will he have his own back room staff, any confidantes in the hierarchy of the Club, a budget?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t hold a candle for Monk either.

 

I never have - but what do I know. With the right support he could have been successful?

 

Monks appointment was merely treading water - for what, till when?

 

I wouldn’t know where the start appointing someone to manage this Club with its current problems.

 

Its not a science. There aren’t any guarantees.
 

But I don’t know why you are all just shouting about Monk.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouble is even when he's put out a good 11 we've still been garbage.

We wanted forestieri back, wanted Wickham to come, moaned about reach. Doesn't make a difference who plays it seems.

He shouldn't be playing Dawson every week, although during the decent spell people were saying how good he was.But imo he isn't good enough.

Get rid of monk by all means but 

This will be number 15 in 20 years.

I'm not convinced the next man will be able to sort this crap out either.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...