Crookes WMC -The start of the revolution

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thanks mate 

I guess I was really after some real life examples that you've experienced of the people, their agendas and their actions etc

Not a problem 

I think my comments are negative enough without going into any possible personal experiences 

and having had a conversation with some people involved in this one after my initial post here,  I think it’s best for fans to make their own opinions 

Just now, PARKOWL said:

Not a problem 

I think my comments are negative enough without going into any possible personal experiences 

and having had a conversation with some people involved in this one after my initial post here,  I think it’s best for fans to make their own opinions 

Fair

Thanks mate

Owlstalk Shop

49 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Like I said just my opinion of supporters groups.

I’ve no doubt that people who start these supporter groups do so with what they believe to be the best intentions of fans,  

but soon enough they start to direct the group towards their own agendas and views of what they think should be happening, And if people have a different opinion Rather than encouraged to discuss these alternative view and have them aired, they are labelled as part of the problem and made to feel unwelcome.

i also believe that said people start to believe that they have far more influence at a club than they actually do and if they don’t get the recognition from a club they think they’re entitled to they go out of their way to bring negativity and stir animosity towards that said club 

but like I said that’s just my opinions on supporters groups 

Pretty accurate critique of Grandad.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

Not a problem 

Is your solution to the club’s problems then to do fizz all and take a pop at people trying to do something constructive in between the 15 times a day you have a tug thinking about showing off on an internet forum?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Is your solution to the club’s problems then to do fizz all and take a pop at people trying to do something constructive in between the 15 times a day you have a tug thinking about showing off on an internet forum?

Who have I had a pop at 

I’ve given my opinion on a thread 

I wouldn’t say I’m showing off either  unlike yourself 

also your response demonstrates everything I’ve said in throwing abuse at someone with a different opinion 

I’ll be at crookes club to see what they say and what they’re plans are but as of now my opinion is just that my opinion 

Over the years I have been to many such meetings, including Wednesdayite and the Shareholders Association sadly even with a significant shareholding and many talented people putting hours of unpaid time in they do not  achieve anything that really counts.

I wish this new version well and commend them for trying but Wednesday is owned by 1 man the only way there will be any change is if he decides to sell his shareholding.

15 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Over the years I have been to many such meetings, including Wednesdayite and the Shareholders Association sadly even with a significant shareholding and many talented people putting hours of unpaid time in they do not  achieve anything that really counts.

I wish this new version well and commend them for trying but Wednesday is owned by 1 man the only way there will be any change is if he decides to sell his shareholding.

By coordinating a vote of no confidence in the board the Shareholders Association had charterhouse sufficiently worried that they converted their shareholding to give them the capability to vote.

That saved the club £15m as they were no longer entitled to repayment of their investment

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Fair

Thanks mate

Instead of trying to rubbish this new idea before its started, why don’t you go along to the meeting, listen to what’s been said and get involved? If you don’t like what’s being proposed then still get involved to try to influence its direction.

On 01/03/2020 at 17:55, torres said:

We have got enough intelligent supporters to make one of these kind of enterprises work 

Trouble is it won’t happen at something like that. 

Hope some good comes out of it though 

We need something!!

think carefully a dozen dimwits can easily outshout 20 wise men.