Crookes WMC -The start of the revolution

Not for me and not a fan of supporters groups, In my opinion they all end up going one of two ways

They are either a group of people where a small number of front men push they're own agendas and have inflated delusions of grandeur regarding their importance to the club, and run rough shot over any other alternative thinking that they don't agree with.

Or they end up a completely insignificant fluffy group of people that only show up at the end of the season to present a £7.99 skegness market trophy to which ever player is flavour of the month with the fans 

a bit like internet forums really

4 hours ago, PARKOWL said:They are either a group of people where a small number of front men push they're own agendas and have inflated delusions of grandeur regarding their importance to the club, and run rough shot over any other alternative thinking that they don't agree with.

am interested in this and what you mean

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

They are either a group of people where a small number of front men push they're own agendas and have inflated delusions of grandeur regarding their importance to the club, and run rough shot over any other alternative thinking that they don't agree with.

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Entertainment sorted 

20200303_173904.gif

Glad your on mate. Our lass called at Boots earlier for some new false nails. I think the ones they had on sale were meant for the Barnsley store. 

IMG_20200303_171634.thumb.jpg.1c177526e24d5264dfc41f93e036c5eb.jpg

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Glad your on mate. Our lass called at Boots earlier for some new false nails. I think the ones they had on sale were meant for the Barnsley store. 

IMG_20200303_171634.thumb.jpg.1c177526e24d5264dfc41f93e036c5eb.jpg

Come off it S36

Admit it, they're for you reallylol

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

Not for me and not a fan of supporters groups, They are either a group of people where a small number of front men push they're own agendas and have inflated delusions of grandeur regarding their importance to the club, and run rough shot over any other alternative thinking that they don't agree with.

this bit 👍

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

this bit 👍

Like I said just my opinion of supporters groups.

I’ve no doubt that people who start these supporter groups do so with what they believe to be the best intentions of fans,  

but soon enough they start to direct the group towards their own agendas and views of what they think should be happening, And if people have a different opinion Rather than encouraged to discuss these alternative view and have them aired, they are labelled as part of the problem and made to feel unwelcome.

i also believe that said people start to believe that they have far more influence at a club than they actually do and if they don’t get the recognition from a club they think they’re entitled to they go out of their way to bring negativity and stir animosity towards that said club 

but like I said that’s just my opinions on supporters groups 

Just now, PARKOWL said:

Like I said just my opinion of supporters groups.

I’ve no doubt that people who start these supporter groups do so with what they believe to be the best intentions of fans,  

but soon enough they start to direct the group towards their own agendas and views of what they think should be happening, And if people have a different opinion Rather than encouraged to discuss these alternative view and have them aired, they are labelled as part of the problem and made to feel unwelcome.

i also believe that said people start to believe that they have far more influence at a club than they actually do and if they don’t get the recognition from a club they think they’re entitled to they go out of their way to bring negativity and stir animosity towards that said club 

but like I said that’s just my opinions on supporters groups 

Thanks mate 

I guess I was really after some real life examples that you've experienced of the people, their agendas and their actions etc

Owlstalk Shop

On 02/03/2020 at 19:01, @owlstalk said:

Can’t argue with any of that

ALSO the fact that ex WISA folk are looking to become involved running this new fans group I have to say I wish it all the luck in the world but I’m also out and won’t be attending this new meeting thingy

Whats the beef with the ex WISA folk?

Surely its not a good thing if old grudges are held to prevent a good idea to the potential benefits of fans/club

@pahowl having been a Wednesdayite member its a  bit disheartening to see a giving up of a desire to represent the fans in a meaningful way. Of course DA was hostile but doesn't mean the concept is wrong for the club

That sounds like a SAG meeting. :Chansiri:

• Haha 1